Pirate 4x4 banner

stock front sway bar bracket design

794 views 10 replies 3 participants last post by  BRODBECKRT 
#1 ·
I am currently building a new bumper with my home built tube bender. I picked up two bumpers off of cl for $50 and started adding/modifying them. For the front I have added a grill guard, stinger, and winch plate. One thing I noticed is how cramped the rear bolts on the sway bar brackets will be under the grille because my winch plate is going to tie into the sway bar bracket bolts as well.
What have you all done to fix this problem? Relocate the sway bar? Fab new brackets? I have half way decent fab skills so I was thinking of redesigning the top brackets to bolt through the web of the frame rather than the top. I will try to get pics if I can, but it may not be til the end of the week. Thanks in advance.

#2 ·
Well I had JKS quick discos and they are a great product but I got tired (lazy) of disco'n and reconnecting my sway bar and bought a used Currie Anti-rock. No more messing with it and it solved any issues with clearance with the bumper etc.

#3 ·
I have considered it but Im saving for new wheels and tires bc I need new ones very badly. I can get scrap steel sheet up to .250" thick for free from work so I figured as of now it would just be best to fab up something. Plus My jeep is my current DD so It doesnt see the trail very often. I dont mind disco'n. Currie anti-rock is definitely a future mod though. I just need something temporary.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.