Pirate 4x4 banner

Lift reduction?

1K views 18 replies 8 participants last post by  Beat95YJ 
#1 ·
So I have a 4" skyjacker lift. Can I slap some 2.5" coils in and call it a day? I'm on 33's and it seems to damn high, also i want to get rid of the t-case drop, but not ready to tummy tuck just yet.

#6 · (Edited)
Skycrapper is just in the market of getting your junk in the air. Nothing else is addressed. Shit joints, poly bushings, junky shocks and everything is red, which is annoyingly gimmicky. There's a lot more to suspension than "lift."

You'd be wise to go lower, use quality parts, and tuck everything up.

#11 ·
Do you have the skycracker lift with adjustable control arms or fixed? They do make both, I know the skycracker economy lift for 4" comes with fixed arms. Same with your trackbars, if they are adjustable most will adjust down to 2" lift. Post up more specs on the lift or pics and you could probably get a better answer. You shouldn't need new trackbar brackets to go lower in lift unless yours have somehow been modified. Or the setup is stock bars that have used TB relocation brackets. Hard to say without more info.

Really, just post up pics of your trackbars, mounts, rear driveshaft setup at the transfer, and control arms cause it's hard to say or give good advice without knowing what your working with.

#10 ·
I say find some unsuspecting noob to buy your whole kit off of you and trade you his stock set-up, then just run 2" coil spacers on the stock springs and trim where you rub.

#17 · (Edited)
Swap springs and shocks and you should be ok. If you have alignment issues or driveline vibes from the lower control arms, you can get cam bolts for the rear uppers or adjustable uppers. I prefer fixed lowers as they get beat in a short arm tj.

Oh, and don't go back to that Offroad shop.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.