Pirate 4x4 banner

Suspension Seat Question ( I Searched)

2K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  robert-r 
#1 ·
Hey,

I searched Pirate and the internet and I can't figure it out.

Where is the suspension in suspension seat? Is it in the mounting brackets or integrated in the seat itself?

I have a couple of compresed disks in my lower back andI need to make my '99 XJ as smooth as possible to help minimize the ponding on my back.

I was thinking that I could replace the stock seat mounts and add sort some of suspension brackets and keep the stock seats.

I need to be able to slide in & out of the as easy as possible along with having the seat being able to recline.

Knowing where the suspension is at will help me figure out something.

Thanks
E

#7 ·
How do you like getting in & out of them?

I've been using my wife's WJ. I can lower the seat to where I can slide in butt first, then swing my legs in. Then I can raise it to a comfortable height.

I thought about swapping in WJ or ZJ power seats into my XJ.

E

#8 ·
Suspension seats are more difficult to get in and out of then stock. We make a "Daily Driver" Seat and our Recliner that both have lower side supports so they are easier to get in and out of.
You might be able to use your power seat mounts in your XJ but, the seat mounts are fairly narrow in the XJ.
Check out http://www.prpseats.com/Category/21-recliner-seats.aspx
Thanks,
Aaron

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.