Pirate 4x4 banner

AX15 internal to external slave swap

926 views 1 reply 1 participant last post by  skyj 
#1 · (Edited)
Ya I know this subject has been gone over several times but, I am scratching my head on mine. I swapped an Ax15 out of a '95 with external slave bellhousing into my '90 wrangler. I bought the clutch for the '95 and the master and slave for the same year also.
The problem Im having is the '95 master cylinder I bought has a different bolt pattern and the pushrod hole where it attaches to the pedal is way smaller than mine in the '90. Plus everything on the new system is all plastic. I could drill the hole bigger on the new master but with it being plastic I am worried that there wont be enough left for strength.

What has everyone else done for their swap? can I reuse my old master cylinder and just get a external slave? or do I bore out the hole on the plastic master cylinder to make it fit over the rod on the pedal? Im open to ideas!

#2 · (Edited)
ok Im going to bring this one back to the top. Im still unsure how to go about this. the reason I bought the '95 prebled unit is I wanted to replace everything with new stuff. If I have to use my old master cylinder thats fine its still in decent shape, but i would like to be able to use the new one. thanks in advance for any help.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.