Pirate 4x4 banner

Rear seat riser?

675 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Rooney77 
#1 · (Edited)
I have a 1980 CJ5 with the factory rear seat. Being such a short wheelbase there is no legroom and no room for a speaker box either (even an 8" bazooka tube wont fit behind the seat). I'd like to keep the rear seat for the random passenger but I'd like them to have a tad more legroom and I'd also like to add the free speaker I have as well. I figured making a seat riser would accomplish both. My question is, how much can I safely raise it and what's the best way to approach this? I need about 6" for the box but I'm worried any riser that big would be unsafe. What advice do y'all have?

#3 ·
I probably should have mentioned that I have no cage past the main hoop so I have no rear passengers when wheeling. It's more of a let's run into town or give me a ride back to camp situation. Or my nephew wanting to run to the pond to fish kinda deal. A rear cage is in future plans though, just not right now.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.