Pirate 4x4 banner

AX 15 leak

4K views 6 replies 2 participants last post by  Schomj 
#1 ·
So I have a friend who has a YJ with an ax 15, he has had problems with the trans leaking from what appears to be the input shaft area. He had this problem and got a re-man ax15, which started leaking in the same spot the day after he installed it. could this be from tweaking the front output needle bearing durring the install allowing the shaft to have play? Just wondering if anyone else has had this problem, heard of this problem, or has any advice or ideas of a way to fix the leak. He is getting very frustrated at the thing repeatedly leaking no matter what he try's and at some points wants to just burn the thing :mad3 , but hey its a Jeep a leak here and there is expected right :shaking:

#3 ·
I've have had several AX-15's leak in XJ's. Not in the front but where the tranny joins the transfer case. In both situations I took the vent cap off the breather hose located on the firewall.Never leaked again.
Not saying this is your problem,but always check the easy stuff first.

#7 ·
He said he took off the breather cap and cleaned it out, apparently it had some mud covering it. went wheeling all day yesterday and it hasn't been leaking. thanks for the info its the little things that you don't think about that can save you the most time and money.:beer:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.