Pirate 4x4 banner

Tires Out Of Round

588 views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  Ho Shorts 
#1 ·
I did a search, sorry if it has been talked to death....

I have some older Goodyear MT's, like the hummers, but 35's. They are between 10 and 15 years old, and sat under my jeepster for years while the previous owner built it.

I finished the build and have put 3000 miles on it. They have always shimmied a bit, but lately they have been shaking more and more. Today I took it in for a balance, and could see them on the tire machine wobbling quite a bit. The tire guy showed me how much they wobbled. the rims are good, lots of tread left on the tires, and got a perfect balance. Driving home had more wobble then ever! All the steering stuff is new, pretty good drag link angle, ram assist (i know it masks death wobble)...

Are there any tricks to round these back out? or have they been ruined from sitting?

#3 ·
Nope, tires are junk. My old dodge had a brand new set of tires on it when I bought it, nipples and all, but it sat for 5 plus years and it basically flat spotted the tires. With tires that old, you'd be better off to replace them even if you didn't have any vibes. You don't want an old tire letting go on a lifted, short wheelbase rig.
Travis..

#6 ·
What size rims are you running?

If you happen to have 16.5's I got 4 37" Goodyear's for my build for $525.00 shipped to the door. It's actually the ONLY reason i went with 16.5's is how cheap the tires are for them.

Derek

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.