Pirate 4x4 banner

Steering for 3-link

684 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Saltine 
#1 ·
I'm about to tackle a 3-link long arm setup and have been reading through a bunch of threads on here. From what I gather, keeping the draglink and panhard long, low, and parallel are a must. I hadn't planned on swapping out my Currie HD steering, but now I'm somewhat concerned how well it will work with the 3 link. Mine is quite lower than some running it, due to the Nth Degree Trackbar brace. It drops my panhard (factory WJ trackbar) about 4", letting me run a drop pitman arm to keep them parallel. Will this be enough to keep it somewhat streetable? It's not my daily driver, but I like to mallcrawl every now and then.

Picture for reference:

See less See more
#2 ·
As long as they are parallel, and close to the same length, the steering will handle fine. They don't look too steep either. Raising them both up would raise your roll center, making your jeep more stable, but it can handle just fine without the roll center being high. There is nothing wrong with an inverted-Y steering setup either, from what I read.

#3 ·
There is nothing wrong with an inverted-Y steering setup either, from what I read.
I wouldn't think Jeep would have used it this long if there was. I just read nothing but people using some fabbed steering setup when going to a 3-link. I have no plans anytime soon to go full hydo, or assist until I get my other projects done and free up some cash flow for tons.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.