Pirate 4x4 banner

Differenciel jeep yj

6K views 13 replies 7 participants last post by  CSP 
#1 · (Edited)
Salut, j'ai lintention de rouler des bogger 38'' sur mon jeep yj et je voulais savoir quel differentiels vous me conseillez?

J'aimerais bien deux dana 44 ou bien un dana 44 et un ford 8.8 ou 9''. Sur quel vehicule je pourais trouver ca? J'aimerais prendre les deux differenciels sur le meme vehicule.. Et les poches doivent etre du bon coté. Diff arriere(poche au centre) Diff avant(poche coté conducteur)

Sinon tento j'ai été voir a la scrap et jai trouver un vieu F350 Diesel. Je ne sait pas l'année mais c'est environ 80.. A l'avant c'est un vrai differenciel, pas ceux la avec les cardan au bout! Est que quelqu'un sait quel est cette sorte de differenciel la? Ca a lair pasmal solide!

#4 · (Edited)
Hi, i want to put bogger 38 on my jeep yj. so, i want to know wich differential put...

I want to put two dana 44 or one dana 44 and one ford 8.8 or 9''. On wich vehicule can i find that? I want to take the two differentials on the same truck.

my friend got a ford f350 1980 and he got 2 differential it good shape.. Do you know exactly wich type of differential it is?

Sorry for my english.. I do my best but im not very good..

#5 ·
TTB front axle in F350's between '80 and '85, I believe.

It really depends on what they have available where you live.

#6 ·
If you are looking for a front Dana 44 and rear 9 inch from the same vehicle then you are looking for a 1976-1979 ford F150. The most popular of those being the 1976 as it has removeable wedges thus easily convertable to leaf springs or a 4 link setup.

If you go with an F350 you have automatically stepped up to 8 lug axles. You will most likely have a Sterling 10.25 in the rear and a Dana 60 in the front. I would say the 38" tires are minimum for these axles.

What kind of terrain do you deal with? Rocks? Mud?

If you are mostly trails and mud with no rocks then I would suggest staying with the Dana 44 and 9 inch as you will have more ground clearence and less overall weight. However, if you do alot of rocks and hard climbing it would be a good idea to get the extra strength of the front Dana 60.

Hope this helps!

#9 ·
Again, I'm pretty sure 1980 had a TTB front end, not a D60...

#8 ·
No problem, happy wheeling!

#10 · (Edited)
F250 had TTb, F350 had Dana 60.

They never made a F350 with a TTB front end

Here is a 1982 F350:

Note the Dana 60 :smokin:

edit * this MAY be an F250 in the pictures as I think I see a TTB drop bracket but the article was raving over the front Dana 60 in this truck so it's either a case of 4wheeler mistaking a TTB Dana 50 for a Dana 60 or the picture is slightly decieving and it is in fact a straight axle as it should be.

The F250's were TTB all the way up to 1997 though.

#12 · (Edited)
F250 had TTb, F350 had Dana 60.

They never made a F350 with a TTB front end
Yes they did! Any 80-84 (or 85 maybe) F350 for USA or Canada use left the factory with a TTB front axle. It may have been different for exports, but domestic F350s were TTB.

If the '82 in your picture truly has a straight axle Dana 60 (looks like TTB to me), someone else swapped it in.

#11 ·
..Pretty sure you're wrong. I don't know that you couldn't upgrade to a D60, but I'm fairly confident that at least most 80-86 F350's were Dana 50 TTB..

#13 ·
this thread popped up on a google image search i was doing, but just to clarify;

1980-1985.5'' f350's were ttb d50 fronts, regardless of where they were made, they started back with d60 fronts mid year 85''.

oh, and i doubt it matters with this old thread, but the rear axle in an 80 f350 would be a d60 or d70. sterlings didn't hit the scene till like 1987ish.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.