Pirate 4x4 banner

Bought my first JEEP. 2000 Cherokee with yj sprung front. (pics asap)

1K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  4xWhore 
#1 · (Edited)
Been eyeing this thing for a few months now (before it was for sale), met the previous owner at a local surf spot and asked if he was willing to sell it to a friend of mine who at the time wanted it. Long story short my friend didnt get it, seen it up for sale a few days ago for 4900 then 4000 obo. Had to get it. Paid $3000. Great deal even with some of the cons if you ask me.

It used to be automatic and 4cyl. It was 5spd swapped then in went the inline 6. It was converted to a leaf sprung front end (d30) with yjs (and obviously all the small stuff like ext brake lines..etc), stock gearing, locked up front, upgraded exhaust system (might have headers, not sure yet), not sure the brand or model of the shocks yet, heavily and unevenly worn 31x10.50 xterrains on 15" steelies, tint all around, pws, ac, power everything, front tube bumper, some kind of aftermarket flares that were cut shorter than they were originally. Thats about it.

Cons - some body damage from wheeling on passenger front door and rear quarter panel and misc scratches and dents spread out throughout the vehicle. missing end caps for rear bumper, has death wobble at 50mph because of the tires???. rear wiper doesnt work or isnt connected?, same with reverse lights. rear hatch struts need replacing. headliner needs to be redone. 2 small rust holes. rockers need some attention (minor cracks and rusting). oil pan and valve cover gaskets need replacing. still has auto cluster and auto console. and the most irratating thing to me right now besides the wobble is the ac/fan only blows if the switch is on 4 and 90% of the time it will only come out from the defrost vents, it blows cold and shit, its ac! but it only being able to run full blast at the windshield gets to me.

Main things i want to know is what could be causing the wobble if its not the tires? And whats up with the blower/vents or whatever it is? Im hoping the wobble will dissapear after i replace the tires with some new or like new ones, if not then that fucken sucks. But as far as the switch/blower/vents i have no idea!!!

See less See more
#2 ·
Welcome, It's time for you to meet your new best friend, the search button... It's located in the top right corner of each sub-forum and when asked can answer probably 99% of your questions.

Like say you searched for "wobble", then this thread would likely be in the results.
http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=932212&highlight=

And I have to ask, what :homer: would go through the trouble of a leaf conversion, for a disconnect D30?:laughing:

#4 ·
Trust me I know my buddy search real well, and how harsh pirate can be. Made this thread as more of a introduction/new to jeep kinda thing more than a "how" thread. I already searched, just felt like throwin it out there.

As for the trouble of the swap and d30, im just as baffled as you are. Not a biggie though, wont we wheelin it hard. It needs to stay dependable, daily driver.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.