revolver shackles front and rear difference?? - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Brand Specific Tech > Jeep - Non Hardcore
Notices

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-05-2011, 07:39 AM   #1 (permalink)

Member # 157515
revolver shackles front and rear difference??

I have front revolver shackles on my Yj now. I want to put these on the rear but quadratec lists different part numbers for the rear revovlers, but looking at the pictures thay appear to be identicle. Anyone know if the front revolvers will work on the rear?
leadsled01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 10:05 AM   #2 (permalink)

Member # 40587
Fine I will be the bad guy....

Revolver shackles are death trap pieces of shit. They don't work on the rear any better then they do on the front but if I'm not mistaken they are identical.

Do yourself and everybody else around you a favor and cut those Revolvers down and turn them into shock tabs or something.

Sorry for not giving you an answer you were probably looking for, but you didn't get any replys because those things are hated like the plague on this board.

Best of luck to you.
[QUOTE=Dieselmh]I'll cave his fucking head in with a shovel, just to show him that just because he has opposable thumbs, that doesn't put him on the same badassedness level as humans. Stupid arrogant possums. :shaking:[/QUOTE]
The Black Sheep is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-05-2011, 10:23 AM   #3 (permalink)

Member # 16505
Send a message via AIM to 92 Green YJ Send a message via Yahoo to 92 Green YJ
And now from someone who has been running them front and rear on his YJ for years without any issues and is still very much alive thank you.

I also don't think there really is any physical difference between the front and rear revolvers. both pairs look the same to me on my YJ
Old 07-05-2011, 11:19 AM   #4 (permalink)

Member # 157515
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Black Sheep View Post
Fine I will be the bad guy....

Revolver shackles are death trap pieces of shit. They don't work on the rear any better then they do on the front but if I'm not mistaken they are identical.

Do yourself and everybody else around you a favor and cut those Revolvers down and turn them into shock tabs or something.

Sorry for not giving you an answer you were probably looking for, but you didn't get any replys because those things are hated like the plague on this board.

Best of luck to you.
I know the deal man!!! I have been using revolvers for 2 years with no problems. Just changed from soa to sua rear and would like alittle more droop. If they are identicle and interchangable then why in the hell would quadratec list 2 different part numbers. By the way ,your playing the bad guy very well, maybe even get a fuckkin grammy or something.
Old 07-05-2011, 01:44 PM   #5 (permalink)
Wheeler

Member # 186901
I can't see them being that much different. YJ springs are the same width front and rear. I guess worst case just fab a little.
Old 07-05-2011, 02:29 PM   #6 (permalink)

Member # 40587
*Edit* I figured it out. Its because of the rear frame rail on YJs, if you have a shackle that runs too flat due to longer springs or run a military wrap spring then the main eye will hit the frame under compression. Undoutedly the rear YJ revolver is different to work correctly with the rear frame rails.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92 Green YJ View Post
And now from someone who has been running them front and rear on his YJ for years without any issues and is still very much alive thank you.

I also don't think there really is any physical difference between the front and rear revolvers. both pairs look the same to me on my YJ
You are in the extreme minorty, like the .01% minority. You also have to wheel your rig to see why they suck, not bumble down fire roads or go for broke on the RTI ramp. They suck going fast, they suck going slow, they suck on side hills, they suck going down steep inclines or up steep inclines, they do nothing to help axle wrap, they do nothing to aid traction. The only thing they are good for is uncontrolled droop which means bigger scores and bragging rights during RTI competitions. They were a cheap fix when the whole huge flex fad was going on and everybody wanted huge wheel travel, without spending the money on a good suspension, and at the cost of safety and performance. They suck, they are dangerous. It's not even arguable except here in this thread in the JU infested web-wheeling, mall crawling, Non-hardcore forum of Pirate4x4.

If you are trolling me then congrats, I took the bait. If not I would back away from arguing any merit those pieces of garbage have in this thread or any other, otherwise the mob will be in this thread, flame throws and napalm at the ready.
[QUOTE=Dieselmh]I'll cave his fucking head in with a shovel, just to show him that just because he has opposable thumbs, that doesn't put him on the same badassedness level as humans. Stupid arrogant possums. :shaking:[/QUOTE]

Last edited by The Black Sheep; 07-05-2011 at 02:43 PM.
The Black Sheep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 04:57 PM   #7 (permalink)
Wheeler

Member # 186901
[QUOTE=

You are in the extreme minorty, like the .01% minority. You also have to wheel your rig to see why they suck, not bumble down fire roads or go for broke on the RTI ramp. They suck going fast, they suck going slow, they suck on side hills, they suck going down steep inclines or up steep inclines, they do nothing to help axle wrap, they do nothing to aid traction. The only thing they are good for is uncontrolled droop which means bigger scores and bragging rights during RTI competitions. They were a cheap fix when the whole huge flex fad was going on and everybody wanted huge wheel travel, without spending the money on a good suspension, and at the cost of safety and performance. They suck, they are dangerous. It's not even arguable except here in this thread in the JU infested web-wheeling, mall crawling, Non-hardcore forum of Pirate4x4.

If you are trolling me then congrats, I took the bait. If not I would back away from arguing any merit those pieces of garbage have in this thread or any other, otherwise the mob will be in this thread, flame throws and napalm at the ready.[/QUOTE]

This is so true, but I think it's all personal preference.
Old 07-06-2011, 04:25 AM   #8 (permalink)

Member # 157515
[QUOTE=The Black Sheep;13086260]*Edit* I figured it out. Its because of the rear frame rail on YJs, if you have a shackle that runs too flat due to longer springs or run a military wrap spring then the main eye will hit the frame under compression. Undoutedly the rear YJ revolver is different to work correctly with the rear frame rails.

Thats what I need. Thanks man....
Old 07-06-2011, 07:44 AM   #9 (permalink)

Member # 96466
Quote:
Originally Posted by 92 Green YJ View Post

This is not the reflection we want of local OB crawlers. I sure hope ur not the green jeep up the hill on Newport or Santa Monica Ave...
Old 07-06-2011, 09:22 AM   #10 (permalink)

Member # 16505
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Black Sheep View Post
*Edit* I figured it out. Its because of the rear frame rail on YJs, if you have a shackle that runs too flat due to longer springs or run a military wrap spring then the main eye will hit the frame under compression. Undoutedly the rear YJ revolver is different to work correctly with the rear frame rails.

If you are trolling me then congrats, I took the bait. If not I would back away from arguing any merit those pieces of garbage have in this thread or any other, otherwise the mob will be in this thread, flame throws and napalm at the ready.
lol. Fire roads. I've never driven those. I wheel my YJ and I wheel it hard. Climbs, descents, rocks, sand, fast, slow. Again, for me they have worked well and have never caused me any problems. I have not experienced the instant unloading that so many people seem to have done and I have taken it down Heart Attack hill with revolvers front and rear, didnt have any issues there. Its been up and down phone booth hill in Truckhaven from both sides numerous times without any incidents, same thing in the notches. I don't have any complaints with the Revolvers. Are they the best thing since sliced bread? No, probably not. But they arent the pure evil thing that everyone makes them out to be.

Flame Suit on.
Old 07-06-2011, 09:24 AM   #11 (permalink)

Member # 16505
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaysinDesignz View Post
This is not the reflection we want of local OB crawlers. I sure hope ur not the green jeep up the hill on Newport or Santa Monica Ave...
Nope, im the green YJ on Del Monte. (well green, black, and primer at the moment. doing a major rework on her at the moment in prep for a new paint job. then I'll have to change my user name cause it wont be green anymore)

I've seen that one though, its funny cause I was originally gonna paint my YJ that color too, but its too common these days.