Pirate 4x4 banner

CJ7 half cab on a commando?

4K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  CSP 
#1 ·
Will it work?...I cant find any information..Im guessing the windshields are too different to make it fit properly..The roll bar part looks identical, but I cant tell by the front from internet pictures..Anybody know 100% if it works?

Thanks.

#6 ·
You sure, the scrambler top doesn't go around the CJ rollbar, it has a rollbar completely outside the cab. The window isn't right either. Looks like they based it on a scrambler top but made it to accomodate a stock rollbar. I like it.

But, will it fit a Commando?
Dunno, doubtful.
Travis..

#8 ·
That is definitely NOT a stock CJ-8 top. The window is wrong, the roll bar indentation is wrong, and the bulkhead is wrong. Sure, a stock top could have been cut and a new rear created, but why not use the CJ-8 window then? My money says it's a modified 7 top.

Dunno if it'll work on a Commando.

#10 · (Edited)
Yeah..I didnt think about the height..I bet your right though, its probably too tall...I was thinking the windshield is way off too...The guy only wanted $200 for it, but I dont think it will work even if its modified alittle...Sucks, would have looked cool as hell..Thanks for everyones help...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.