Kind of a Hello, and my 1955 Willys! - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Brand Specific Tech > Jeep - Willys
Notices

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-07-2012, 01:00 AM   #1 (permalink)

Member # 218222
Kind of a Hello, and my 1955 Willys!

I am 22, going through procedures to get my back fixed after an unfortunate injury. So I decided, I need something to work on and get built up so when the time is that I can be fixed again, I have a buddy to play with! Picked this up for $4500:

http://imgur.com/9j6Sn

it has a 327in chevy v8, hooker headers and flowmaster exhaust. 5 speed tranny, 9in ford rear end and a dana 44 front with shackles n suspension out of a toyota I think? Not sure. Fiberglass front clip, 31's and a wiring job done by a 5 year old. That's about it I can think of, and the extent of my knowledge! This is my introduction to 4x4ing and I want to learn as much as possible!

Things I should and should not do. Spacing issues with such a small rig. Where to get mounts for gear and spares and jerry cans and all the fun stuff! How to put jams in without somebody stealing it (I live and park it in an apartment complex, so a stereo getting stolen is a big fear!) anything else I can learn!

Hope to get well acquainted!

Last edited by SillyWilly; 05-07-2012 at 01:03 AM.
SillyWilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 05:46 AM   #2 (permalink)

Member # 202759
Location: land of 2 seasons: winter and getting ready for winter
welcome for sure! there is a large 'vendor' section here that should help with the aftermarket stuff you want. also, take a look in the 'for sale' forums that members use frequently. you can get some great deals there.
except for the wiring, sounds like your jeep has a good start with the major mods already done for you. subscribe to the Willys, Non-hardcore, and Newbie sections here and you'll probably find the answers to most of your questions with some diligent searching.
nice looking jeep. good luck with your new 'buddy'!!
strvger is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-07-2012, 07:05 AM   #3 (permalink)

Member # 9991
Congrats on the new Willys, and I can tell by looking at the front shackles it is a 55. Keep posting up your upgrades as you go, and remember:

JEEP = Just Empty Every Pocket
Old 05-07-2012, 07:31 AM   #4 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 4962
awesome--keep us posted on upgrades/repairs---also the garage section in this forum is where guys sell Willys parts----chris