Pirate 4x4 banner

Project CJ-2ubed

151K views 299 replies 136 participants last post by  46WILYZ 
#1 ·
Well, I normally don't post on Pirate, but I'll give it a try. Here's the low down. About a year ago, the shop bought a 47 Cj2-a to restore. During the restore, we bought a new tub due to the old one being too far gone. I've finished the restoration and decided to build a buggy using the old body. Luckily, we had a lot of donor parts laying around to make it a little easier. Starting with a left over JK 3.8L motor, trans, and np241. Cj tub, terra flex lower control arms, crappy old seats, etc. Bought a set of axles, 14 bolt rear, 60 front. PSC full hydro, 39.5", same ole same ole.

To set it off, being a 47, I'm going with a WW2 North Africa theme. Rat Patrol for the one's that remember the TV show. Equipped with .30 machine gun on top, and grenade shifter. Here's about 6 months of work.

First the restoration.

See less See more
#270 ·
If you had it to do over again would you do the same wheelbase? I am in the begining stages of a do-over on my flaty and am trying to pick a starting point fo WB. Love the look, how stable is it on inclines at 105" and being fairly light?

#274 ·
Thanks everyone. The 105" works great, every once in a while I'll have to take a back up, for tight turns. No bend program, too expensive, but I did just buy a frame table from the old SunRay Engineering. Going to build JK buggy this time. Adam

Heres a shot from the Palo Duro Jeep Challenge last weekend. Adam

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.