Willys Wagon spring over question - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Brand Specific Tech > Jeep - Willys
Notices

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-09-2011, 06:05 PM   #1 (permalink)

Member # 66798
Willys Wagon spring over question

Hey-
My dad just bought himself a 1962 Willys Wagon. It's pretty clean and runs good, but the PO sprung it over, but did not yet address the drag link hitting the leaf springs. Down the road, he will most likely look into putting d44s under it, but in the meantime we have been looking for a solution and I can't find anything so far. I honesly am not THAT suprised that no one makes any kind of cross over steering for a dana 27, but the other option is to lower it back down to stock height until he can afford new axles... which neither of us really want to see done as it really looks much nicer higher up and it IS going to be used for light wheeling and camping. Anyone have any ideas, point me in a direction to look? Or should we just drop it back down until he can find/afford new axles for it? We are both total noobs to Willys/jeeps. Been into Land cruiser and a little into toyota pickups, but never owned a willys or jeep before so it's all new to me.
Thanks
Ryan
Old 03-09-2011, 06:39 PM   #2 (permalink)
Wheeler

Member # 34115
Does it have a dropped pitman arm? That would be my obvious solution... Not fimiliar with willys but if one is not offered for your particular year or model it probaly would not be too hard to swap your steering box to a later CJ saginaw style. Or look up astro van steering boxes, not sure with those as I havent even researched them.
jeep_boy02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links