Joe Ross from 29 Palms is moving on - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Land Use and Trails > Johnson Valley
Notices

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-01-2010, 03:43 PM   #1 (permalink)
Pirate is KING!

Member # 12217
Joe Ross from 29 Palms is moving on

Does the following mean anything positive or negative to us?

Greetings,

Just wanted to let you know that I'm retiring, and my last day at the Combat Center will be Wed, June 09. It's finally time to say goodbye after 34 years of service with three great organizations: Forest Service, BLM, and Marine Corps. As I prepare to return to my family and home in Oregon, I want to express my sincere appreciation to each of you for your active participation and commitment to find workable solutions.

At every stop along my journey, I've seen firsthand how dedicated members of the public like you are truly making a difference. We share a vision for healthy, productive and sustainable public lands. I've also been a part of a joint vision that inspires a true spirit of teamwork within the Marine Corps, as well as a vision that invites the cooperation and partnership of our stakeholders.

Working on the Combat Center's Land Acquisition Project has been an interesting, challenging, educational, and invigorating experience that I shall always remember with pride. Despite the vigorous, controversial and often divisive public debate about such projects, I do feel optimistic that workable solutions can be found.

I'm currently advising my successor, Chris Proudfoot, in the short time ahead. I had intended to stay another 6-9 months, but a recent alignment of the sun, moon and planets indicated that now is the right time to move on.

Mr. Proudfoot can be reached at:
760-830-3764 (or 830-7683 after 14 June)
Chris.Proudfoot@usmc.mil

Personally, I have sincerely appreciated your courtesy, professionalism, involvement, outlook, creativity, collaboration, and friendship. I know that you will stay actively engaged with the Marine Corps planners and leaders. When the Draft Environmental Impact Statement is released in November, please review it carefully during the 90-day comment period. All info, maps, and updates are on the project website: http://www.marines.mil/unit/29palms/...s/default.aspx
Please contact Mr. Proudfoot for briefings to your community groups.

If you would like to join us for lunch or dinner, my staff are planning a couple events and you are invited:
** Friday June 4, 11:30 AM, Lunch on the patio at the Marine Corps Combat Center O'Club
** Friday June 11, 6 PM, Dinner at Las Palmas, 55792 29Palms Hwy, Yucca Valley. Live Mariachi Music!
If you plan to come to either event, please contact David Marks at 830-4697 so we can get an accurate count.

Finally, if you'd like to keep in touch, I'll be at 541-673-9759 or via email rossjoe@hotmail.com
As I begin this new chapter in my life and try to understand why every week now has six Saturday and one Sunday, I will be thinking of you in the Mojave Desert.

Best wishes to each of you.

Take care.
Joe

Joseph V. Ross
MAGTFTC, MCAGCC G-4
Bldg. 1554 (HQ), Room 130
P.O. Box 788104
Twentynine Palms, CA. 92278-8104
RedBullJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 08:06 AM   #2 (permalink)

Member # 128380
Perhaps Helen and Harry Baker has some insight on this as they were more in contact with Joe than anyone I know.
Sponsored Links
Old 06-04-2010, 01:43 PM   #3 (permalink)

Member # 39552
The new individual will have no personal ties to any one.
We need to watch our backs re:meg jerry ecologic they will be rooting around
trying to convince him they speak for more than just themselves.

Maybe a small contingent of true representitives should meet an greet asap.

Mike
Old 06-04-2010, 05:34 PM   #4 (permalink)
Pirate is KING!

Member # 12217
Quote:
Originally Posted by LTCJEEP View Post
The new individual will have no personal ties to any one.
We need to watch our backs re:meg jerry ecologic they will be rooting around
trying to convince him they speak for more than just themselves.

Maybe a small contingent of true representatives should meet an greet asap.

Mike
Definitely something to think about there.
RedBullJeep is offline   Reply With Quote