Rockware Buggy - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Brand Specific Tech > Land Rover
Notices

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-01-2002, 03:58 PM   #1 (permalink)

Member # 7962
Rockware Buggy

I think I just worked something out.

Anyone seen the buggy that Matt from rockware built. Its apparently been in a few arca comps and was featured in the september 2001 JP mag.

In the mag the article "The Converted" goes on about how Mat used to run a d90 and is now converted cause he had got a cj7 which has a bit of rover stuff on it (front controll arms and rear airbags)

Anyway they dont like the grill he's got on it. In the contents the artical called "Robot CJ - Not really, but the grille looks like it" and in the final summation they say "As for the grille, we would stick with the Jeep slats instead of the bug-eyed robot look."

There right, the grill treatment does look strange but since ive been putting a series IIa body on my rangie Ive worked it out.

THE GRILL IS A COPY OF A SERIES IIA

Have a look at it, Im bloody sure its a IIa grill.

What a joke!!! theres a rig in the JP MAG with a ROVER grill on it. And they always go on about as long as its got a jeep grill on it then it must be a jeep.

So this means JP featured a ROVER in there mag.

Matt is a bloody legend.
Strange Rover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2002, 10:08 PM   #2 (permalink)
CRO

Member # 7588
Sneaking in under the radar.........

I know what you mean.... I had my 1948 Willys featured in Toyota Trails a few years ago............ This is the Holy Grail to the Land cruiser Guys
I guess it helped that My Willys at the time had Toy engine ,tranny (one of the two...) and front and rear Toy axles

I have to agree with the editors of JP magazine though, The jeep grille is the real identity of the Marque

Kind of like how the series one Landy's look more distinctive with the chicken wire grilles and the headlights between the fenders
The later models with the headlights IN the front fenders just don't look as good...
Sponsored Links
Old 01-03-2002, 10:31 AM   #3 (permalink)

Member # 4101
Matt has since sold that buggie, and is building a "new and improved" comp. rig. My buddie Ed Maggofin is in the process of buying it 3rd hand...He's a devote LR owner...Has a very tricked out 90 as well.

--D
Hendrix 'X' Chassis #006
http://www.hunt4steve.com/Doug.html
RockRover is offline   Reply With Quote