How Much Herculiner for the whole Disco Interior? - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Brand Specific Tech > Land Rover
Notices

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-10-2004, 10:50 AM   #1 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 15296
How Much Herculiner for the whole Disco Interior?

Hey Guys...

How much do I need? I know that one kit covers an 8 foot bed, however I fail to recognize the correlation between that and the dimensions of the Disco

I need to go on ALL the ground with one coat, and a second coat on those technical areas (under feet)

Thanks

Nadim
DiscoDino is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2004, 10:57 AM   #2 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 15296
Kindly disregard - just found out that I cannot carry hazardous material on the plain.

Thanks anyhow.

Nadim
Sponsored Links
Old 06-10-2004, 02:03 PM   #3 (permalink)

Member # 20901
Send a message via Yahoo to androbus
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscoDino
Kindly disregard - just found out that I cannot carry hazardous material on the plain.

Thanks anyhow.

Nadim
can't you ship it???

I'm still planning on eventually doing that myself....but after finding the carpet in teh back of garage in move, now it's not sooo bad back there...

anyone actually done this to a disco yet? i know most still have their rear seats and all...but some of us never plan on letting anyone sit back there...

..remembering that herculiner "condom" that some poor explorer guy did here a couple years ago...
Old 06-10-2004, 02:23 PM   #4 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 15296
Hey,

Its hazardous material, so NO AIRPLANE shipping.

I am currently running with only the front carpet and the front 2 seats - having sold the rear 5 seats (originally a 7 seater) and the rest of the carpet. It is a necesary in my point of view. Plus all the inside panels will be replaced with Aluminum checker-plate.

Nadim
Old 06-10-2004, 02:52 PM   #5 (permalink)

Member # 20901
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscoDino
Hey,

Its hazardous material, so NO AIRPLANE shipping.

I am currently running with only the front carpet and the front 2 seats - having sold the rear 5 seats (originally a 7 seater) and the rest of the carpet. It is a necesary in my point of view. Plus all the inside panels will be replaced with Aluminum checker-plate.

Nadim
well, how else do they get paint, and other stuff there? is all by slow ship? if so...dang that sucks!

I'm also running fronts..a Sparco drivers, bit stock leather pass...I really wanted to sell off all teh leather seats to someone who could use them and buy a second sparco(damn! they are expensive!) ....someday!

Aluminum interior looks cool, until you start to get reflections in the sun...get it black anodized? or ?? hmmm! ya using the good grippy plate or teh crappy stuff americans use? there is other alternative..forget the name, but at marine stores, it's basicly black paint with grit in it! used to paint walkways etc...would keep stuff from sliding around backthere, or...had heard somewhere on internet a recipe to make your own version of herculiner....try a search on bed-liner recipe or similar.

Paul
Old 06-14-2004, 05:53 AM   #6 (permalink)

Member # 17316
The best stuff is conveyer belt material - extremelx grippy and good insulation. Either put it in as a removeable mat or glue it to the floor.

Ben.
ISUZUROVER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2004, 07:56 AM   #7 (permalink)

Member # 20901
Quote:
Originally Posted by ISUZUROVER
The best stuff is conveyer belt material - extremelx grippy and good insulation. Either put it in as a removeable mat or glue it to the floor.
that is like 1/4" thick rubber right? I had a removable matt cut to fit my ford ranger like that. was really good. shoulda kept it and cut ti fit the disco when I sold off the ranger! oops! after all it already had a bed-liner in as well...
good idea! for now I have a double layer of arpeting back there, but it sure as heck itn't grippy! things will slide if not tied down...but that will all be remied shortly
Old 06-14-2004, 08:29 PM   #8 (permalink)

Member # 9065
Send a message via AIM to madcowdungbeetle
i'm gonna line-x my interior this summer at some point.

that stuff is tough.. and nice and grippy.
madcowdungbeetle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2004, 01:46 AM   #9 (permalink)

Member # 17316
Quote:
Originally Posted by androbus
that is like 1/4" thick rubber right? I had a removable matt cut to fit my ford ranger like that. was really good. shoulda kept it and cut ti fit the disco when I sold off the ranger! oops! after all it already had a bed-liner in as well...
good idea! for now I have a double layer of arpeting back there, but it sure as heck itn't grippy! things will slide if not tied down...but that will all be remied shortly
Yep that's it. Fibre reinforcing on the underside, spiky rubber on top. Walking on it in bare feet feels like you are wearing those massaging sandals.

Ben.
ISUZUROVER is offline   Reply With Quote