Newbie help! - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Brand Specific Tech > Land Rover
Notices

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-07-2002, 07:34 AM   #1 (permalink)
IH/Rover Moderator

Member # 17
Send a message via ICQ to Old Scout
Newbie help!

OK I admit when It comes to Rovers, I'm still learning. I have had my Disco for only 6 months and my only exposure to British stuff previous to this was a Triumph Stag and my Jag XJ12L.

Fear Factory's post is most enlightening for me. This is the first time I had seen some one else's displeasure with a RTE product besides me! Most Discoweb guys give him god status. I have a bad lean and don't know why. My pass side is 3/4" lower than the driver side, and I'm not a small guy(6'1"/230). Did John over compensate on his new springs?

Is there an easy fix? Are spacers the only answer?

Quote:
Originally posted by Fear Factory
As far as springs, I had Rovertyms a while back and didn't like them at all. They weren't side specific so the drivers side always sat lower which is annoying. I threw them out and got the SG ones which I like far better. I have no experience with the latest Rovertym springs so maybe they're better. .

BUY MY BOAT
http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/misc-...e-history.html

Last edited by Old Scout; 02-07-2002 at 08:11 AM.
Old Scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2002, 01:46 PM   #2 (permalink)

Member # 4749
Send a message via AIM to Rover Addiction
Have you tried swapping the springs left to right? I know that has helped for some of my friends.

I have SG springs on my D90 and D110 and the ones on the D110 haved sagged enought to develop a noticeable lean over time. I've been meaning to swap 'em, but I've been kinda busy.

Dunno, might help on a disco though.

And yeah, I like RTE stuff, but I know that nobody is perfect. I do know that SG bumpers and sliders bend, so even the good expensive stuff isn't infallable. And yes, I know from experience and my trucks show it. If you compare the build quality and fit for the $, I think RTE gives you the best stuff for discos and Rangies. Of course, they don't do defenders, so I don't have much of their stuff.

-John
Old 02-07-2002, 02:39 PM   #3 (permalink)

Member # 9055
Old Scout, Have you called John and talked to him about it yet?
GRNRVR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2002, 04:06 PM   #4 (permalink)

Member # 9820
Send a message via AIM to RoverWrench Send a message via Yahoo to RoverWrench
Old Scout...I am not a God by any means or by my definition, so please forget that crap. My biggest asset is hearing what guys like you say. And I want to hear it as that helps me. When I first got into springs I had a bum vender, so I switched. If you are having a problem please call me as customer service is important to me to fix any problems.
Also on sliders, I made what I think was a strong slider, now out of 250 sets there have been several people who have had a problem. I am adding(changing) another strenghting pat to my slider to cure this problem. And I will do whatever I need to satisfy customers who have a problem. If I need to do it better I will, why not. It helps me and it helps you.
So, not wanting to get long winded, I read the posts and hope I can add to the posts here. But please call.

John
RoverWrench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2002, 04:41 PM   #5 (permalink)

Member # 8768
Hi John,

I called and we talked about springs about 2 weeks ago. I was just wondering if you have gotten your new shipment in yet.

I was asking for a set for my LWB with bumper/winch/roofrack combo.

Looking forward to hearing from you. I get rave reviews about the springs from lots of other people, so I am anxious!!!

Later,

Michael
Serious One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2002, 05:11 PM   #6 (permalink)

Member # 8993
I've had the RTE 2" springs on for about a month and it sits almost exactly level(OK maybe an 1/8th off). If I were to do it again I definitly would buy RTE. Anyhow I hope this aids in your quest for springtopia.
ErikS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2002, 06:32 PM   #7 (permalink)

Member # 8871
Send a message via AIM to road1will
hey OS- looks like youre busted

john, whats the ETA on your range rover rear bumpers? my dads been waiting you know

adam from massachusetts
road1will is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2002, 09:27 PM   #8 (permalink)
IH/Rover Moderator

Member # 17
Send a message via ICQ to Old Scout
John: I meant no disrespect with my god statement, you have a well earned reputation in the rover community.

I didn't want to rock the boat on the rover side when I only have 25 years of Scout knowledge vs 6 months with the Rover. My heading of I'm rover newbie should of giving you a clue of were I was coming from.

I will call you next week when my schedule will allow it.

OH yea welcome to POR!

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hey Go Patriots/MOM hardley busted I just get to cut to the chase and not have to deal with you por newbies!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

BUY MY BOAT
http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/misc-...e-history.html
Old Scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2002, 05:46 AM   #9 (permalink)

Member # 9820
Send a message via AIM to RoverWrench Send a message via Yahoo to RoverWrench
Serious One...Spring shipment being shipped to me 2/12...

GoPats...Your Pats did good this year...I am starting production on RR rear bumpers end of this coming week.

Old Scout...I know theres no disrespect, I am just blood and bones and like you still learning about these damn rovers. We got to love the challenge...I should have made my "handle" old fart. As far as being a POR addict I'm here to learn and chop jaws. I got thick skin so dont worry about anyone blasting RTE.
I will say its a relief about having a place where turning your rover into something else is ok...and I dont sell or plug products on bull boards, I am here for the bull. I certainly dont have the knowledge or experience some of you guys have...I just love the sport and the challenge. I also respect SG and RW'w products and efforts...they were here when I got here and will be here when I'm gone. So all that being said...Lets POR ty

JB-S
RoverWrench is offline   Reply With Quote