SG Flagship 90-it is for sale - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Brand Specific Tech > Land Rover
Notices

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-12-2002, 10:02 AM   #1 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 8122
SG Flagship 90-it is for sale

It's listed on the SG site...anyone know what he is asking?

Johnathan
Jtisdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2002, 10:07 AM   #2 (permalink)

Member # 4749
Send a message via AIM to Rover Addiction
I heard $50k before..

but I dunno.
Old 02-12-2002, 10:40 AM   #3 (permalink)

Member # 7183
Send a message via AIM to JMyerz
Rumor has it....

I heard either that a SG suspension caused a rollover on a mild trail in Moab, any truth?

I usually hate to bring up rumors like this, but I thought it was an interesting one.

-Justin
Old 02-12-2002, 11:16 AM   #4 (permalink)

Member # 9065
Send a message via AIM to madcowdungbeetle
Here you go:

http://www.offroadexchange.com/ARB24hours.htm
madcowdungbeetle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2002, 11:44 AM   #5 (permalink)

Member # 9448
That occurence on the hammers is ancient history. I think it was due to Greg welding the 3-link bracket onto the stock crossmember. Since this they have made replacement crossmembers that eliminate this problem. I would have thought the replacement crossmember to have been a no brainer. Many people who buy that stuff have no welder or even the skill to get a good weld on it as it's a somewhat challenging weld to put a very thick place onto a very thin crossmember.
Fear Factory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2002, 07:53 AM   #6 (permalink)

Member # 8843
Send a message via AIM to offroadr35
i bet they want a sh*tload of money for it. They were trying to sell that Ford truck for like 50 grand. They're sellin the 90 with like 5 sets of wheels/tires. I wonder if they'd part any of it out. It seems a little overkill to have 3 sets of beadlocks.
Old 02-13-2002, 08:34 AM   #7 (permalink)

Member # 4101
Re: Rumor has it....

Quote:
Originally posted by JMyerz
I heard either that a SG suspension caused a rollover on a mild trail in Moab, any truth?

I usually hate to bring up rumors like this, but I thought it was an interesting one.

-Justin
Fawkin A man.. What the heck would a suspension set up do to cause a roll-over on "mild" Moab trail? Any dick-head that has no clue what the fawk he's doin' can roll a truck on a speed-bump. I've run SG's stuff for years, and all I can say is it's the most stable and balanced bolt on suspension I've seen and worked. Get your facts first newbie and then pop off.

--D
Hendrix 'X' Chassis #006
http://www.hunt4steve.com/Doug.html
RockRover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2002, 09:02 AM   #8 (permalink)

Member # 4749
Send a message via AIM to Rover Addiction
Okie dokie, talked to Greg.. Somewhere between $75k and $100k for his D90 with all the toys and right now he's taking a list of names to choose who gets to spend that much money. Apparently, he turned down offers for more before, but he wants it to have a good home. From what he says, it's got absolutely everything on it and a whole lot of tweaks to strengthen stuff. Probably cost you that much to build yourself, but I don't know for sure.

And as far as the SG suspension causing rollover at Moab, I doubt it. It's more likely that the driver got into something they weren't ready for. Tell you what, if you don't want to take risks and possibly roll over, how about you stay in the garage!!

-John
Old 02-13-2002, 10:03 AM   #9 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 8122
The question is what is he going to build to wheel in? It would be a disappointment in my eyes for SG not to have a 90 in some form.

Johnathan
Old 02-13-2002, 10:31 AM   #10 (permalink)

Member # 9065
The rock buggy page has been updated, so I'm guessing that might be their new ride?
Old 02-13-2002, 11:18 AM   #11 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 8122
I think he is building that for the guy he bought the yellow 90 from, sure is taking a while to finish that rig!

Johnathan
Old 02-13-2002, 11:46 AM   #12 (permalink)

Member # 4101
Okay...Here's the deal for those of you not in the know...Greg was originally building the Rock 90 for a good friend of ours James Frederickson. James ran into some financial issues and had to bail on the project. Greg picked it up and now it's his.

Coincidentally Greg's current 90 was James' rig originally as well.

Greg will be wheeling his Disco at LR event's primarily, and using the Rock 90 for event's like the CC, Hammers, etc...However I'm sure it's gonna' be hard for Greg NOT to take his Rock 90 everywhere!

--D
Hendrix 'X' Chassis #006
Old 02-13-2002, 12:27 PM   #13 (permalink)

Member # 9065
So is that Disco II Kalahari Greg's new ride, or is that just something that was built for Ford?
Old 02-13-2002, 12:41 PM   #14 (permalink)

Member # 7183
Re: Re: Rumor has it....

Quote:
Originally posted by RockRover

Fawkin A man.. What the heck would a suspension set up do to cause a roll-over on "mild" Moab trail? Any dick-head that has no clue what the fawk he's doin' can roll a truck on a speed-bump. I've run SG's stuff for years, and all I can say is it's the most stable and balanced bolt on suspension I've seen and worked. Get your facts first newbie and then pop off.

--D
Like I said, it was a fawkin Rumor!

If a suspension part was not designed well and broke, then it could cause the entire suspension system to fail and thus creating some sort of accident such as a roll, regardless of driving skill.

If what happend in hammers is right, then I doubt any amount of driver skill will save you from the 3link system seperating from the brackets!

But then again, you've run SG stuff for years, so you already know this

-Justin
JMyerz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2002, 01:07 PM   #15 (permalink)

Member # 6772
I feel sorry for the person that shells out 75k for any Landrover, especially a trailer queen that has had the shit beat out of it. Hell for that kind of money I could buy a turn key 4 seat AE Sniper with a custom trailer and run any trail in the world that I wanted. I guess some people have more money than common sence.
Old 02-13-2002, 02:38 PM   #16 (permalink)

Member # 8843
i find it hard to believe that anyone would spend that much money on a D90. I know how hard it was for me to sell my highly modified D90 for 30 grand. There's NO WAY he's got an extra $70,000 into that truck. The used car market is horrible right now, especially luxury cars. Even someone with extraordinary amounts of cash to blow is going to wonder why it is more than double the price of any other defender ever sold. Good luck to them but i don't see it happening. Man, i wish i had $100,000 to spend on toys...
Old 02-14-2002, 08:02 AM   #17 (permalink)

Member # 9130
Re: Re: Rumor has it....

So have I, however my experiance and opinion of my Stage III kit is exactly opposite.

Quote:

.... I've run SG's stuff for years, and all I can say is it's the most stable and balanced bolt on suspension I've seen and worked.
--D
[QUOTE=XtremeMarine]Go embalm something, preferably yourself.[/QUOTE][/SIZE]
chrisvonc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2002, 09:54 PM   #18 (permalink)

Member # 4101
Re: Re: Re: Rumor has it....

Quote:
Originally posted by JMyerz

Like I said, it was a fawkin Rumor!

If a suspension part was not designed well and broke, then it could cause the entire suspension system to fail and thus creating some sort of accident such as a roll, regardless of driving skill.

If what happend in hammers is right, then I doubt any amount of driver skill will save you from the 3link system seperating from the brackets!

But then again, you've run SG stuff for years, so you already know this

-Justin
Sorry...Didn't mean to get personal, I guess I'm just sick and tired of hearing about how SG's suspension is soooo poorly designed that failures are gonna' start killing hundreds of innocent school kids on there way to church.

I'll I know is that I beat the crap out of my stock x-member for about 3 years before I sold it. Panic breaking, launches on to the front end, etc...That thin x-member never showed any signs of fatigue.

But still... You NEWBIE

-D
Hendrix 'X' Chassis #006
Old 02-18-2002, 02:04 PM   #19 (permalink)

Member # 8803
I've got a very well built '87 Jeep Wrangler for sale for only a measly $40k. I'll even throw in 5 extra sets of tires for that!
$100k is ridiculous for a D90. They are awesome but a very well built '97 with all the bells and whistles can be had for about 70k less and then you can go buy a really nice one year old Porsche with the money left over. Just because you are rich doesn't mean you like to just blow money.
Old 02-18-2002, 06:43 PM   #20 (permalink)

Member # 8843
don't think anyone will argue with you there.

-Steve

Quote:
Originally posted by tblackj
I've got a very well built '87 Jeep Wrangler for sale for only a measly $40k. I'll even throw in 5 extra sets of tires for that!
$100k is ridiculous for a D90. They are awesome but a very well built '97 with all the bells and whistles can be had for about 70k less and then you can go buy a really nice one year old Porsche with the money left over. Just because you are rich doesn't mean you like to just blow money.
offroadr35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2002, 10:18 PM   #21 (permalink)

Member # 7183
Re: Re: Re: Re: Rumor has it....

Quote:

Sorry...Didn't mean to get personal, I guess I'm just sick and tired of hearing about how SG's suspension is soooo poorly designed that failures are gonna' start killing hundreds of innocent school kids on there way to church.

I'll I know is that I beat the crap out of my stock x-member for about 3 years before I sold it. Panic breaking, launches on to the front end, etc...That thin x-member never showed any signs of fatigue.

But still... You NEWBIE

-D
LOL, no problem. Just trying to keep things interesting

-Justin
Old 02-19-2002, 03:28 PM   #22 (permalink)

Member # 8803
Steve,
Did you get your 90 sold? I saw it on Ebay and wanted to bid on it so bad but you wouldn't trade and I just didn't have 35k sitting around doing nothin. It was a badass rig.