My Hello - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Brand Specific Tech > Land Rover
Notices

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-11-2002, 12:32 PM   #1 (permalink)

Member # 10585
My Hello

WoW! Found a link to 4x4pirates on chicago4x4.com and figured I'd check it out...NEVER thought there would be a Land Rover section! And then I open it up and there's actually messages!! Seems you guys got yer shit together too! LOTS of nice looking trucks!!

So I'm here...24 years old, I live north of Chicago, IL and got myself a 1999 Discovery Series II 2 years ago.
Since then I've added:

Manik brushguard (because EVERY grociery getter out here has the DISCOVERY stock brush guard)

4x Hella 500 fog lights on it, cut the stock fog lights off per Kevin Collins' suggestions.

Old Man Emu Heavy Duty Diesel springs for a 3" lift

265/75 Super Swamper TSL rubbers,

Thule Roof rack system with 2 bike mounts, 2 snowboard mounts, and a 12 foot long basket with cargo net

Custom machined 3" aluminum spacer for the spare tire mount

Safari Snorkel with extended DIFF breather tubes that are glued 2 inches from the top of the snorkel and routed SUPER hidden through out the chasis

American Acoustic 680 watt amp with a Rockford Fosgate 1 farad capacitor running 2x 12" Infinity Kappa Sub in a band pass box...Music comes from my laptop playing through the tape adaptor giving me a full 16 band graphic equalizer with simulated surround sound effects and the TIGHTEST bass adjustments...or I play CDS, but the radio sucks because I have the amp mounted in the cubby bin on the passenger side which happens to be right under the window mounted antenae.

So with that...here's a few places i've been....

I can't find the one wiht the snorkel on there...but this is a nice start...

Glad I found you guys!!
SchmilK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2002, 12:54 PM   #2 (permalink)

Member # 9056
Send a message via Yahoo to RVR OVR
Hey. I am in the Chicago area, too. Drop me a line next time you are heading out, I'll do the same. We typically head to Attica, IN at the Badlands...

Tom
RVR OVR is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links