New RockStar Fab project vehicle - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Brand Specific Tech > Land Rover
Notices

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-28-2010, 07:30 AM   #1 (permalink)

Member # 99795
New RockStar Fab project vehicle

RRC offroad race truck:

80 series Land Cruiser axles, both with e-lockers:

Goals are 20" of F&R travel and keeping the weight as low as possible with the body intact.

[QUOTE=Ian Malcolm;9210743][COLOR="Red"][B]I mean, it's not your fault. They say talent skips a generation.
But hey, I'm sure your kids will be sharp as tacks.[/B][/COLOR][/QUOTE]

[SIZE="4"][B]
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
[/B][/SIZE]
Roxtar is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-28-2010, 08:27 AM   #2 (permalink)

Member # 137099
Another Rover with 80Series axles, awesome!

I'll be keeping an eye on this one!

Does the actuator for the rear locker work? Over here they all rust away, housings crumble to dust or full of crap and completely seized up. Fronts seem to be a lot better.

Good luck with the build!

Last edited by Toy-Roverlander; 06-28-2010 at 08:29 AM.
Toy-Roverlander is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Old 06-28-2010, 08:29 AM   #3 (permalink)

Member # 20394
SAWEET! We needed a build thread on here! Looking forword to it.

Thank you all for your support

Widia Cutting Tools
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sterling Autosport

PSC

Ruffstuff

Tom Woods Drive Shafts

Buckon37s is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2010, 08:37 AM   #4 (permalink)

Member # 69597
You guys and your EFFIN yellow! RAD!!!

SO will this be ready for the rally?

- gone fishin!!

- D-90 build

- Disco truggy-rip
mightymg1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-28-2010, 09:24 AM   #5 (permalink)

Member # 99795
Quote:
Originally Posted by mightymg1 View Post
You guys and your EFFIN yellow! RAD!!!
Had to look long and hard to find just the right color.
Everything is faster in yellow

Quote:
SO will this be ready for the rally?
That's the goal.

[QUOTE=Ian Malcolm;9210743][COLOR="Red"][B]I mean, it's not your fault. They say talent skips a generation.

[SIZE="4"][B]
[/B][/SIZE]
Old 06-28-2010, 09:57 AM   #6 (permalink)

Member # 20394
20 in of travel!?. You mounting on the links for go fast? That would be cool. Is it going to be a full buggy with the rangie hood or frame too?

Widia Cutting Tools

Sterling Autosport

PSC

Ruffstuff

Tom Woods Drive Shafts

Old 06-28-2010, 10:34 AM   #7 (permalink)

Member # 99795
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckon37s View Post
20 in of travel!?. You mounting on the links for go fast? That would be cool. Is it going to be a full buggy with the rangie hood or frame too?
Yes, mounting King COs to the links.

Keeping full body and frame but possibly losing the entire floor behind the front seats.
Also cut out all reinforcing steel from the doors.
Just attach body panels straight to the cage, ala trophy truck.

[SIZE="4"][B]
[/B][/SIZE]

Last edited by Roxtar; 06-28-2010 at 10:35 AM.
Old 06-28-2010, 10:38 AM   #8 (permalink)

Member # 20394
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxtar View Post
Yes, mounting King COs to the links.

Keeping full body and frame but possibly losing the entire floor behind the front seats.
Also cut out all reinforcing steel from the doors.
Just attach body panels straight to the cage, ala trophy truck.
Kings brah!

Widia Cutting Tools

Sterling Autosport

PSC

Ruffstuff

Tom Woods Drive Shafts

Old 06-28-2010, 11:18 AM   #9 (permalink)

Member # 69597
Quote:
Originally Posted by buckon37s View Post
kings brah!
yeah kings brah
Attached Images

- gone fishin!!

- D-90 build

- Disco truggy-rip
Old 06-28-2010, 11:43 AM   #10 (permalink)

Member # 20394
Quote:
yeah kings brah

Widia Cutting Tools

Sterling Autosport

PSC

Ruffstuff

Tom Woods Drive Shafts

Old 06-28-2010, 04:16 PM   #11 (permalink)

Member # 141589
williambrea is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-28-2010, 04:23 PM   #12 (permalink)

Member # 20394
WilliamBrah!!!

Widia Cutting Tools

Sterling Autosport

PSC

Ruffstuff

Tom Woods Drive Shafts

Last edited by Buckon37s; 06-28-2010 at 04:24 PM.
Old 06-28-2010, 04:25 PM   #13 (permalink)

Member # 69597
Dave your a dick I was gonna write that! BRAH!

- gone fishin!!

- D-90 build

- Disco truggy-rip
Old 06-28-2010, 04:30 PM   #14 (permalink)

Member # 69597
Brad I got your driver lined up! HES SUPER FAST!
Attached Images

- gone fishin!!

- D-90 build

- Disco truggy-rip

Last edited by mightymg1; 06-28-2010 at 04:30 PM.
Old 06-28-2010, 04:33 PM   #15 (permalink)

Member # 141589
Quote:
Brad I got your driver lined up! HES SUPER FAST!
Superfast to go down on dudes.....

Edit: On topic this truck looks like its gonna be awesome! Stop teasing us lets see this build

Last edited by williambrea; 06-28-2010 at 04:41 PM.
williambrea is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-28-2010, 05:35 PM   #16 (permalink)

Member # 20394
Quote:
Brad I got your driver lined up!
If your going to go-fast with Kings. You gotta have the proper safety gear! Brah!

Widia Cutting Tools

Sterling Autosport

PSC

Ruffstuff

Tom Woods Drive Shafts

Last edited by Buckon37s; 06-28-2010 at 05:35 PM.
Old 06-28-2010, 05:45 PM   #17 (permalink)

Member # 69597
Badass a Flatbillah helmet! .

heres your fire suit..

your ready to race now dave.....
Attached Images

- gone fishin!!

- D-90 build

- Disco truggy-rip

Last edited by mightymg1; 06-28-2010 at 05:50 PM.
Old 06-28-2010, 05:51 PM   #18 (permalink)

Member # 20394
Quote:
Badass a Flatbillah helmet! .

heres your fire suit..

your ready to race now dave.....
I got my suit, give that one to Kieth!

Widia Cutting Tools

Sterling Autosport

PSC

Ruffstuff

Tom Woods Drive Shafts

Old 06-28-2010, 06:31 PM   #19 (permalink)

Member # 87150
What class are you building it for and what series are you planning on running?

This thing has Kings bro, and it does pretty well in the desert, with far less than 20" of travel.
Old 06-28-2010, 06:53 PM   #20 (permalink)

Member # 20394
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxyedor View Post
What class are you building it for and what series are you planning on running?

This thing has Kings bro, and it does pretty well in the desert, with far less than 20" of travel.
Lol. Thats my nieghbor on the right. He helped build my cage. And that doesn't have kings, brah, there isn't a flatbill in the pic.

Widia Cutting Tools

Sterling Autosport

PSC

Ruffstuff

Tom Woods Drive Shafts

Old 06-28-2010, 07:32 PM   #21 (permalink)

Member # 87150
Dude, it's a desert race, there's a flat-biller around there somewhere. But I think the only flat-biller in our pit that race is a crazy Mexican dude who drives like a bat out of hell, and has Kings, brah.

Gerry's truck is pretty rad, actually any Rover that races is pretty rad. I'd just never want to own a racing Rover, give me a Toyota with a 4.0, TC kit, leaf springs and 3.5 5-tubes, if my race truck is going to make me piss blood, I'd like to at least go fast doing it.
Old 06-28-2010, 07:47 PM   #22 (permalink)

Member # 69597
MUCHO SWEETO!

- gone fishin!!

- D-90 build

- Disco truggy-rip
Old 06-28-2010, 08:05 PM   #23 (permalink)

Member # 20394
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxyedor View Post
Dude, it's a desert race, there's a flat-biller around there somewhere. But I think the only flat-biller in our pit that race is a crazy Mexican dude who drives like a bat out of hell, and has Kings, brah.

Gerry's truck is pretty rad, actually any Rover that races is pretty rad. I'd just never want to own a racing Rover, give me a Toyota with a 4.0, TC kit, leaf springs and 3.5 5-tubes, if my race truck is going to make me piss blood, I'd like to at least go fast doing it.
Well just have to assume that the dude on the right behind my nieghbor is a flatbiller. Otherwise, that picture in not real.

Widia Cutting Tools

Sterling Autosport

PSC

Ruffstuff

Tom Woods Drive Shafts

Old 06-29-2010, 04:13 AM   #24 (permalink)

Member # 51392
You should test the e-lockers, I was very annoyed when I found the front actuator to be bad on mine.
2000 Disco- DD when the MG is broken
1973 MGB- DD when the Disco is broken
jymmiek is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-29-2010, 12:36 PM   #25 (permalink)

Member # 15710
Isn't the proper term:
"Braddah!"

[FONT="Arial Black"][I][COLOR="Red"]"in this case your best best is to put in first, floor it and hold on"[/COLOR][/I][/FONT]
revor is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

** A VERIFICATION EMAIL IS SENT TO THIS ADDRESS TO COMPLETE REGISTRATION!! **

Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.