Help reinstate D. Greene as OHMVR Deputy Director - NOW!! - Page 2 - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum
 
Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Land Use and Trails > Land Use Issues
Notices

Reply
 
Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-18-2012, 11:42 PM   #26 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Member # 97797
Posts: 859
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeCrash View Post
So She didn't say a word OK then again how do you know she even wants the job, I'm sick of hearing I heard from a quote source, or is she having her friends speak for her?
When someone tells me something and asks to remain anonymous, I respect that request.

Ride on
Brewster
Brewster2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 01:25 AM   #27 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Member # 187383
Posts: 158
Ok now I think I understand, the issue of public officers needing to be responsible for their own actions, rather than pushing it onto their friends is being confused with people on message boards that wishe to remain anonymous. As thousands do buy the way and it only becomes an issue when some agenda is being threatened, nice try I say.

People in positions of public office need to speak for themselves, not pass the buck to others so they can live under a cloak of deny-abilty, like hey I never siad I would do that I don't even read message boards.

No as far as I am concerned whoever wants this High paying leadership job of high responsibility speaks for themselves, publish their credentials on their own and states their intentions on their own so their accountable...
OrangeCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-19-2012, 05:19 AM   #28 (permalink)
MotorsportsSolutions
 
Jeff Knoll's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Member # 13974
Location: Chaos
Posts: 4,719
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeCrash View Post
Ok now I think I understand, the issue of public officers needing to be responsible for their own actions, rather than pushing it onto their friends is being confused with people on message boards that wishe to remain anonymous. As thousands do buy the way and it only becomes an issue when some agenda is being threatened, nice try I say.

People in positions of public office need to speak for themselves, not pass the buck to others so they can live under a cloak of deny-abilty, like hey I never siad I would do that I don't even read message boards.

No as far as I am concerned whoever wants this High paying leadership job of high responsibility speaks for themselves, publish their credentials on their own and states their intentions on their own so their accountable...

That's asking too much. The game has changed since this electronic contraption connected us all, keeps a record, and makes it public.

Even our private emails are fodder down the road. I assume half the reason most of you use an alias on message boards? If its too much to use your real name drafting an opinion, how can you expect our culture to do the same? I totally expect my message board post will come back to haunt me someday.
__________________
Northern Nevada's Newest Week-long 4WD Festival,Yes Jeff is back in the Event Business!

Carrera Performance Group, LLC Off Road Solutions, from Marketing to Management
Jeff Knoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 09:50 AM   #29 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Member # 128380
Location: Huntington Beach, CA
Posts: 460
To answer the quesiton of appointments from the Gov's office, please allow me to give some insight that I've learned through the years.

Some appointments are done as an agreement directly with the candidate Gov during the campaign.

Most all other appointments are done through the Appointments Secretary ("AS").

Applications are received to this office from the public, friends of the Gov or staff, or asked for by the same. A file is made. The person looking to fill a post and has filled out an application usually has letters of support sent to the AS. This is where the person who wants the position is in "campaign mode" to get the letter for folks that the Gov might respect.

The AS sifts through them and put them into category's.

When a position comes available for a decision, the file is opened and the applications come up for further review. Usually, a background check is done and if one or more names are acceptable at this point, then the person is contacted by the AS.

The AS then usually does interview(s) of the person.

In the end, the AS makes a recommendation of on or more folks to the Gov and there is an internal decision making process. Ultimately, a decision is rendered and the position offered the person.

The whole process is very private. One who put in the application cannot see their file. The file is protected under rules and laws.

Those who would like to see Ms. Greene back should call the AS and see if they will tell them that indeed she has an application in for the position.
__________________
Partnership for Johnson Valley - A Division of CTUC
http://www.pfjv.org
aphantomduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 10:35 AM   #30 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Member # 187383
Posts: 158
Thanks DucK I understand all that my problem is it's being ran as a political campaign with miss Greene, you're out their say you have been working onna replacement OK who is it, if their is a workable replacement I'd like more information about it. If their is none available and it's all private and the Governor can just stick anywho in there then let's stop wasting time with this, at least I will see ya......
OrangeCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 02:55 PM   #31 (permalink)
Wheeler
 
UglyJeepThing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Member # 95197
Location: Clarksburg, CA
Posts: 238
Perhaps some answers...

There have been 4 people who interviewed for the position of Deputy Director, and Ms. Greene is one of those people. A number of people applied but only 4 are being considered seriously. I've heard one person is from the Department of Fish and Game and another person from the Bureau of Automotive Repair. I do know that Ms. Greene feels that many of her plans for the division were still in process, and is eager and willing to return as Deputy Director to further achieve some of those goals.

It's understandable if some of us support Daphne's past decisions more than others, I can't think of one of us that has universal acceptance for all our decisions within the OHV community. She has a great deal of support from many segments from the affiliated off-road world for her reinstatement, including sheriffs, university professors, environmental advisers, etc besides on-the-ground enthusiasts.

Daphne has also gathered an incredible staff in the division. I can't think of one division staff member who isn't dedicated to continued off-road access in California, and I know personally that many staff members work on their own time to help us achieve our goals. That loyalty and respect is earned over time, and I give both Daphne and Phil credit for this accomplishment.

Part of the push-back to Daphne's reinstatement is coming from the 'extremist' community, i.e. those who constantly sue. I'm not happy ceding my rights to determining, or influencing, the Deputy Director of the OHMVR Division to that community, or to give them that opportunity. That's why we have to stay consistently and constantly involved with the legislature.

I know Steve recommended some good areas in Southern California for purchase by the division in the past, and I don't know what happened, at this point it would be just speculation. But his disappointment as well is understandable, as I've told him myself. That is an area where we have to improve, and one of the commissioners said the very same thing at a commission meeting a little while ago.

We also need new people to apply as commissioners, which could very well become a stepping-stone to the Deputy Director's position. Please encourage all potential candidates to apply so we can have a good pool of candidates when this situation arises in the future.

Amy Granat

PS - When I first signed on to Pirate, I picked an alias that was an inside joke between my husband and I. Years ago, our Jeep graced the cover of Petersen's under the title "Last of the Ugly Jeeps". But it was never meant to obscure or hide my name - I've been Amy for over 50 years!
__________________
California Off-Road Vehicle Association
The 'kick-ass' organization fighting for your access
UglyJeepThing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 03:27 PM   #32 (permalink)
MotorsportsSolutions
 
Jeff Knoll's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Member # 13974
Location: Chaos
Posts: 4,719
Shannon Welch who works at Hammerking Productions. (King of the Hammers)
Has applied for a position on the commission, and will need those letters of support.

You miss the smiley face at the end of my statement Amy? Tongue meet cheek.
__________________
Northern Nevada's Newest Week-long 4WD Festival,Yes Jeff is back in the Event Business!

Carrera Performance Group, LLC Off Road Solutions, from Marketing to Management
Jeff Knoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 03:36 PM   #33 (permalink)
Wheeler
 
UglyJeepThing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Member # 95197
Location: Clarksburg, CA
Posts: 238
No - it was really to explain about the moniker. But if you've ever seen my jeep, you would totally understand. Ugly doesn't begin to describe it

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder?
__________________
California Off-Road Vehicle Association
The 'kick-ass' organization fighting for your access
UglyJeepThing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 04:53 PM   #34 (permalink)
MotorsportsSolutions
 
Jeff Knoll's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Member # 13974
Location: Chaos
Posts: 4,719
Quote:
Originally Posted by UglyJeepThing View Post
No - it was really to explain about the moniker. But if you've ever seen my jeep, you would totally understand. Ugly doesn't begin to describe it

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder?
My last Jeep was one of those Ugly jeeps. Best kind.
__________________
Northern Nevada's Newest Week-long 4WD Festival,Yes Jeff is back in the Event Business!

Carrera Performance Group, LLC Off Road Solutions, from Marketing to Management
Jeff Knoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 06:28 PM   #35 (permalink)
Pirate4x4 Addict!
 
cruzila's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Member # 6650
Location: Garden Valley
Posts: 5,513
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeCrash View Post
So She didn't say a word OK then again how do you know she even wants the job, I'm sick of hearing I heard from a quote source, or is she having her friends speak for her?

Is that not Lobbying ?

Some OHV people including at least one CORVA past President are not supporting this campaign why, because too much money went unspent on her watch and she needs to be held accountable for that loss, take responsibility for herself for once and explain what's going to change if she does come back.
So, it was apparent that you were fairly uneducated in the process of how someone gets to the point of consideration for an appointee position in state government. Ducky did a great job of outlining the process.

Just a few years ago, these things happened out of the public eye. Now, it is more in the eye of the public because of the instant possibilities provided by the internet.

This is a political process, let's not be unclear in that. Anything dealing with legislators and the Governor is a political process. If you dislike the way things are being handled, it is the process that needs to be discussed and changed. Go out and get a legislator to introduce legislation to change the way these people are appointed if you do not like it.

The options here are simple, support an appointment of a candidate with a proven pro OHV track record or take a risk with someone else.

Banging on the process will only end in disappointment.
__________________
Scott Johnston
Rubicon Trail Foundation
Founding Director
Past President 2010-2012
Retired Director 2004-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by resqme View Post
Punctuation eludes you.
Racer Jack tm
Almar Mfg 530-333-2496

Find us on Facebook
cruzila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 07:43 PM   #36 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Member # 187383
Posts: 158
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruzila View Post
So, it was apparent that you were fairly uneducated in the process of how someone gets to the point of consideration for an appointee position in state government. Ducky did a great job of outlining the process.

Just a few years ago, these things happened out of the public eye. Now, it is more in the eye of the public because of the instant possibilities provided by the internet.

This is a political process, let's not be unclear in that. Anything dealing with legislators and the Governor is a political process. If you dislike the way things are being handled, it is the process that needs to be discussed and changed. Go out and get a legislator to introduce legislation to change the way these people are appointed if you do not like it.

The options here are simple, support an appointment of a candidate with a proven pro OHV track record or take a risk with someone else.

Banging on the process will only end in disappointment.
Amy, you're doing a great job but someone please explain to me what a post like this is going to accomplish.
OrangeCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 07:52 PM   #37 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Member # 3975
Posts: 2,012
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeCrash View Post
Amy, you're doing a great job but someone please explain to me what a post like this is going to accomplish.
How did you get all the way back to Amy asking for an explaination???
LYIN' KING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 08:19 PM   #38 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Member # 187383
Posts: 158
Quote:
Originally Posted by LYIN' KING View Post
How did you get all the way back to Amy asking for an explaination???
Amy has better things to do, like working the OHVDC trying to get back some of the money we lost.

Ok whoever you are same question what did you think your last post was going to accomplish?????????

Last edited by OrangeCrash; 03-19-2012 at 08:26 PM.
OrangeCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 08:41 PM   #39 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Member # 3975
Posts: 2,012
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeCrash View Post
On second thought Amy has better things to, like working the OHVDC trying to get back some of the money we lost.

Ok whoever you are same question what did you think your last post was going to accomplish?????????
My name is Bob but you can call me Sir!

CORVA “Orange” and “Crash”! Fitting for what you are doing, worship of and reliance upon Amy (and Steve) for your brief cognizant moments . . . thought I heard a little Amy speak in earlier, far more coherent posts.

No offense to Amy, Steve or any CORVA member past or present of course!

Cover blown dude . . . now what?
LYIN' KING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 09:15 PM   #40 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Member # 187383
Posts: 158
Quote:
Originally Posted by LYIN' KING View Post
My name is Bob but you can call me Sir!

CORVA “Orange” and “Crash”! Fitting for what you are doing, worship of and reliance upon Amy (and Steve) for your brief cognizant moments . . . thought I heard a little Amy speak in earlier, far more coherent posts.

No offense to Amy, Steve or any CORVA member past or present of course!

Cover blown dude . . . now what?
OK Mr Bob Sir, same question again only now it applys to you're last two post........
OrangeCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 10:56 PM   #41 (permalink)
Pirate4x4 Addict!
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Member # 347
Location: Fair Oaks, CA
Posts: 10,159
Quote:
Originally Posted by UglyJeepThing View Post
Daphne has also gathered an incredible staff in the division. I can't think of one division staff member who isn't dedicated to continued off-road access in California, and I know personally that many staff members work on their own time to help us achieve our goals. That loyalty and respect is earned over time, and I give both Daphne and Phil credit for this accomplishment.
The staff -- and the improvements in the legislation and SOP -- are Daphne and Phil's best achievements, and are both gifts that will keep giving for years to come. Even if you don't like the personalities, or a few bits of the process, I don't think anyone here would argue that OHMVR has improved as an organization under Daphne and Phil.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruzila View Post
This is a political process, let's not be unclear in that. Anything dealing with legislators and the Governor is a political process. If you dislike the way things are being handled, it is the process that needs to be discussed and changed. Go out and get a legislator to introduce legislation to change the way these people are appointed if you do not like it.
Banging on the process will only end in disappointment.
I don't get to say this too many times to somebody else. You used too many words to say this, Scott -- the process in place is the process that will be used to appoint the next Deputy Director. We can not like that all we want, but it ain't changing in the time available.

FYI, there's not a lot of higher ground on two screen names each trying to 'out' the other from their respective anonymity, whilst hiding out within their own anonymity. This looks like a feedback loop of hypocrisy and irony.

Randii
Randy Burleson
volunteer, activist, donor

Last edited by randii; 03-19-2012 at 10:58 PM.
randii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 11:12 PM   #42 (permalink)
Pirate4x4 Addict!
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Member # 347
Location: Fair Oaks, CA
Posts: 10,159
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruzila View Post
The options here are simple, support an appointment of a candidate with a proven pro OHV track record or take a risk with someone else.
I like this simple summary best.

Until somebody spills the other three candidates names for me to even consider, Daphne is the candidate I support...
* anyone affiliated with the Department of No Fishing, Hunting, or Game -- they're not likely to be a friend of OHV.
* the Bureau of Automotive Repair has 30 years of history being a sucking hole of poor management -- these are the fellas that continue to make Smog Checks difficult, with ever-changing rules and regulations.
...anyone have more details? Bueller?

I'm pretty clear on this: I respect Daphne, and can't imagine a better candidate. She works incredibly well with Phil (and vice versa) and will have no ramp -- she'll be immediately effective in a way that none of the other candidates could be.

Randii
Randy Burleson
volunteer, activist, donor

Last edited by randii; 03-19-2012 at 11:18 PM. Reason: botched quote
randii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 12:11 AM   #43 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Member # 187383
Posts: 158
Call my bunch of pixels your screen what you wish, knock yourselfs out but if Dahpne wants my support on record where it matters, she's just going to get her butt out here and explain how she's going to fix the land deal issue.

PERIOD..........
OrangeCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 04:07 AM   #44 (permalink)
MotorsportsSolutions
 
Jeff Knoll's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Member # 13974
Location: Chaos
Posts: 4,719
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeCrash View Post
Call my bunch of pixels your screen what you wish, knock yourselfs out but if Dahpne wants my support on record where it matters, she's just going to get her butt out here and explain how she's going to fix the land deal issue.

PERIOD..........
Who would you rather support? Honest question no jab.
__________________
Northern Nevada's Newest Week-long 4WD Festival,Yes Jeff is back in the Event Business!

Carrera Performance Group, LLC Off Road Solutions, from Marketing to Management
Jeff Knoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 04:47 PM   #45 (permalink)
Pirate4x4 Addict!
 
cruzila's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Member # 6650
Location: Garden Valley
Posts: 5,513
Just can not make much sense of those last few posts.

Quote:
The options here are simple, support an appointment of a candidate with a proven pro OHV track record or take a risk with someone else.
__________________
Scott Johnston
Rubicon Trail Foundation
Founding Director
Past President 2010-2012
Retired Director 2004-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by resqme View Post
Punctuation eludes you.
Racer Jack tm
Almar Mfg 530-333-2496

Find us on Facebook
cruzila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 11:08 PM   #46 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Member # 187383
Posts: 158
Not so sure if the go with what you know saying is the best choice, the reason I feel so strongly about the land deal issue is without expansion of legal riding we're doomed to perish it just a matter of when not if.

What is left for us after all the process we've been thought is not going to be sustainable over time, we can't just hold the line it needs to be pushed back so however I support the requirement is the same what are you going to do to fix this problem?

As far as an X BAR person it depends on who it is yes names need to be dropped if I'm going to back any one horse, at the same time I'm not into beating dead horses. Dahpne has had all most 8 year's so I welcome the idea of a fresh horse. Also the OHMVR approach towards air quality issues has not worked in Clear Creek or Pismo, so a BAR person may be worthy of consideration, also may even help all you overcome any problems figuring out how to pass a smog check who knows.
OrangeCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 04:45 PM   #47 (permalink)
Pirate4x4 Addict!
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Member # 347
Location: Fair Oaks, CA
Posts: 10,159
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeCrash View Post
...the reason I feel so strongly about the land deal issue is without expansion of legal riding we're doomed to perish it just a matter of when not if.
I mostly agree... question is, which of the available candidates is likeliest to help that issue?

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeCrash View Post
...yes names need to be dropped...
I fully agree with this, OC.

As I understand it BAR is just the strong arm of the smog war... CARB is still the brains (if any intelligence can actually be assumed!)

Randii
randii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 12:54 PM   #48 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Member # 3975
Posts: 2,012
Lost in this whole discussion is one simple fact . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bebe View Post
What protocol do you know of would be adhered to by a douche like Brown???

Come Awn, he can do whatever he wants, however he wants.
LYIN' KING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 01:52 PM   #49 (permalink)
Pirate4x4 Addict!
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Member # 347
Location: Fair Oaks, CA
Posts: 10,159
Exceptions are always possible. The Second Coming of Brown is certainly no exception. That said, does it not make sense to do due diligence within the process, if no exception is made?

It brings to mind Occam and his shaving supplies... lex parsimoniae. In a world filled with conspiracy theorists, sometimes simple *is* better.

Beep Repaired, either way...

Randii
randii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 03:26 PM   #50 (permalink)
Pirate4x4 Addict!
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Member # 347
Location: Fair Oaks, CA
Posts: 10,159
I run the American River regularly between Sacramento and Folsom -- more often in sneakers, but also less often by water. I was on the PCA bridge yesterday and ran under the old Fair Oaks bridge this morning.

You probably still glow in the dark a little, courtesy of Aerojet, dontcha? (my glow was caused by Dow Chemical).

It is a small world, Bob.

Randii
randii is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:33 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.