Is it time for Jeep to step up? - Page 2 - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Land Use and Trails > Land Use Issues
Notices

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-05-2012, 02:29 PM   #26 (permalink)
Wentworth Wheeler

Member # 32809
[/QUOTE]

Actually, its not even so much that they should kick down money. What they really NEED to do is promote responsible land use ethics in there commercials. I think for the most part they allready do this, but instead of putting tread lightly in fine print at the bottom it should be in big bold print in the middle of the screen with jeep proudly claiming support of responsible land use. It would be nice to see jeep put out some commercials using their vehicles and touting responsible land use. On a national level that might actually help get recognition for whats going on and jeep gains some PR status to boot.

Kevo[/QUOTE]

Lets get a rubicon and a grand cherokee on the next work party and film them driving part of the trail and then all the people working on the trail, having fun, what an adventure! Maybe a father/son/daughter thing on top of it

Wentworth Wheelers
momar is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-05-2012, 02:52 PM   #27 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 6170
Exactly! And its still GOOD pr for them! I don't know why they haven't been on this from the beginning.

Kevo
Ghetto Fab. is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Old 04-05-2012, 09:36 PM   #28 (permalink)
Zombie Chick

Member # 165002
What about getting some BRC pamphlets placed in stores like Bass Pro Shops, Sportsmans Warehouse, dirt bike shops?
Old 04-05-2012, 09:37 PM   #29 (permalink)
Zombie Chick

Member # 165002
Quote:
Originally Posted by TCARP1 View Post
I just called there 1-800 number and talked to someone there, they had no clue about anything. They gave me an address to send a letter with my concerns. Then laughed when I said I could get a few thousand letters to them. We need to be loud enough with them that we can't be ignored, then go on to all the dirt bike companies, and Toyota, and Ford,Chevy, and dodge. I bet we can get at least one or two to step up. Letter generator time??
What's the address? Let's flood them with letters!
Old 04-06-2012, 01:57 AM   #30 (permalink)
Wheeler

Member # 165285
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrssillyneck View Post
Yup, let the power of pirate go to work and instead (most of us) sitting on the computer talking about doing something, lets get to work. We need to start on anything sooner rather than later.

Special thanks to Low Range Off Road!

IG: @p_hoffman1
Nixon984 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-06-2012, 02:11 AM   #31 (permalink)

Member # 210588
Actually, its not even so much that they should kick down money. What they really NEED to do is promote responsible land use ethics in there commercials. I think for the most part they allready do this, but instead of putting tread lightly in fine print at the bottom it should be in big bold print in the middle of the screen with jeep proudly claiming support of responsible land use. It would be nice to see jeep put out some commercials using their vehicles and touting responsible land use. On a national level that might actually help get recognition for whats going on and jeep gains some PR status to boot.

Kevo[/QUOTE]

Lets get a rubicon and a grand cherokee on the next work party and film them driving part of the trail and then all the people working on the trail, having fun, what an adventure! Maybe a father/son/daughter thing on top of it [/QUOTE]

Sounds like the perfect commercial opportunity for them with that. I'm in. We aren't having as severe of a problem on the east as you guys are, but the storm is brewing.
Old 04-06-2012, 09:09 AM   #32 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 6170
Yeah, whats the address?

Kevo
Old 04-06-2012, 09:54 AM   #33 (permalink)

Member # 166763
I have a near stock Rubicon Unlimited and would be willing to help out
SurfnSnow is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-06-2012, 10:10 AM   #34 (permalink)
Wentworth Wheeler

Member # 32809
sounds good to me, i have a 94 GC but i think that is too old, need something newer. Buddy has an 04, might be new enough, still just about stock.

There were some guys a few years ago filming some videos on the trail about the work FOTR does and the bandana campaigns and stuff. looked like they had some good equipment and were having a lot of fun. Anyone know who that was and whether they would be interested? Jeep would probably want to come in and re-film it themselves anyway, but we should at least show them a good sample, not a cell phone video . Otherwise i'll rent a video camera and do it, don't matter to me...

Wentworth Wheelers
momar is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-06-2012, 10:37 AM   #35 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 86691
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrssillyneck View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nixon984 View Post
Yup, let the power of pirate go to work and instead (most of us) sitting on the computer talking about doing something, lets get to work. We need to start on anything sooner rather than later.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghetto Fab. View Post
Yeah, whats the address?

Kevo
Me and Kurt are working on a way to use the letter generator to really flood them with letters, hang tight.

But if you want to send a few early, it would be interesting to see how they respond.
The address is :
P.O. Box 21-8004
Auburn Hills, Michigan 48321
Old 04-06-2012, 10:56 AM   #36 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 6170
I was thinking of mailing a letter in. Do mailed in letters get more notice?

I was also thinking of sending one to the local dealer. They could do some local area support as well as helping to push jeep to do national and state support.

Kevo
Old 04-06-2012, 11:07 AM   #37 (permalink)
Team 4554

Member # 23188
Quote:
I was thinking of mailing a letter in. Do mailed in letters get more notice?

I was also thinking of sending one to the local dealer. They could do some local area support as well as helping to push jeep to do national and state support.

Kevo
The plan is to hopefully set up the generator, have people write them online...and then we will print them out and send..

Just like we did with JV.

I will not be able to get on it until next week tho...

Our partners: Falken Tire, Vegas 4x4, CRAWL Magazine, Reid Racing, Metal Cloak, MJ Motorsports, Jessie Haines Fabrication, SFS Industries, Susanville Transmission, Pacific Fabrication, Raceline Wheels, Outlaw Grafix, The Kyburz Krawlerz, and Keith's credit card.
Kurtuleas is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-06-2012, 11:13 AM   #38 (permalink)
Team 261 - VP

Member # 31923
Jeep? They now take their lineup pictures in Walmart parking lots....probably cause there's no legal trails to drive them to anymore.

Ken Hower - KOH #1962 Close Enough Racing
Rubicon Trail Foundation - Director 2011-Present
Click Here for a calendar of Rubicon Events
Raceline Wheels and Falken Tires!! Thanks guys for sponsoring the Tacos at this Years Event!!
atvobsession is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-06-2012, 01:37 PM   #39 (permalink)
Granite Guru

Member # 83811
WOW. I didn't expect this big of a reaction. I was just throwing out an idea.

Thanks Kurt, and Carp for setting up the generator.

My Nissan
bogof is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-06-2012, 03:21 PM   #40 (permalink)
I LOOOVE ROCKS!

Member # 28602
Quote:
Originally Posted by bogof View Post
WOW. I didn't expect this big of a reaction. I was just throwing out an idea.

Thanks Kurt, and Carp for setting up the generator.
It needs to be done. This ENF closure is the straw that's broken the camel's back. We've been knocked down and kicked in the jimmy. It's time to get up, dust ourselves off, and win this fight once and for all.
RockMolester is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-09-2012, 11:16 AM   #41 (permalink)
MotorsportsSolutions

Member # 13974
Pinned down a Jeep guy at Moab, got the deer in the headlights look, but he took my card and offered to pass on the info to the "marketing department".

That's the problem, its not marketing. I am going to continue my efforts.

As far as the SXS's and MC manufactures.

I have been making an effort to organize the UTV's users under the ISA banner but it will take a lot of time, they are not ready to see the big picture yet, but we will keep on them.

Kawasaki is a big supporter of this effort.

MC Manufactures give a lot of money to off road efforts, 4 wheelers just don't see it. They are far and wide more organized then we are and more effective. They have full time staffs in DC, as well as the right people getting paid to do the work. Leading the efforts for the AMA in DC is former Senator Wayne Allard. In addition they have MIC in DC which is made up of just manufactures.

Both are working on Eldo through AMA rep Nick Harris, and AMA d36 Dave Pickett. They are completely in the game regarding JV.

Most MC manufactures work through a grant process for funding, but they do give money. Where we fall short is that most 4x4 manufactures do not give money, and when you look at Jeep, Toyota, Ford ect. They give nothing.

Tread Lightly is up in their asses about advertising campaigns that negatively effect our sport, but they don't have the strength needed to stop them from doing it. Any of you members of TL? (I am a charter member)

My advice is we need to stop going on half baked non effective campaigns, and come up with a plan of attack that can be successful. When you call them, or email them what are you actually going to ask them to do? Give money to who? for what? A plan is needed, that reaches beyond just firing off hate mail.

Jeep spent a pile of money building really cool project vehicles that where out in force at EJS running the trails, and attracting a ton of exposure. They crush those cars after 5 years. They spend the money because its a good investment.

Convince them its a good investment. Flooding emails will make them aware but will it make them react in the manner you hope for?

In short Yes Jeep needs to get in the game, but so does Toyota, Ford, MOPAR, Nissan, and GM.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxJeff Knoll is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-09-2012, 03:08 PM   #42 (permalink)

Member # 55622
Quote:

Kevo
A few months ago when jeep had the commercials of the jeeps playing in the mud and creek, I posted on their facebook about being responsible and not advocating off-trail use!
I was literally flamed on their facebook page for it. A few people who follow my posts saw it, and posted up that I fight for trails, and some of them backed off.
No word from Jeep though on my comments though.

Todd

Access Army Air Warrior
Sponsored by:
[URL="http://www.raceline.com"]Raceline Wheels[/URL],
[URL="http://www.currieenterprises.com/"]http://www.currieenterprises.com/[/URL]
BFG, ARB, Advance Adapters, Hi Lift Jack, Rocky Trail Outfitters, Camel4x4.
navy-jeepster is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-09-2012, 04:30 PM   #43 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 6170
Quote:
Originally Posted by navy-jeepster View Post
A few months ago when jeep had the commercials of the jeeps playing in the mud and creek, I posted on their facebook about being responsible and not advocating off-trail use!
I was literally flamed on their facebook page for it. A few people who follow my posts saw it, and posted up that I fight for trails, and some of them backed off.
No word from Jeep though on my comments though.

Todd
Thats interesting, from the bits of commercials I am remembering I thought they did a pretty good job, compared to the way things were back in the day.

I think the big deal with selling this idea to jeep or any manufacturer, is going to be to convincing them that it can be a win for everyone, OHV users, environmentalists, and the manufacturer. There is no way any company would help us out if they feel they would wind up on the wrong side of the environmental movement. That may take some serious convincing, although not impossible.

If we had tv ads beamed into everyones living room, that would help to change public opinion of ohv users. However, we might not be able to get manufacturers to support those ads untill public opinion has changed in our favor.

Kevo
Old 04-09-2012, 05:29 PM   #44 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 22726
Hello there, I may have an idea that is good for Jeep and BRC or some other group. You know how Harley Davidson has the HOG ( Harley owners group) start one similar. It will get jeep owners out on the trails more with chapter runs at local trails like they do on the harleys. Then have that group be closely affiliated with BRC. It would be good for jeep sales because they would appeal to people that do not have anyone to go offloading with. It will also make these people more aware of the trail dilemma that is going on. For jeep they wouldn't have to put any money out of pocket. I think it would be a good good for everyone.

Marlin Crawler fan boy.

Last edited by mannysouza; 04-09-2012 at 05:30 PM.
mannysouza is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-09-2012, 07:46 PM   #45 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 20205
Quote:
Originally Posted by momar View Post

There were some guys a few years ago filming some videos on the trail about the work FOTR does and the bandana campaigns and stuff. looked like they had some good equipment and were having a lot of fun. Anyone know who that was and whether they would be interested? Jeep would probably want to come in and re-film it themselves anyway, but we should at least show them a good sample, not a cell phone video . Otherwise i'll rent a video camera and do it, don't matter to me...

We were involved in that project. The production was done by Todd Stanley of "Deadliest Catch" fame. The project was put together by the County to promote responsible use of the Rubicon trail. Was a fun project to work on and I feel that it was for the most part, well received.

Video Link: http://www.co.el-dorado.ca.us/DeptBl...=rubicon+trail

As a side note. I sent a letter off to Chrysler. Sent through their website and also to Olivier Francois's (Chief Marketing Officer) assistant ariel.gavilan@chrysler.com. Email I sent below with the response I received from the Web Site input.

To whom it may concern. I am contacting you in regard to the Rubicon trail in the California Sierra Nevadas along with all Public Lands across the nation. As I'm sure you are aware our Public Lands across the nation are under a constant attack from the extreme environmentalists and elitist closureists. This includes but is not limited to OHV trails and roads. We are loosing more and more trails with each passing day and to this point one of the only trails left open for year round access in Eldorado county is your name sake, the famous Rubicon Trail.

We as a community work long and hard to maintain and preserve these areas to remain open for all. Countless hours are spent working and preserving the areas. People are spending their hard earned monies in donations to many organizations, such as Blue Ribbon coalition and Cal 4 Wheel drive in an effort to fight back the constant barrage of needless law suits brought on by groups such as PEER and CBD but we can only do so much. Self education and moderation have brought great strides in our community and have shown to be effective in tools for generating "Tread Lightly" awareness. Such projects as the video linked below are bringing our issues and practices to the forefront of our fight.

While I understand the sensitive nature of company policies from your stand point. I would like to emphasize that with the dwindling number of areas across the nation for OHV exploration and enjoyment the customer base you enjoy in regard to your Jeep line up of vehicles will and is dwindling right along with our Public Lands. Your flag ship Wrangler vehicle, Namely the Rubicon Model is tested yearly on this trail and brags as being "trail rated". Wonderful marketing and completely understood. Commercials illustrating vehicles running through streams and muddy meadows, while demonstrating the vehicles four wheel drive prowess may not be the best approach if after all these are the exact tools and areas the Environmentalists are using as ammunition to close access to your very customer base.

I would suggest that one possible approach could be for Jeep to work together with the OHV community on a project of some kind demonstrating not only the off highway abilities of these vehicles on the Rubicon but shown in such a light as to be seen working with families and the community hand in hand on the trail involved in one of the many projects involved with maintenance and preservation of the trial. What better vision than a stock four door JK being driven by a family of four, pulling a trailer along the trail being used to maintain and work on the trail from which it captured it's name. Jeep Rubicon working hand in hand on the Rubicon trail

We need your support just as much as you need our customer base. This can be shed in a great light and will be seen by the majority as a positive thing. Please consider my suggestions and ideas with an open mind.

Best Regards,

Tim Green (1971 Jeep CJ5, 1984 Jeep CJ7, 2011 Jeep four door JK)

Link to Video listed on Eldorado Counties website: http://www.co.el-dorado.ca.us/DeptBl...=rubicon+trail

Response:
Dear Tim:

Thank you for contacting the Chrysler Customer Assistance Center.

Thank you for your recent suggestion of an advertising or promotion
idea.

We do our best to be sensitive to the needs and expectations of
consumers and continuously look for ways to promote our products in this
context. Chrysler Group LLC cannot accept outside suggestions from
individuals and customers at this time, although we certainly appreciate
the time and effort you took to bring your idea forward.

Thanks again for your thoughtful support of Chrysler Group LLC.

Sincerely,

Kevin

Customer Service Representative
Chrysler Customer Assistance Center

For any future communications related to this email, please refer to the
following information:
REFERENCE NUMBER: 22091462
EMAIL CASE NUMBER: 2690701

Let's apply some pressure. Who knows maybe they will come around Send in those emails and letters.

More Contact Information for: Ariel (Not sure if this is the right person but hey give it a shot)
Ariel Gavilan
Office: (248) 512-3404
Cell: (248) 495-4645
Fax: (248) 512-3747
ariel.gavilan@chrysler.com

Tim.

Last edited by Curly; 04-09-2012 at 07:54 PM.
Curly is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-09-2012, 08:11 PM   #46 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 22726
Curly,
I seems to me that was a nice way of saying,
Yes they need some pressure applied to them.

Marlin Crawler fan boy.
Old 04-09-2012, 08:46 PM   #47 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 20205
In all honesty, It wasn't intended to come across like that but maybe some of my inner frustrations are coming across
Old 04-10-2012, 08:18 AM   #48 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 22726
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curly View Post
In all honesty, It wasn't intended to come across like that but maybe some of my inner frustrations are coming across
Yeah, I bet!

Too bad that they are not excepting outside ideas. I was pretty sure that they wouldn't start to get political. I'm sure that a lot of anti access people drive Jeeps. Why would they consider stepping on their own dicks?

Manny.

Marlin Crawler fan boy.
Old 04-10-2012, 10:44 PM   #49 (permalink)

Member # 172378
The only thing Jeep is going to understand is the word BOYCOTT and LOSS OF SALES.
Mad Machinist is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-11-2012, 08:49 PM   #50 (permalink)

Member # 55622
Jeep has a marketing firm produce those ad's. We need to find them and flood them with emails also.

Todd

Access Army Air Warrior
Sponsored by:
[URL="http://www.raceline.com"]Raceline Wheels[/URL],
[URL="http://www.currieenterprises.com/"]http://www.currieenterprises.com/[/URL]
BFG, ARB, Advance Adapters, Hi Lift Jack, Rocky Trail Outfitters, Camel4x4.
navy-jeepster is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

** A VERIFICATION EMAIL IS SENT TO THIS ADDRESS TO COMPLETE REGISTRATION!! **

Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.