California Motorized Recreation Council Employs Top Washington, DC Lobbyists to Help - Page 3 - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Land Use and Trails > Land Use Issues
Notices

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-20-2012, 10:18 PM   #51 (permalink)

Member # 3975
Quote:
Originally Posted by randii View Post

It is certainly easier to dismiss discussion as 'dumping' than it is to stop and consider the benefits of having an open discussion. 'Tis a shame that some organizations choose to bury their heads in the sand (I'm *not* talking about CMRC)...

It comes up in discussion about once a month... most recently, two weeks ago: http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showp...38&postcount=8 Search!

I'd rather justify donations based on good actions within our hobby than knee-jerk reaction to funding from the other side. That's how I direct my funds these days -- beyond my basic memberships. If an organization wants my money, they need to show me specific good works that affect me... don't tell me what you're gonna do, tell me what you have done recently, and how that affects me.

Randii
Nice standard response!
LYIN' KING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 06:21 AM   #52 (permalink)

Member # 187383
If the Message here is let's put CBD under the glass instead of ourselves I'm all for it, but we better have our own houses in order especially when it comes down to Joe's comments. I'm not saying he who lives in glass house don't throw stones, just remember who has all the rocks as far as Lawyers.........
OrangeCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-21-2012, 07:33 AM   #53 (permalink)
Pirate4x4 Addict!

Member # 6650
Quote:
Originally Posted by LYIN' KING View Post
It sure has become popular to question, interrogate, chastise or even attack people and groups fighting for OHV public land preservation lately.

I guess folks are looking for somewhere to dump their frustrations and the CBD doesn’t openly visit this site like our land access champions do.

Speaking of the CBD, since the trend of looking up all the non-profits form 990s has become so popular has anyone bothered to check theirs?

That vast wealth the green crew uses against us is well known but perhaps some people aren’t aware just how vast it really is.

The included link illustrates the monetary green power just one of the anti-access groups carries in black and white. This wealth came from corporations of course and approximately 1.5 million individual members. Mind you this is just the CBD . . . ONE group!!!

There are over 50 million OHV users in America and plenty of corporations that depend on us for their livelihoods. If we combined the monetary resources of every pro-access group in the entire Nation, the total would not equal that of this ONE group.

CBD 990 2010 http://207.153.189.83/EINS/850420285...0_07980530.PDF
I have been painfully aware of this for quite some time now. That is why when Karen had that article "OHV, in the money and out of control" I laughed and was kind of proud that we (the collective we) made a difference with so little money that she felt compelled to write about it.

For the questioning, our hobby/sport is filled with type A personalities and that can create conflicts on a personal level and cause problems. Not condoning it, just sayin'. Also, the "people" are not dumb. Many can see what is going on and have an opinion. Sometimes those opinions may have merit, sometimes not. The problem can lie in the response to opinion. If the opinion is acknowledged, things can go smoothly. If a conflicting opinion is put forth, a debate may occur. If an opinion is criticized for being put forth just because it is not wanted, that creates an adversarial situation.

Which one are you referring to?

Scott
Past President 2010-2012
Retired Director 2004-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by resqme View Post
Punctuation eludes you.
Racer Jack tm
Almar Mfg 530-333-2496

Find us on Facebook
cruzila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 03:19 PM   #54 (permalink)
Pirate4x4 Addict!

Member # 347
Quote:
Nice standard response!
Nice 3-word response, Bob. What SPECIFICALLY about my post made you want to ?

Was it me supporting Jeff or supporting open discussion? Was it the specific link I searched up for you? Was it my donating/volunteering philosophy in support of direct communication?

Randii
randii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 10:22 AM   #55 (permalink)

Member # 3975
Quote:
What SPECIFICALLY about my post made you want to ?
Dissection and twisting of a post that was observational into something entirely different.

The take off on use of a single word “dump” is an example as is the “ SEARCH ” over neglecting to search the site for the CBD 990 before posting.

I very much appreciate Jeff, the CMRC group efforts and understand why Jeff has chosen to better manage his time by communicating via the methods he described.
Old 04-26-2012, 12:22 PM   #56 (permalink)
Pirate4x4 Addict!

Member # 347
Quote:
Dissection and twisting of a post that was observational into something entirely different.
Not my intent, princess, but if the glass slipper fits personally or organizationally... wear it. I'm just holding the mirror... you'll see what you want.

I provided a link and smart-assed-ness, one of which is regular fare here at PBB. Then I made a funding comment in response to a funds-quantification discussion. It just doesn't seem like much of a twist.

Can we hug it out, already, Bob?

Randii
Old 04-26-2012, 01:06 PM   #57 (permalink)
flamethrower

Member # 75270
Send a message via Yahoo to Bebe
Stop it you two.
Old 04-26-2012, 01:08 PM   #58 (permalink)

Member # 3975
Quote:
Not my intent, princess, but if the glass slipper fits personally or organizationally... wear it. I'm just holding the mirror... you'll see what you want.

I provided a link and smart-assed-ness, one of which is regular fare here at PBB. Then I made a funding comment in response to a funds-quantification discussion. It just doesn't seem like much of a twist.

Can we hug it out, already, Bob?

Randii
If the intent was really to initiate a hug fest with this, the approach seems a bit counter to that goal.

Here's a BIG hug anyway . . .

(.) (.)
Old 04-26-2012, 02:05 PM   #59 (permalink)
Pirate4x4 Addict!

Member # 347
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bebe View Post
Stop it you two.
You don't want in on the slap, tickle..... and hug?

I even left out Ari Gold's trademark fourth word... h.i.o.B. -- that's downright obsequious for me, these days.

Randii

Last edited by randii; 04-26-2012 at 02:07 PM. Reason: attributed the quote