|05-07-2012, 02:30 PM||#1 (permalink)|
Join Date: Apr 2001
Member # 3975
CA-Public Comments Sought for Four Southern California National Forests
CALIFORNIA - Public Comments Sought for Proposed Land Management Plan Amendment Affecting Four Southern California National Forests
Dear BRC Action Alert Subscriber,
Forest Service officials are seeking public comments on a Proposed Amendment to the Land Management Plans for the four Southern California National Forests (the Angeles, Cleveland, Los Padres, and San Bernardino).
The Proposed Amendment would modify the existing land use zones
allocations in selected inventoried roadless areas to include more back country non-motorized and recommended wilderness areas. An alternate monitoring framework is also proposed. The full details of the proposed action can be found on the project webpage at: http://www.fs.fed.us/nepa/nepa_proje...?project=35130
This Proposed Amendment to the Land Management Plan is part of the Settlement Agreement approved January 3, 2011, in the case of California Resources Agency, et al vs. United States Department of Agriculture, and Center for Biological Diversity, et al vs. United States Department of Agriculture.
The four national forests will be hosting multiple open houses during the 45-day scoping period that began April 27.
The content and format of each meeting will be identical; however each forest will be presenting information specific to what the Proposed Amendment means locally. Forest Service staff officers will be available to answer questions and maps of the proposed changes will be available for viewing.
The meeting times and locations are:
• May 29, 2012, 4:00 PM to 7:00 PM, E.P. Foster Library, 651 E. Main Street, Ventura, CA 93001 (Los Padres National Forest)
• May 30, 2012, 4:00 PM to 7:00 PM, Angeles National Forest Headquarters, 701 North Santa Anita Avenue, Arcadia, CA 91006 (Angeles National Forest)
• May 31, 2012, 4:00 PM to 7:00 PM, Santa Maria Red Cross, 3030 Skyway Drive, Santa Maria, CA 93455 (Los Padres National Forest)
• May 31, 2012, 4:00 PM to 7:00 PM, Santa Clara Mojave Rivers Ranger District Office, 33708 Crown Valley Road, Acton, CA 93510 (Angeles National Forest)
• May 31, 2012, 4:00 PM to 7:00 PM, San Bernardino National Forest Headquarters, 602 S. Tippecanoe Ave., San Bernardino, CA 92408 (San Bernardino National Forest)
• May 31, 2012, 4:00 PM to 7:00 PM, Palomar Ranger District Office, 1634 Black Canyon Road, Ramona, CA 92065 (Cleveland National Forest)
• June 1, 2012, 1:00 PM to 4 PM, Frazier Park Library, 3732 Park Drive, Frazier Park, CA 93225 (Los Padres National Forest)
• June 5, 2012, 4:00 PM to 7:00 PM, Descanso Ranger District office, 3348 Alpine Blvd, Alpine, CA 91901 (Cleveland National Forest)
• June 5, 2012, 4:00 PM to 7:00 PM, Trabuco Ranger District office, 1147 E. 6th Street, Corona, CA 92879 (Cleveland National Forest)
The public is encouraged to participate in the process. Comments should be received within 45-day comment period which ends on Monday June 11, 2012.
Send written comments to:
Cleveland National Forest
ATTN: LMP Amendment
10845 Rancho Bernardo Road, Suite 200
San Diego, CA 92127-2107
Comments may be sent via e-mail to email@example.com, or filed through the project web page at http://www.fs.fed.us/nepa/nepa_proje...?project=35130
For further information, contact Project Manager Bob Hawkins at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the project website at http://www.fs.fed.us/nepa/fs-usda-pop.php?project=35130.
Thanks in advance and, as always, if you have any questions or concerns, please contact BRC.
Public Lands Department Manager
208-237-1008 ext 107