Please take a minute and read - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Land Use and Trails > Land Use Issues
Notices

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-01-2012, 02:09 PM   #1 (permalink)

Member # 110052
Please take a minute and read

Something to be taken seriously, This small piece of language in a junk bill could change everything we do on public lands and every resource we use in every day life will have to be imported from other countries

http://www.sleepybearmining.com/gov-...aw-desert.html
Old 09-01-2012, 07:42 PM   #2 (permalink)

Member # 3975
December 21, 2012 will save us from this, no worries!
LYIN' KING is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Old 09-02-2012, 11:44 PM   #3 (permalink)

Member # 148059
Done... This hits close to home, as I am an open pit miner.
Stonebone is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-03-2012, 08:59 PM   #4 (permalink)

Member # 104582
Quote:
Originally Posted by LYIN' KING View Post
December 21, 2012 will save us from this, no worries!

so what happens Dec 12??
Old 09-03-2012, 09:37 PM   #5 (permalink)

Member # 199022
Funny S#it… Seriously, don’t we have enough to do without wasting our time with BS like this? There are so many holes in this story, I could drive my jeep through it and not take off any paint. I took a few minutes and read the documents this guy linked to and none of his story makes sense.

First off, the “Bill” this article refers to is not a bill at all. It’s Salazar’s budget request to congress for the Department of the Interior from February 2012. Budget request… He doesn’t get to make the budget, Congress does and so far they haven’t passed a budget for 2013. The House passed a continuing resolution that will fund the government at 2012 levels until March 2013. The Senate is expected to pass the same thing when they get back to Washington. Even Harry Reid doesn’t want to argue about a budget at election time.

Second, if you read Salazar’s budget request, there is absolutely nothing about “taking our public lands out of the 1800’s mining law” and selling it to the Chinese. Not sure how much mine gas this guy has been breathing, but there is no way you could possibly read that in the document he provided. What it said was that Obama would submit a proposal to Congress to change the way they charge for mineral leases. Every administration says something like this every year and nothing has ever happened. And it never will. Congress is the only ones that can change the mining laws and they haven’t shown that they are interested in doing that.

Third, after the elections in November we will have a new Congress. They are always sworn in the first week in January. They will hardly be a “Lame Duck Congress” on January 17th. So apparently this guy doesn’t know anything about elections or own a calendar. F-ing amazing…

OK… Rant off…
Acme Off-road is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-03-2012, 09:54 PM   #6 (permalink)

Member # 148059
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acme Off-road View Post
Funny S#it… Seriously, don’t we have enough to do without wasting our time with BS like this? There are so many holes in this story, I could drive my jeep through it and not take off any paint. I took a few minutes and read the documents this guy linked to and none of his story makes sense.

First off, the “Bill” this article refers to is not a bill at all. It’s Salazar’s budget request to congress for the Department of the Interior from February 2012. Budget request… He doesn’t get to make the budget, Congress does and so far they haven’t passed a budget for 2013. The House passed a continuing resolution that will fund the government at 2012 levels until March 2013. The Senate is expected to pass the same thing when they get back to Washington. Even Harry Reid doesn’t want to argue about a budget at election time.

Second, if you read Salazar’s budget request, there is absolutely nothing about “taking our public lands out of the 1800’s mining law” and selling it to the Chinese. Not sure how much mine gas this guy has been breathing, but there is no way you could possibly read that in the document he provided. What it said was that Obama would submit a proposal to Congress to change the way they charge for mineral leases. Every administration says something like this every year and nothing has ever happened. And it never will. Congress is the only ones that can change the mining laws and they haven’t shown that they are interested in doing that.

Third, after the elections in November we will have a new Congress. They are always sworn in the first week in January. They will hardly be a “Lame Duck Congress” on January 17th. So apparently this guy doesn’t know anything about elections or own a calendar. F-ing amazing…

OK… Rant off…
O.K. although I realize that you may be a plant, put here to calm the masses, I am going to let myself buy into your logic for now.

Tonight I will peel off one layer of foil, and hope for the best as I further look into this matter.
Stonebone is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-04-2012, 12:14 PM   #7 (permalink)

Member # 3975
Might just be me, but the following sounds like this Husband and Wife team doesn't think much of pit miners . . .

Quote:
Someone says, "I have been mining all my life". When in reality he has been operating heavy equipment for a company in a pit and a) Knows nothing about the laws that pertain to mining. b) 14 plus agencies worth of laws to know. c) How to financially figure out the best way to go instead of just spending someones money just because its there.
I have to ask myself why this small company is the only one airing this information out?

One would think the Fortune 500 Mining Companies and others much larger than Sleepy Bear would be all over this with their army of Attorneys and the Lobbyists hired to keep their ears to the ground.

Sleepy Bear mentions "Martori Mining Enterprises" as being a big mover and shaker . . . try doing a search for them! They are licensed in A General Engineering Contractor. The license number is 510033.

Perhaps they all made Sleepy Bear the sacrificial lamb and leaked it to them alone for distribution?

Ladies and gentlemen welcome to the disclaimer, that's right, the disclaimer. This American apple pie institution known as parental discretion will cleanse any sense of innuendo or sarcasm from this post and will also insult your intelligence at the same time. So protect yourself. This post contains explicit depictions of things that are real. These real things are commonly known as life. So, if it sounds sarcastic, don't take it seriously. If it sounds dangerous, do not try it at home or at all. And if it offends you, just don't read it!
LYIN' KING is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-04-2012, 06:03 PM   #8 (permalink)

Member # 172378
Considering the fact that i work for one of the largest mining companies in the world and have heard nothing on this, I am going to call bunk.

But I will be watching the most unlawful administration in history just to see what the new level of stupidity is going to be.
Mad Machinist is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

** A VERIFICATION EMAIL IS SENT TO THIS ADDRESS TO COMPLETE REGISTRATION!! **

Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.