Property Owners and RS2477 - Page 4 - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Land Use and Trails > Land Use Issues
Notices

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-03-2004, 09:28 PM   #76 (permalink)

Member # 38888
Quote:
Originally Posted by vb
itll come back around perty quick and i can still go move your illegal obstructions at any time and i will not be breaking any laws.
If you do not think you would be breaking any laws, I suggest that you call the Boulder County Sheriff (303) 441-4444 and let them know before you do this.

I can assure you that you will be charged with criminal trespass and more if you attempt to do what you are threatening to do.
Bat Guano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2004, 09:38 PM   #77 (permalink)
vb

Member # 15547
i dont see a threat here at all. but nice try. and i talk with the sheriffs office often. you might think about what would happen if you tryed to press any charges against me. itll back fire on ya. think hard dude. think real hard.
id welcome that! might be worth doin , eh?

are you being sure to get all this copied?
and what exactly is " and more"?

what more could there be???

Last edited by vb; 12-03-2004 at 09:41 PM.
vb is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-03-2004, 09:42 PM   #78 (permalink)

Member # 38888
Quote:
Originally Posted by vb
id welcome that! might be worth doin , eh?

are you being sure to get all this copied?
and what exactly is " and more"?

what more could there be???
Talk to the sheriff. (303) 441-4444.
Old 12-03-2004, 09:49 PM   #79 (permalink)
vb

Member # 15547
you cant read can you
Old 12-09-2004, 08:51 PM   #80 (permalink)

Member # 38888
To fellow property owners, journalists, and lawmakers who have been directed to this forum discussion regarding RS2477 and ongoing conflicts between landowners and off-road recreatioinists, much of the discussion has jumped to another thread. You can find more here:
/forum/land-use-issues/306127-hells-angels-1-formula.html
Old 12-11-2004, 07:24 PM   #81 (permalink)
vb

Member # 15547
well marky
ive got all yer junk bunched up here together for ya. hope yer imaginary friends got what they were looking for.
i have not heard from a single soul so im thinkin its all in yer head. either that or not a one of his a bit of decency.
Old 12-17-2004, 06:40 PM   #82 (permalink)

Member # 38888
Brad,

How's that sequel to your earlier article coming along? Let me know if you would like contact information for neighboring property owners, community members, former landowers, county officials, forest service employees, title company experts, historical experts, etc. I'm hoping you do your own research this time istead of relying on one person for all your information.
Old 12-18-2004, 07:01 AM   #83 (permalink)

Member # 36233
Bat Guano.....If you can't read and comprehend my post requesting that you not use my quote, how can we believe that you can understand the nuances of a title policy? BTW, the NET value of my land holdings in SW Colorado are in the mid-seven figure range. The last thing that I would do is post a location of my holdings on this forum. I have, however, extended a personal invitation to several posters to 'wheel my property after the snow melts.......

Please drop the quote and go back and edit the quote on previous posts.

After all, you want people to respect your requests not to trespass, so please respect my request not to take my quote out of context to further your questionable agenda.

Last edited by Denis4x4; 12-18-2004 at 07:08 AM.
Denis4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2004, 10:10 AM   #84 (permalink)

Member # 38888
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis4x4
Bat Guano.....If you can't read and comprehend my post requesting that you not use my quote, how can we believe that you can understand the nuances of a title policy? BTW, the NET value of my land holdings in SW Colorado are in the mid-seven figure range. The last thing that I would do is post a location of my holdings on this forum. I have, however, extended a personal invitation to several posters to 'wheel my property after the snow melts.......

Please drop the quote and go back and edit the quote on previous posts.

After all, you want people to respect your requests not to trespass, so please respect my request not to take my quote out of context to further your questionable agenda.
Two reasons:

1) I read title policies very carefully, because I care about them.
2) My title company paid for my defense, becuase I understood the contract.

If you really are a property owner and not just pretending to be one, then your seem now to agree that people need an INVITATION to wheel there. I don't blame you for not revealing the location of your property to this group (if you really are a landowner).

I'm not sure what quoting people (in context or out of context) has to do with the crime of trespassing. Are you suggesting that I am committing a crime by quoting you?
Old 12-18-2004, 10:01 PM   #85 (permalink)
Hef

Member # 11907
Send a message via AIM to Hef
Mark:

You are obviously an unwelcome pain in the ass. Find a new BB to harass. If you want to stick around here maybe you ought to start posting up pics of you and your rig. Tell us about your last wheeling trip. Share some tech with us.

I mean, come on dude. This is a 4wheeling website. It's not a treehugging, treespiking, millworkerkilling, H2burning, spottedowlsavingattheexpenseofyourfellowman website. Grow the fuck up.
Hef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2004, 10:25 PM   #86 (permalink)

Member # 11359
Barking idiot trail

Man, well I've read thorugh a bunch of these threads and all I can say is Mark whatshisname must have a lot of time on his hands. Must be great workign for the government.

How many cattle/horses/llamas are you running on your place there Mark? You call one guy out for working summers on a ranch by telling him all about how "the foreman" would make fun of him for book learnin'. The irony is striking from one who so eloquently demonstrates the arrogance and elitism of those who can afford to buy, and litigate to exclude. Educated? I think many if not most of those posting in these threads have demonstrated a far higher degree of learning, if not formalized education than you.

Me? I grew up on two acres on the edge of teh national forest, seven kids, single mom, worked in a gas station, on a grass seed farm and in the christmas tree fields growing up. Put myself through college and law school, and I even voted against Bush. But I am not with you. Not 100% in disagreement with every one of your views, but I am dead set against the way you present your views and yourself. You come across as a sleazy disingenuous person who can be trusted only to obfuscate the truth, twist words and troll for angry replies that might be used by you to suit your purposes.

This board is at once intolerant and very tolerant. Tolerant of people that have their own independent views but are willing to listen to others, and intolerant of those unwilling to learn, or who demonstrate their ignorance and failure to try to figure things out on their own. The tolerance of this board is demonstrated very well by the fact that you have not been banned.

You have obviously failed to figure a lot of things out about life.

I really don't give a rip about you or the road. I don't care if it closes or if it is open. Though I have posted here and there about what can be done to try to keep the road open to the public (I am after all a member of the puclic - can you expect anything less of me?), it will not affect me. Frankly, I think your part of the country sucks ass compared to where I live, and I plan to stay here. Its too far to travel just to see an asshole. We have plenty here. You have clearly demonstrated that you are a complete and utter fool. In addition, you have proved yourself to be an elitist prick, and generally mean spirited.

Karma is a bitch, and someday it will get you. When it does, what you have done and what you are continuing to do both on this board and with that road, will be at least a part of what causes the bad karma to come your way.

Do unto others as you would have them do to you.

I can't imagine what it must be like to work with you or have any kind of real person to person contact with you. I feel very sorry for those people (hopefully none) that you might supervise. I imagine you fit in well working for the government, since ineptitude is so easily hidden when working for the government. Hours aren't too demanding either.

I picture you as a bitter old man with few friends. I think I am fairly close to the truth. If not, someday you will be a bitter old man with few friends, if you are happen to be a bitter young man with few friends now.

But really, I don't care either way about any of this. I type fast, but typing this post has cost more energy than responding to your drivel is worth to me.

Please keep spewing crap on this board so it can be copied and used against you in the future.

And you can even reply to this post, but I won't be replying because I will not see your reply. I only came onto Land Use tonight because I was bored and there's nothing on the TV. You were quite entertaining.

Simon
Old 12-31-2004, 06:33 PM   #87 (permalink)

Member # 38888
For the record, I am very happy with the way things have turned out. I think it is usually the losers of lawsuits who get accused of being bitter. Winning in court does not lead to bitterness, I can assure you.

As for Karma, the hate speech that is directed at me from members of this forum are more than balanced by e-mails and messages I have gotten from long-time users of Barking Dog Trail who are grateful that it has now been returned to its historical condition. It is enjoyable to see the vegetation and wildlife returning. That is my Karma, and that is my joy.

Call me a tree-hugger or eco-nazi if you wish, but there is nothing that gives me more pleasure than rescuing a very special place from the ravages of the abuse that it suffered in the 1990's. I am also happy that members of the local community now can enjoy using it as a hiking trail, just like they did in the years before off-roaders trashed it by trying to turn it into a road.
Old 01-07-2005, 04:37 PM   #88 (permalink)

Member # 38888
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis4x4
BTW, the NET value of my land holdings in SW Colorado are in the mid-seven figure range. The last thing that I would do is post a location of my holdings on this forum.
Please prove it. Back up your boast with facts. Why would you not post a location on this forum? What are you afraid of?
Old 01-15-2005, 05:53 AM   #89 (permalink)

Member # 34243
Mark B. was here!

This is the useless crap that gets people banned. put it in chit chat where it belongs and stop wasting our time.

PS - Yes it was funny

Looks Mark has struck again!

Last edited by YellowSub1962; 01-15-2005 at 10:35 AM.
samuraijack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2005, 12:18 AM   #90 (permalink)

Member # 37082
you asked for an amicable solution. This was actually the excuse you used to begin this entire thread. I presented one.

Response:

Amicable solution: The first step is for the national and local offroad groups to issue policy statements that acknowledge the rights of landowners to close their property to off-road recreation. Untill private property is officially, formally, and universally acknowledged and respected by the 4x4 groups, there can be no amicable solution.

This guy thinks he really knows how to play the game! Acknowlege the righteousness of my position and the fallacy of yours unequivocally, and then we can begin to negotiate in good faith. We will be able work together effectively when you realize and proclaim to the world that I am right and you are wrong!

The characterization of this man as a lonely one with few friends is probably right on the money. Dishonest, manipulative, and with a lot of time on his hands people like him can be really dangerous if left unchecked.

Ayn Rand wrote a book called Atlas Shrugged that helped me reconize and deal with this type of person FWIW.

This WAS entertaining and I won't be checking back either.
Iminocca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2005, 03:49 PM   #91 (permalink)

Member # 34243
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bat Guano

So you're a college kid straight out of the suburbs and majoring in Environmental Biology and you show up at a ranch? Did you tell the foreman that story about how he's ruining Colorado by riding his horse? I'm sure you told him it MUST be true because you learned it from one of your perfessers. I bet the foreman quit riding his horse and bought an ATV right then!! I'm sure he thought you know a lot about it, being that you were from the University and all.
Sorry it took so long to respond to this, but Mark you act as though horses couldn't possibly create the same kind of damage that an ATV or a 4x4 could , well I beg to differ... Though I don't have a picture of a highway for this lesson, I'm sure you can picture one in your mind rather easily. Asphalt highways have some give to them and after a few years of semi's running on them, ruts will form (especially in the middle lane) from the excessive weight. Highways here in the East, aside from annual patching due to weather, are re-surfaced every five years, although the ruts get to be a bit unbearable after 2-3 years. We can all agree that the tremendous weight of the semi's, not regular passenger vehicles (which include 4x4's), is what causes this damage. In contrast to this, there is a road that runs through Central Park in NYC, that has to get re-surfaced every 2 years because of excessive wear and tear. However this wear and tear is not from semi's (they are not allowed in the park!) but from HORSES. These pictures were taken this past weekend and show ruts begin to be formed only NINE months after the last repaving!

Yes you may agrue that they are constantly trotting over the same are on a daily basis, but so too are semi's. And yes they are carry more weight (I certainly hope so!) than a horse with a single rider, but still.... The fact of the matter is that a horses tremendous weight is concentrated in a smaller area than an ATV or 4x4. As these pictures prove they can not only cause AS MUCH damage as an ATV or 4x4, THEY ACTUALLY CAUSE MORE!!
samuraijack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2005, 06:35 AM   #92 (permalink)

Member # 36233
It's a toss up as to wether horses or mountain bikes do the most trail damage.

Since I don't have a self esteem issue, I see no reason to list the location of my properties.

I yet to meet an eco-freak that couldn't resist adding their two cents to a debate similar to the one we're having here. That said, where are the rest of the tree-huggers backing up Mark that were referred to this site by him?

Finally, I feel sorry for people who can't come up with an original thought. So, I no longer have a problem with Mark using my quote out of context on every post.

As I said before, you can't match wits with an unarmed man.
Denis4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote