The OHV Rally and Protest is on...with your help. - Page 2 - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Land Use and Trails > Land Use Issues
Notices

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-12-2007, 09:47 AM   #26 (permalink)

Member # 16662
This is coming together well. I am going to print out some of the flyers and take them to all of the dirt bike/ off road shop's that I know of in the city of Sac and fill all of them in on what is going on. Maybe have them post it up on there front door's for all coming and going to see.

Kevin
Old 08-12-2007, 10:55 AM   #27 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 13482
Send a message via Yahoo to NOTPRETTY
THIS EVENT IS FULLY FUNDED!!!!

Thanks for everyone's support! Now lets get organized:

More to come.

Marlon

Passionately centerist. We're slowly being killed by the far left and far right.
NOTPRETTY is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-12-2007, 10:26 PM   #28 (permalink)

Member # 347
I recommend a simple URL... http://www.pirate4x4.com/rubicon/ has too many letters, IMHO, even though that would be how I would link (or more directly to specific places on this forum).

I suggest something more memorable to folks outside our hobby -- the folks we're aiming to inform with this protest... the campers, hunters, hikers, sportsmen, etc.

Something like:
* www.forestlockdown.com
* smokeybearhatesyou.com
* ENFlockout.com

I have the dollars, skills, and time to put together a shell site, Marlon -- just let me know what you want to call it.

Randii
randii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 10:32 PM   #29 (permalink)
Granite Guru

Member # 37309
Location: crawling between what was Robb's Resort and Pollock Pines CA
I think godaddy.com has
savetrails.net
helptrails.com
nogates.net
and more
availiable for about $9 a year

let me know what you pick... something SIMPLE... so I can order banners for the rally and update fliers. THANKS!!!

Last edited by MyBlueCruiser; 08-12-2007 at 10:38 PM.
MyBlueCruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 10:46 PM   #30 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 13482
You want me to pick...or Randi? I'm a bit confused. What is will be on the site...details about the Rally or another cause.

Passionately centerist. We're slowly being killed by the far left and far right.
Old 08-12-2007, 10:57 PM   #31 (permalink)

Member # 347
I suggest details on the rally before, and switch over at the rally for details on the impending closures, and how to comment against them.

Randii
Old 08-13-2007, 12:58 AM   #32 (permalink)

Member # 26761
Notpretty pm sent to you!!
Old 08-13-2007, 01:37 AM   #33 (permalink)
Granite Guru

Member # 37309
Quote:
Originally Posted by randii View Post
I suggest details on the rally before, and switch over at the rally for details on the impending closures, and how to comment against them.

Randii
Randii, you seem to have the right idea.. if no one else minds just run with it. as far as the website... or link to the threads on the land use forum here
. We just need some place for people to get easy to understand info.. What the hell is happening.... what to write, and who.. addresses to congressmen and forestry simple and easy to use..

I am in no place to be a leader or decision maker here its your guys turf.. we just dont have much time.. hope I dont over step my boundries here, its late Im not an ass just tired Talk it over
Old 08-13-2007, 08:41 AM   #34 (permalink)

Member # 97391
Protest Signs

What suggestions do you have for our Protest Signs !
Mac4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 08:51 AM   #35 (permalink)
Team 4554

Member # 23188
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac4 View Post
KEEP PUBLIC LANDS OPEN TO THE PUBLIC!

EL DORADO NATIONAL FOREST
Land of many uses
(Unless you drive a motorized vehicle)

Our partners: Falken Tire, Vegas 4x4, CRAWL Magazine, Reid Racing, Metal Cloak, MJ Motorsports, Jessie Haines Fabrication, SFS Industries, Susanville Transmission, Pacific Fabrication, Raceline Wheels, Outlaw Grafix, The Kyburz Krawlerz, and Keith's credit card.
Kurtuleas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 09:55 AM   #36 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 13482
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyBlueCruiser View Post
Randii, you seem to have the right idea.. if no one else minds just run with it. as far as the website... or link to the threads on the land use forum here
. We just need some place for people to get easy to understand info.. What the hell is happening.... what to write, and who.. addresses to congressmen and forestry simple and easy to use..

I am in no place to be a leader or decision maker here its your guys turf.. we just dont have much time.. hope I dont over step my boundries here, its late Im not an ass just tired Talk it over
Go...I like Randy's input!!

Old 08-13-2007, 10:02 AM   #37 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 13482
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac4 View Post
Signs... First, keep it clean. That is part of the protest plan and anyone with signs using curse words etc is not allowed. Plus, it makes us look bad. Image is a HUGE concern. We do not want to be angry at the general public...we want to inform them. We can be angry with the FS...but do it in a way the makes our point...doesn't make us look bad. Additionally, anyone making banners or signs...you have to hold them...you can't hang them. There are ordinance for signage in Placerville that do not allow you to hang a sign up without approval anywhere in the city and the includes on a parked car. No it does not make me happy, but its reality and we need to follow the rules or we look bad.

Sign Suggestions:

Keep our Access
2500 miles closed!!
Forest Service = ANTI-ACCESS!!
Your trails gone

Just off the top of my head. Add to my list.

Last edited by NOTPRETTY; 08-13-2007 at 10:03 AM.
Old 08-13-2007, 10:20 AM   #38 (permalink)

Member # 26761
check you pm we have some good news!!
Old 08-13-2007, 10:37 AM   #39 (permalink)

Member # 95197
It's been posted on Thumper Talk, and there seems to be a pretty good response - a lot of riders saying they're coming.

A couple of riders have mentioned that they're going to wear their club shirts. Maybe it's a good idea to show up in your club colors/shirts?
Old 08-13-2007, 11:07 AM   #40 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 13482
Quote:
Originally Posted by UglyJeepThing View Post
It's been posted on Thumper Talk, and there seems to be a pretty good response - a lot of riders saying they're coming.

A couple of riders have mentioned that they're going to wear their club shirts. Maybe it's a good idea to show up in your club colors/shirts?
Thanks for the support. Get the word out and ATTEND THE EVENT!!! I'm getting calls/emails as fast as I can respond to them.

Old 08-13-2007, 11:54 AM   #41 (permalink)

Member # 23189
Send a message via AIM to Ford4x4Chik27 Send a message via Yahoo to Ford4x4Chik27
Oh I'm PSYCHED! I got some friends from work goin, and they're bringing friends and friends of friends.... I'm lookin forward to this!
Old 08-13-2007, 01:10 PM   #42 (permalink)

Member # 23189
Send a message via AIM to Ford4x4Chik27 Send a message via Yahoo to Ford4x4Chik27
Brilliant... thank you!
Old 08-13-2007, 02:12 PM   #43 (permalink)

Member # 368
The Santa Cruz 4 Wheel Drive Club will participate in the OHV Rally and Protest.

We volunteer to supply water and ice (up to $100). Additionally, we will man a “water booth” from 10:30am to 2:30pm (a long commute limits our rally time).
squarewheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 02:39 PM   #44 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 13482
IMPORTANT: Statement from the Event organizer:

The saying...Image is everything...could never be more true for this event. With luck we'll have TV and newspaper coverage. It won't help if the headlines says protestors lose cool...or worse.

The structure and rules I am putting in place for this event must be strictly followed without exception. The number one rule is go to the fairgrounds first...then do exactly what we ask. The anti-access crowd would love to see this event blow up in our faces. They may even try to make that happen. Crazy?? Think again. It was done at an event at the Altamont pass. They dressed in the right close said the right things and then attempted to start a riot. Proper procedures should avoid this issue...but we have to follow them.

If anti-access people do show up on the streets (We can't stop that) and try to bate us into something we need to ignore them and focus on our effort. It will be reported to me and or the police immediately. They can't incite a riot and the police would separate them from us. I know that it is hard to contain emotions, but it takes just one picture of one person doing something stupid to ruin this event. Yes, there's risk in doing this event, but I believe I've got security measures in place to keep them out of the fairgrounds and ways to keep them out of our protest effort. All we have to do is keep our cool. I believe we can police our own...don't prove me wrong.

We can't be our own worst enemies. Using obscenities or language that makes us look stupid only hurts our cause. We have to be smart. Verbally or god forbid physically abusing anyone with a different view point during the protest does NOT help our cause and will not be tolerated. Yes, we're angry...I'm angry as hell at the coming loss of trails. But, the primary cause at this event is public awareness of the DEIS--specifically Map A and D and the loss of 2500 miles of roads and trails. The public doesn't know what is coming. If we can get the public to look at the maps and see the impact, then we will be successful.

I have significantly more structure and security measures planned then I've publicly said for the fairgrounds and our protesting locations. These measures may be a bit annoying to some, but I'm doing it for good reason. I will fully control who's protesting and when. If anyone thinks they can just show up with a sign and jump out on a street corner, that is NOT the case. The numbers at each location are limited by the Police Department and my approved protest plan. We'll be sending out that exact number. Leads will report anyone trying to jump in to me and/or the police. So, come to the fairground first and follow the rule and guidelines you'll be given so we can all have a successful and smart event.

Thanks
Marlon

Last edited by NOTPRETTY; 08-13-2007 at 03:05 PM.
Old 08-13-2007, 02:43 PM   #45 (permalink)

Member # 23189
Well stated Marlon!
Old 08-13-2007, 02:58 PM   #46 (permalink)

Member # 95047
good statement!!! You will need to have a control system in place with radios to prevent such things from occuring, from what ive seen at the forest service meetings, all 4wheelers are very passionate about having their trails taken away from us, and with that said we need to control our urges even if greenies show up, none of us want this to end up with bad press when this is supposed to show our ultimate interest
Old 08-13-2007, 03:59 PM   #47 (permalink)

Member # 5488
nicely done NotPretty...

I'll do my part to ensure everyone knows the date and the reason why.

Kudos to you for taking the initiative!
Tony TLCA #5049
Thieves suck.
TRT2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 12:05 AM   #48 (permalink)

Member # 347
I really liked smokeybearhatesyou.com but cooler heads have prevailed...

Marlon and I confabbed, and we'll be working with http://www.forestclosure.com/
This is a simple, memorable URL that we can post on banners, flyers, and etc.

This is just a shell site, give me a day or so to put together a general informational site. Much of the information will be in link form, with perhaps a few sentences to guide interested readers... I expect to link to a bunch of threads here at Pirate4x4.com.

Randii (not so friendly with Smokey the Bear or Woodsey the Owl)
Old 08-14-2007, 02:03 AM   #49 (permalink)

Member # 12557
Send a message via AIM to CaseyP Send a message via Yahoo to CaseyP
marlon...i sent you a pm...let me know
[QUOTE=ndeepoffroad;12310146]A well rounded wheeler will be prepared to prepare a delicious meal after a day of quality wheeling. Shit man errbudy know dat. :shaking:[/QUOTE]
CaseyP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 10:34 AM   #50 (permalink)
Granite Guru

Member # 37309
Quote:
Originally Posted by randii View Post
I really liked smokeybearhatesyou.com but cooler heads have prevailed...

Marlon and I confabbed, and we'll be working with http://www.forestclosure.com/
This is a simple, memorable URL that we can post on banners, flyers, and etc.

This is just a shell site, give me a day or so to put together a general informational site. Much of the information will be in link form, with perhaps a few sentences to guide interested readers... I expect to link to a bunch of threads here at Pirate4x4.com.

Randii (not so friendly with Smokey the Bear or Woodsey the Owl)
GREAT JOB! I'll be watching to see how its going... This is going to make things much easier for us.