OFFICIAL Upper Tellico "Virtual Rally" Thread - Page 32 - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Land Use and Trails > Land Use Issues
Notices

Closed Thread

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-07-2008, 05:04 PM   #776 (permalink)

Member # 49682
I've always wanted to go to Tellico some day..

Please keep Tellico open, as I'm willing to drive all the way from California to enjoy the beautiful scenery..

Thanks
Old 05-07-2008, 05:04 PM   #777 (permalink)

Member # 24435
Send a message via AIM to OverkillZJ
The closure of any area of Tellico would be an absolute shame. I'm far north, from Pittsburgh PA, and found Tellico well worth the trip down there, and would like the opportunity to do so again. Good times, good friends, great trails. It's beautiful... A few of the pics I could dig up:

Last edited by OverkillZJ; 05-07-2008 at 05:05 PM.
Sponsored Links
Old 05-07-2008, 05:04 PM   #778 (permalink)
Bewbies

Member # 25970
4x4 enthusiasts need Tellico. It is just as important as any other trail or OHV area out there. People spend alot of money to go there, meaning money goes into the economy! Please keep it open so I can take my kids there and they can take there kids there.
There are so many dicks in your scenario that I wouldn't be surprised if FatDan was pedaling his unemployed ass over to your house right now with his dick sucking bib already firmly velcroed around his neck.
Old 05-07-2008, 05:04 PM   #779 (permalink)

Member # 86685
Offroading to my family is a way to get out of the house and bring the family together. It's a challenge we can all share in the outdoors. Please keep Tellico open so generations to come can go there and experience the same thing we have experienced, the peace and quiet of the outdoors high up in the mountains, the fresh air and wildlife.
Old 05-07-2008, 05:04 PM   #780 (permalink)

Member # 55514
I have not been to Tellico as of yet, but it is a place that I plan on visiting. I am heading out to NC to visit the folks and we plan on going wheelin out there. It would be very unfortunate if we went out to spend some time with family wheelin and we were not able to. KEEP TELLICO OPEN
[SIZE="4"]SAVE THE HAMMERS[/SIZE] #500
Old 05-07-2008, 05:04 PM   #781 (permalink)

Member # 74942
me and some of my friends plan to take our dads to tellico on fathers day weekend for some good wheeling family fun. i sure hope its still open when the time comes to go.
Old 05-07-2008, 05:05 PM   #782 (permalink)

Member # 47337
gas to trailer my buggy to tellico from Fl..............$300
weeks long stay in a cabin................................$500
food for the week(bought in murphy)..................$300
look on my kids faces while out on the trail, getting to experience mother natures miracles...........PRICELESS!

We make 3-4 trips to tellico a year(its the only ORV other than Morris Mtn. that the wife and kids like due to the natural beauty there.. )These trips are more than a mini vaction for me and my family, they are quality family time, that will form memories that will last a lifetime. It brings us all together, and gives our children something to do, as I would much rather them be out wheeling and doing something legal, and having fun, then over at someones house smoking dope b/c they have nothing better to do.
Old 05-07-2008, 05:05 PM   #783 (permalink)

Member # 113655
Do not close Tellico!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-07-2008, 05:05 PM   #784 (permalink)
a2b

Member # 22547
please save Tellico!

although i haver never been there, i have been planning on coming there with my family to go trail riding. i know its one of the best places in america to go. its absolutely a beautiful place to go and i would really hate it if it were shut down. having a place like Tellico to go and camp with my family means alot to me and i would hate to have that taken away.

sincerely, -hobie smith
Old 05-07-2008, 05:06 PM   #785 (permalink)

Member # 29527
It is important to keep as many places as possible open in which we can enjoy the sport/hobby of 4-wheeling. I have never been to Tellico, but would absolutely love to visit at some point in the future.
Old 05-07-2008, 05:06 PM   #786 (permalink)
JWS

Member # 23023
Definitely a place I wish to visit.

Please keep Tellico open for present and future OHV’er.

-Wes
Old 05-07-2008, 05:06 PM   #787 (permalink)

Member # 50657
Send a message via MSN to bearfoot_25
Ive never been to tellico to ride the trails but i had it planned in the very near future for me and my family to go. It would be a great shame If this area were to be closed to O.H.V's.
Old 05-07-2008, 05:06 PM   #788 (permalink)

Member # 20548
I am writing to show my strong support for Upper Tellico.

I think it is about time that Americans are finally able to determine what happens to our public land. Too many eastern politicians think they have the right to dictate how we can, or in most cases can't, use our land!

Living in Moab, I've been very attentive to the recent RMPs being conducted in 6 Utah BLM field offices, and I've noted a very disturbing trend in the "non-wilderness area with wilderness characteristics" ideology. Either it's Wilderness or it's not. In the 1964 Wilderness Act it states, "Each recommendation of the President for designation as 'wilderness' shall
become effective only if so provided by an Act of Congress.", yet BLM is establishing pseudo-wilderness which are managed exactly as if they were already Wilderness. This is illegal and should be halted immediately! Let the public use public lands, don't allow any more to become inaccessible.

Thank you,

David Adams
Moab, UT 84532

Red Rock 4 Wheelers Land Use Officer
Moab Friends for Wheelin'
United Four Wheel Drive Association
Utah 4-Wheel Drive Association
Blue Ribbon Coalition
Utah Shared Access - Alliance
Utah Trail Patrol - Moab Unit
Tread Lightly! - Certified trainer
Americans for Responsible Recreational Access
Old 05-07-2008, 05:06 PM   #789 (permalink)

Member # 14451
Keep Tellico open for all to enjoy.
Save Tellico Rally Post #75

Rock Solid Racing, LLC

coming soon...

Sponsors:

Offroad Outfitters, Transportation Network Systems, Yukon Axle & Gear, Mild 2 Wild 4x4 Customs... more to come
Old 05-07-2008, 05:07 PM   #790 (permalink)

Member # 36367
Like many I have not had the chance to visit Tellico yet, however as wheeling spots on the East Coast are slowly disappearing it's a shame to add another to the list. I look forward to many trips and memories made at Tellico in the future.
Old 05-07-2008, 05:07 PM   #791 (permalink)

Member # 41789
I to would like the chance to make it there someday and hopefully take my children there also.
Old 05-07-2008, 05:07 PM   #792 (permalink)

Member # 110308
I fully support keeping Tellico open and unmolested. The areas we can use for our hobby and recreation are dwindling quickly as people who are not involved in these activities continually wage against us. Very few other activities are ever assailed as is our right and ability to enjoy nature, spend time with family and friends and just generally enjoy ourselves! Add to this the economic boost we supply by supporting an entire industry of hundreds of suppliers, manufacturers and development teams and thousands of retailers and service providers.

I have not had the chance to off-road Tellico yet. It's on my list of places to visit. I really do not want to see it removed from that list because of another closure. It's hard enough that my favorite places to go are already closed for manufactured reasons with no validity. (The land was closed in the 1980's to "protect Grizzly bear habitat" then offered on the public market for high-end vacation home development.)

Thank you,

Rob Pendle
Sierra Vista, AZ
SAVE THE HAMMERS post #105
Old 05-07-2008, 05:08 PM   #793 (permalink)
MAsshole!

Member # 31078
some more from 2007
Attached Images

Old 05-07-2008, 05:08 PM   #794 (permalink)

Member # 112637
Please keep Telico open so my son and I can enjoy another great outdoor expreince.

The pictures and stories on here are amazing and can't wait to go camping and 4 wheeling with my new brotheren.
Old 05-07-2008, 05:08 PM   #795 (permalink)
waterboy

Member # 9086
to those interested, by reading some of these posts, can you see the econ. impact that closing down this area would have???

figure, we represent maybe 2% of the people that use, or will use this area, how many 10's of thousands of dollars would be lost for the local econ. each month/year??

people wheel responsibly here. there is no dumping, no gang activity, no violence. people having fun, family's being together, people being OUTSIDE.... isn't that what is best for the PEOPLE????

there is hunderds of thousands of acres that are already blocked off to OHV's and many more that are blocked of to people in general...... what's the point of that?? what's the point of keeping something 'presitine' if you don't allow anyone to see it???

and shown in the pictures here, the area isn't devestated by the use that it has been designated. its still green, there's still water, there's still wildlife. we can and are working WITH the land and not AGAINST it.

keep Tellico open.
Old 05-07-2008, 05:09 PM   #796 (permalink)

Member # 48730
I wish i could have had the opportunity to get out to tellico and wheel it. It looks so beautiful and fun. The problem people have with us wheelers is that they don't understand that we do respect the land. We just like to experience it in a different way. If it is anything like it is out here on the east coast, there are losers who go and wreck the place that give us a bad name. For every one person who trashes the place there are 50 people who respect it. I guess if this is the case, we should close down the highway. If there is a small percentage of people speeding and breaking the law, then no one gets to use it.

there is one problem i see with this logic. If a place like tellico is closed, the respectful people who leave a small footprint stop going. The people who do not respect it and are destroying it don't care if it is open or not. The only difference will be that there aren't going to be conscientious people on the trails picking up debris as they go.

Save Tellico, give the people who care the right to shoot those who are ruining it
Old 05-07-2008, 05:09 PM   #797 (permalink)

Member # 34815
I have never been to Tellico but I certainly do not want to see it or any trail closed to my family. I look forward to traveling the country and wheeling in all the great places that I have read and heard about especially Tellico. Losing any trail access is bad and will only lead to future generations being cheated out of the pleasure of wheeling with their family and friends. Please save Tellico and all other trails! Thanks, John
Old 05-07-2008, 05:09 PM   #798 (permalink)

Member # 13652
To whom it may concern,

Please keep Upper Tellico open to the OHV community. As Americans, we should not be denied the use of public land. We must continue to allow future generations access.
Old 05-07-2008, 05:09 PM   #799 (permalink)

Member # 75271
Like many non-local offroad enthusiasts I have never been to Tellico, but it is on my list of future wheeling destinations, as it is one of the premiere OHV parks in the world. You cannot mention it to someone who has been there without hearing countless stories about how awesome it is. I cannot imagine the affect that closing it would have on the offroad community and businesses alike.

PLEASE KEEP TELLICO OPEN!!!
Old 05-07-2008, 05:10 PM   #800 (permalink)

Member # 27784
i've never been myself. but i'm finally in a position where i am ready to start taking my rig and throughly thrashing it. i hope i get that chance!
Closed Thread