OFFICIAL Upper Tellico "Virtual Rally" Thread - Page 37 - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Land Use and Trails > Land Use Issues
Notices

Closed Thread

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-07-2008, 05:44 PM   #901 (permalink)

Member # 113660
I've been fortunate enough to live in many places in this great country. I've had the pleasure of wheeling some of the best places. If you have the chance to go to Tellico, you won't be disappointed.

Even in the freezing rain and snow, with a rig that won't start, we have fun!

Tellico is a few hours from my home in the upstate of SC. We trailer 3 1/2 hrs.to Murphy.
There are other destinations for wheeling, however, since my first trip to the area in 1987 I have been in love with western NC.
This area needs to remain open to four wheeling enthusiasts. We can work together to find a reasonable solution.
Old 05-07-2008, 05:44 PM   #902 (permalink)

Member # 112637
WOW now that is awesome keep um comin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by draggbody View Post
TWIMC...

i have many fond memories at tellico... it will be a crime and a shame for this to be closed... i have built my daughter a rig and she deserves to experience this area as the rest of the world has... SHE is our future, our future leaders, parents, roll models and why shouldnt she be able to build her own memories....

Old 05-07-2008, 05:44 PM   #903 (permalink)

Member # 82063
I live about 40 minutes from Tellico, and it would be a very sad day to see it go. Not only does tellico bring lots and lots of revenue to Cherokee county (the poorest county in NC) but it attacts people to this beautiful town, full of nice people and great scenery. I have a son on the way and I would love to show him what a great place tellico is.

Rescue Tellico.
Old 05-07-2008, 05:45 PM   #904 (permalink)

Member # 14451
From my first time in a showroom stock Tacoma to all my buggies and jeeps along the, Tellico always has a way to keep in exciting, interesting, & rewarding.

The first time I saw Guardrail was in '98. We had driven my stock Tacoma and my brothers slightly modded TJ up 4 and saw 11 and had no idea what was up there. We made it to about 100 yds from Guardrail when I decided to get out and walk ahead while we could still turn around. When we walked up I didn't know what to think but I knew I wasn't going up. I said right then and there I would be back with something that will go up and from then on I was hooked.

The next several years I met my wife and we made 10-15 trips a year up there along with other trails all across the country. No matter where we went it just wasn't Tellico. After I started competing we didn't have near as much time to actually wheel for fun, but we always managed to make it to Tellico 2-3 times a year.

Fast foward to now with a 50 hr a week job and a 1 year old daughter and I been lucky to go to Tellico 2-3 times in the last 2 years. I know we will be get back into wheeling a lot and I would like to know that we can always go to Tellico and forget about the rest of the world.

Keep Tellico open for the future of off roaders everywhere.
Save Tellico Rally Post #75

Rock Solid Racing, LLC

coming soon...

Sponsors:

Offroad Outfitters, Transportation Network Systems, Yukon Axle & Gear, Mild 2 Wild 4x4 Customs... more to come
Old 05-07-2008, 05:45 PM   #905 (permalink)

Member # 30164
Quote:
Originally Posted by draggbody View Post
TWIMC...

i have many fond memories at tellico... it will be a crime and a shame for this to be closed... i have built my daughter a rig and she deserves to experience this area as the rest of the world has... SHE is our future, our future leaders, parents, roll models and why shouldnt she be able to build her own memories....

THAT IS AWESOME, And exactly WHY we need Tellico!!!!!!!!!!!

[CENTER][SIZE="5"][URL="http://www.sfwda.org/trails/tellico/donate.html"][COLOR="Red"][B]HELP SAVE TELLICO[/B][/COLOR][/URL][/SIZE][/CENTER]
Old 05-07-2008, 05:47 PM   #906 (permalink)
Wheeler

Member # 26636
Send a message via Yahoo to MO_4RUNNER
I've been to Tellico 3 times. It's a fairly decent trip to get there. I love the trails there and have plans to go back a year from now. I really hope this rally can show there is enough interest and people using this place in a positive way to keep it open.
Old 05-07-2008, 05:47 PM   #907 (permalink)

Member # 20877
Tellico is one of the few places left on the east coast. There are too many good memories to be lost. I think it is pretty obvious that the people the enjoy ORV parks care about our land and treat it properly. We are a growing sport, and we help the local economy out tremendously!
Keep Tellico Open!!
Old 05-07-2008, 05:47 PM   #908 (permalink)
Mayor of Flat Rock

Member # 15447

My wife's brother, Cole Blake, on Guardrail in a Toyota I bought new in 1982.

NIB
Old 05-07-2008, 05:48 PM   #909 (permalink)

Member # 83479
Keep'em coming. Save TELLICO!
TELLICO POST #508
Old 05-07-2008, 05:48 PM   #910 (permalink)
Banned

Member # 88017
Send a message via AIM to chuckiekillskittens
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadAssXJ View Post
THAT IS AWESOME, And exactly WHY we need Tellico!!!!!!!!!!!
that truly is awesome
Old 05-07-2008, 05:48 PM   #911 (permalink)
Mall Crawler

Member # 68929
Moving from Colorado to Charlotte this summer and I hope Tellico stays open. I have a built up TJ on 35"s and a built up Hummer H3 on 35"s and plan on wheeling them both as often as possble at Tellico.

We hit Moab around 5 times a year will need that fix with Tellico down south!

Keep it open!
Old 05-07-2008, 05:49 PM   #912 (permalink)

Member # 41137
Send a message via AIM to McCracken
Just another good thought I had was of all the people I have met. When I first started to go to Tellico I would see a lot of different people riding around. Later on I would run into them and we'd shoot the bull about all the things we saw or got into that day. I've met a few everyday people and lot of unforgetables.

I still remember the story of Wild Bill and his buddy's CJ bombing up Lower 2. I still have the video and I bring it out every now and then just for a good laugh and to look back. I also remember this guy who had a mouse that rode a cat that rode a german shepherd (no joke).

When I got married I had all of my closest friends as my groomsmen. All but one were friends on the trail. We always had a blast and we always had something to take back with us.

Closing Tellico will take away the place we all met and had those memories. Tellico is more than just a place to ride but a place to meet and enjoy the outdoors with friends and family. Please consider the people that will never have that benefit if this place closes.
Old 05-07-2008, 05:49 PM   #913 (permalink)

Member # 103825
Let me start by saying I have never been to Tellico, but have always thought it would be an amazing place to wheel next time Im out that way. I recently started a state wide Nissan club in Arkansas (Nissan Four Wheelers of Arkansas) with a strong dedication to furthering conservation efforts. Hearing of more trail closures is truly disheartening to me and my club and the entire off road community. We work hard to enjoy this hobby that we all love. When a trail is under risk of, or is closed it hurts OHV enthusiast everywhere. The closure of this trail, and others like it is not the only possible course of action. I think from rallies such as this it is evident that we, the off road community, are more than willing to do our part to correct any complications that could arise from off roading. Please dont set this president of once a problem pops up, shut the trail down. Save Tellico, save an American pastime! Thank you for your consideration.

Old 05-07-2008, 05:49 PM   #914 (permalink)

Member # 75135
Another post for TELLICO

Pay attention politicians, we are!!!!
Old 05-07-2008, 05:49 PM   #915 (permalink)

Member # 10073
Send a message via AIM to jbeam
To whom it may concern,

I have never been to Tellico, however being from Indiana this is one place that I have dreamed about visiting one day. My friends and I have talked about a wheeling trip down to Tellico since we were in high school. With more and more trails being closed, we need Tellico to stay open. This is one place that when I can wheel there, I hope it is still open.

Thanks

Josh
Old 05-07-2008, 05:49 PM   #916 (permalink)

Member # 74942
save tellico !!!!!!!!!!!
here is a pic of my rig in my backyard. i would much rather take pics of it at tellico. hopefully you will understand. keep our legal places open.
Old 05-07-2008, 05:49 PM   #917 (permalink)
Runner? What runner?

Member # 946
Send a message via AIM to 4runner
I once spent 5 days in CA only to go to Tellico OHV area. I took my family off roading, fishing, and general sight seeing. This is one of the most remarkable areas for getting closer to nature and your family at teh same time. I would encourage everyone to spend some time there for the religious experience that getting close to nature via a four wheel drive can be. Be it a few hours, a day, a weekend, or even more, get out and enjoy the beautiful scenery that is available at Tellico. I get regular requests from my family to take them back to Tellico for at least a weekend retreat of off road spiritual regeneration.
Old 05-07-2008, 05:49 PM   #918 (permalink)

Member # 27712
To whom it may concern...

I have been involved in OHV acivities for 25 years, and the closure of Tellico would be a tragedy. I have never been there, but I would someday like to be able to take my family to Tellico and experience the awesome terrain that has so many off road challenges.

Facing a closure in Johnson Valley, practically my backyard, I know the importance of having accessible trails where we can get togethere and share good times, as well as building life lomg relationships with other wheelers.

Please help to ensure many years of enjoyable off roading by keeping Tellico OHVA open!!!
Old 05-07-2008, 05:49 PM   #919 (permalink)

Member # 57739
a bunch of us from jersey drove down a few years ago and rented cabins from chuck & helen i had my 12 year old son with me it was an experience of a lifetime access to the Upper Tellico OHV should remain open for future generations to enjoy

Old 05-07-2008, 05:50 PM   #920 (permalink)

Member # 77454
I have never been to Tellico before, but would love to some day go. I would plan a whole trip out of it. Spend my money at the local business, and to support the local economy and enjoying what nature has to offer. I feel that if Tellico was to be closed the economic base may suffer.
Old 05-07-2008, 05:50 PM   #921 (permalink)

Member # 7916
Send a message via AIM to Scot90BII
I have not been to Tellico yet, but a trip is being planned. I have many friends that have been there and have nothing but praise for the area. Please keep Tellico open for me, my family and many others who enjoy the area.
Old 05-07-2008, 05:50 PM   #922 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 15502
Been to Tellico once, it was a fantastic trip. I'd love to be able to go multiple times once I get my rig finshed, or before that with other people.
Old 05-07-2008, 05:51 PM   #923 (permalink)

Member # 93032
Closing OHV areas to the public and limiting the areas where we can even see nature is UnAmerican.If these type of closures continue,countless businesses and communities will be affected, further hurting the U.S. Economy.Please keep Tellico open.
Old 05-07-2008, 05:51 PM   #924 (permalink)
Pirate4x4 Addict!

Member # 347
Quote:
With nearly two thousand miles between me and Tellico, I don't recreate there frequently, but I have heard much of the opportunity available there, and believe that it is one of the crown jewels of motorized recreation -- much like Rubicon Trail, Moab, and Johnson Valley.
No, it is not in my backyard. Rubicon is... but you know what, Moab and Johnson Valley aren't in my backyard, either, and I still write letters, send money, and help where I can, even from miles and miles away... because as a tax-payer, my back-yard extends pretty damn far. My goal is to visit all these places that my taxes help support, and I'd sure like to be able to 'wheel in Tellico when I get there. I mountain-bike, hike, camp, canoe, and climb, but my trusty 4x4 gets me to the staging areas for all of these activities, in addition to the times when I'm just there to wheel and camp.

Losing trails ANYWHERE loses us ally OHV-ers who can help defend our local trails WHEREVER THEY MAY BE. We saw how this was a strength when Johnson Valley needed support, and now we need to BOTH:
* repay the Tellico folks who posted on the JV threads by posting in the Tellico Virtual Ralley
* "pay it ahead" for our local trails by posting in the Tellico Virtual Ralley

This is not just Tellico. This is ALL of our backyards, even if it ain't right in my backyard.

Randii
Randy Burleson
Volunteer and Tax-Payer
Old 05-07-2008, 05:51 PM   #925 (permalink)
Wheeler

Member # 30842
I haven't made it to Tellico yet, but I plan to in the near future. Hopefully it will still be there when I am able to get there.
JV post #80
Tellico post #925
Closed Thread