Famous Land Use and Access Leader Dennis Mayer - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Land Use and Trails > Land Use Issues
Notices

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-11-2008, 09:12 PM   #1 (permalink)
Land Use Zeus

Member # 3982
Famous Land Use and Access Leader Dennis Mayer

Many of you know Dennis Mayer, or know of him. He is one of our stars in the access fights, especially for the Rubicon Trail, FOTR and the Rubicon Trail Foundation. I'm proud to annouce another of his accomplishments. Today he graduated from the Recreational Leadership Training Course (RLTC), to go along with his graduation from Volunteer Leader & Land Stewardship (VLLS) training a few years back.

If you need a motivation to take this course; or to just find out how you can better help your club, your favorite trail, and our sport in general, then just look at Dennis Da Man Mayer. He is my hero.

Del

Del, Dennis, Randy Burleson of RTF, and Don Spuhler, President, CA4WDC.

CONGRATS Dennis.

Building an Access Army to Fight Back -- SOLDIER UP
Jeepndel is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-11-2008, 09:27 PM   #2 (permalink)
Team 4554

Member # 23188
Del's online Recreational Leadership Training Course is an awesome program, and if you have not checked it out, please do so.

There is a lot that can be learned thru that course that will not only help in leading your club or organization, but it gives you skills that apply in real life. (Looks good on a Resume also!)

As a person whose career is in education, I hope you trust my small stamp of approval on this one and check it out. It's worth every cent and more!

Our partners: Falken Tire, Vegas 4x4, CRAWL Magazine, Reid Racing, Metal Cloak, MJ Motorsports, Jessie Haines Fabrication, SFS Industries, Susanville Transmission, Pacific Fabrication, Raceline Wheels, Outlaw Grafix, The Kyburz Krawlerz, and Keith's credit card.
Kurtuleas is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Old 09-11-2008, 09:50 PM   #3 (permalink)
Pirate is KING!

Member # 12217
Stellar! Del, I cannot wait to take your course my friend and this news makes me even more antsy for my other commitments to be over with so I can focus. Great to hear you've stepped up on something so important Dennis!
RedBullJeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-11-2008, 10:28 PM   #4 (permalink)
Wheeler

Member # 42245
Thanks for the reminder I needed to sign up for this! Sounds great.
Old 09-11-2008, 10:42 PM   #5 (permalink)
Land Use Zeus

Member # 3982
Sign up by sending me an email -- anytime. Work at your own pace. Pay when you can. Get more back in swag, freebies, goodies, and gift certificates than you pay. Get a shot at a winch, shocks, PullzAll and Jambo ticket. You CAN NOT go wrong.

Learn 10 things to help your club.
Learn 5 ways to communicate better in our OHV world.
Learn how to work with club elders and old timers.
Learn new ways for public speaking.
Learn 25 tips for organizing a better event (or convention) or club meeting.

Del

Building an Access Army to Fight Back -- SOLDIER UP

Last edited by Jeepndel; 09-12-2008 at 10:06 PM.
Jeepndel is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-12-2008, 12:07 AM   #6 (permalink)

Member # 3622
Does 30+ years of Navy leadership training count for anything???

Congratulations, Dennis.

I am reminded of an old management adage....

When the alligators are biting your a##, remember the first objective was to drain the swamp.....
Old 09-12-2008, 04:06 AM   #7 (permalink)

Member # 67981
With Military leadership, plus 30 years of Corporate Business Management, and quite a few years of OHV leadership and use, I took the RLTC thinking I might know it all, already.

What I found out in a hurry was that Del has tools, and practical first hand stuff in both courses, that are vital to getting out there and getting it done.

Find the bucks, put in the time, it isn't very much of either, but the benefits are enormous.

Anyone with the desire or need to help get and keep a club on track will wonder how they did without this.

Oh, 'ya, and congratulations, Dennis!

Ken

Last edited by Pantheus; 09-12-2008 at 04:08 AM.
Pantheus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-12-2008, 09:57 AM   #8 (permalink)

Member # 1616
Thanks Del but I asked you to keep it a secret.

Thanks to everyone and to those that have already started the course please finish. There are a lot of skills taught that will help you out immediately. These skills will not only help with leadership in land use, running a club, being a leader at volunteer efforts, leading and planning an event, etc but much more in your personal life as well. These skills will improve your ability to communicate at work in either direction, up to your boss(es) or down to those you are in charge of. It will also help with communicating with your equals.

To those that haven't yet started the course. Do it now. You may have interruptions or you may set it aside for a while but it will always be there to do.

One of the things that I have learned from all of this is about monkeys. One task/job equals one monkey. If you carry too many monkeys around you can't do as good a job as you can when you get the monkey off of your back by completing the task. Clear mind equals better outcome of whatever you are doing.

That is only scratching the surface of what you will learn because as with everything in life each person takes different things wth them from the same source.

Thanks again,

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

** A VERIFICATION EMAIL IS SENT TO THIS ADDRESS TO COMPLETE REGISTRATION!! **

Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.