Obama names nominee to oversee national forests - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Land Use and Trails > Land Use Issues
Notices

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-07-2009, 12:12 AM   #1 (permalink)
savage

Member # 1730
Obama names nominee to oversee national forests

I could not imagine this being any worse. I hope everyone took a lifetime worth of pictures on your last trips, cause you're going to need them:

http://www.sacbee.com/state_wire/story/1838593.html
Old 05-07-2009, 12:21 AM   #2 (permalink)
savage

Member # 1730
Quote:
He has worked with NRCS in Mississippi, Massachusetts and Texas. As Mississippi’s state conservationist, he took particular care for forest and wetlands restoration, according to wildlife groups familiar with the state. Wilkes has a master of business administration and a doctoral degree in urban conservation planning and higher education from Jackson State University in Mississippi. A biography from the Agriculture Department said he enjoys fishing and family activities with his wife and three sons.
guess its better than the guy from Trout Unlimited that everyone thought was going to get the job. Still looks bad. Doubt he's concerned much with motorized access.
Old 05-15-2009, 05:53 PM   #3 (permalink)

Member # 20672
Send a message via AIM to forbergler Send a message via Yahoo to forbergler
Very interesting. He as all that is required to be a lone assassin...

Three names.

"You're pretty funny for a guy about to take a bullet". "After f@#king your wife, I'll take two!"

Ride on Wild Bill, ride on.
Sophie Girl
'85 4runner,
[url]http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=552526&highlight=4skinner500[/url]
forbergler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 03:01 PM   #4 (permalink)

Member # 15010
after reading that article i realize that it's really our fault for everything. i'll gladly stop driving on our public lands because it's inherently evil. and since my wheeler produces too much co2, i will volunteer to have it recycled to create a friendly hybrid, saving the climate and lauching america into the new millenium.

i'm so glad to finally see things so clearly. all of you should as well, and if you don't i will have to turn in your names to the federal govt.
Old 06-02-2009, 02:18 PM   #5 (permalink)

Member # 134070
Quote:
Originally Posted by tunaman View Post
after reading that article i realize that it's really our fault for everything. i'll gladly stop driving on our public lands because it's inherently evil. and since my wheeler produces too much co2, i will volunteer to have it recycled to create a friendly hybrid, saving the climate and lauching america into the new millenium.

i'm so glad to finally see things so clearly. all of you should as well, and if you don't i will have to turn in your names to the federal govt.

Nice
VSU_4runnin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 12:27 AM   #6 (permalink)
Granite Guru

Member # 133025
Quote:
Originally Posted by tunaman View Post
after reading that article i realize that it's really our fault for everything.

Scary thought, perhaps too close to the truth. We are all responsible for the current state of affairs, it's sad, and it's probably just going to get worse. Those of us that drug our feet, hey I'm as guilty as anyone else, thinking someone else was going to protect our rights, failed to support those someone else'ses. Now were paying the price for letting others carry our share of the burden, our society wasn't supposed to work that way. Times have changed, society has changed, mores, values and the work ethic, nothing is as it was. Progress, maybe to some, progressive you make that call, progression, not by a long shot. Everyday, someone wants to take another right away from you and I. Have you lifted a finger to stop them? Your only one person, what can you do? Write a letter, have you got a friend that thinks the same way you do? Ask them to write a letter. Ask your friend to ask a friend, to ask a friend , to ask a friend to write a letter, it can work, why not try? Express yourself, you can bitch to your buddy all you want, not gonna change a damn thing. Write a letter to your state representitive, or member of congress, any government official that you feel needs to know your views. I don't think a single one is a mind reader, no clairvoyant's among elected officials. They won't know what your thinking, till you tell them. Take the time, a few minutes may be all it takes to keep a trail open, wouldn't that feel good to know it was because of you? I hate preaching to the choir, but I think we need to be reminded.
easyspops is offline   Reply With Quote