BRC Alert: Vanishing Freedoms, FOX NEWS 5-19 & 5-20 - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Land Use and Trails > Land Use Issues
Notices

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-17-2001, 01:35 PM   #1 (permalink)
1962 YellowSubmarine

Member # 1494
Post BRC Alert: Vanishing Freedoms, FOX NEWS 5-19 & 5-20

*** BLUERIBBON ALERT *** BLUERIBBON ALERT *** BLUERIBBON ALERT ***

Dear Subscriber:

Just wanted to ask you to set your television to FOX NEWS on May 19th and 20th for an all new installment of their pupular "VANISHING FREEDOMS" series. This hard hitting expose on environmental extremism and how it affects the public is a must see! This installment will feature some important access-related segments, such as the Wildlands Project.

Be sure to tune in and set your VCRs to record!

*** END ALERT *** END ALERT *** END ALERT *** END ALERT ***

To add your email address from this list or
to update your information or interests list it is easy.
Simply go to the address below and unsubscribe or update:

http://www.sharetrails.org/contact/contact.htm

Ventura County Axle Snappers 4 Wheel Drive Club

Help Fight Global Warming- turn your A/C on high and open all your windows.

Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms should be a convenience store - NOT a government agency!!!!
YellowSub1962 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2001, 06:12 PM   #2 (permalink)

Member # 3734
For those of us with out a T.V. Guide or that don't have time durring the day to watch for the previews, what time on Fox News is this segment going to be on???Either the 19th or the 20th.
Sponsored Links
Old 05-18-2001, 08:10 AM   #3 (permalink)
1962 YellowSubmarine

Member # 1494
This weekend, in
Vanishing Freedom II: Who
Owns America?, Fox
News takes a look at how
some forms of
environmentalism chip away at
individuals'
personal and property rights.

Hosted by William
LaJeunesse, the special airs
Saturday May 19 at
10 p.m. ET/7 p.m. PT and
Sunday May 20 at 8
p.m. ET/5 p.m. PT. To find Fox
News Channel on
your local cable system, click
here.

In this, one of several stories from
the special, Fox News looks at how
environmental extremists are taking
their wars to ever-more-extreme lengths.

Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms should be a convenience store - NOT a government agency!!!!
Old 05-18-2001, 08:29 AM   #4 (permalink)

Member # 2510
Cool

Please let us know when the more of these series wil be aired.

It is much easier to suggest solutions when you don't know too much about the problem.
- Malcolm Forbes

"I've been accused of vulgarity. I say that's bullshit." ---Mel Brooks
JeepinIan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2001, 09:16 PM   #5 (permalink)

Member # 2510
I can't find the channel it is on on Direct TV. If anyone knows, please post it!
=============================================

This weekend, in Vanishing Freedom II: Who Owns America?, Fox News takes a look at how some forms of environmentalism chip away at individuals' personal and property rights.
Hosted by William LaJeunesse, the special airs Saturday May 19 at 10 p.m. ET/7 p.m. PT and Sunday May 20 at 8 p.m. ET/5 p.m. PT. To find Fox News Channel on your local cable system, click here.
In this, one of several stories from the special, Fox News looks at how a United Nations program is starting to impact landowners in a far corner of California.
SANTA CRUZ, Calif. -- The advance of a United Nations program intended to foster sustainable development around the world is coming to haunt the residents of this idyllic coastal town nestled between Monterey and San Franscisco.
Known as Agenda 21, the agreement is aimed at altering consumer behavior and reducing consumption in order to balance the need to develop land and use natural resources now with the need to preserve and conserve land and resources for future generations.

But however well-intentioned Agenda 21 is, critics of the agreement see in it government efforts to reduce the number of houses being built, the size of cars, limits on mining and agriculture, and government control of land, water and gas.
In Santa Cruz, local supporters of Agenda 21, which was agreed to by 178 countries at the 1992 Earth Summit in Rio de Janiero, are trying to convince officials to install meters on privately owned water wells in an effort to reduce consumption.

"They want to have control over all our resources," complains Nick Vrolyk, a Santa Cruz property and well owner. "We basically have the right to the water on our property. They're trying to circumvent our constitutional rights."
Environmentalists in Santa Cruz say the effort is a sensible approach to conservation that recognizes the objectives of both sides.
"Sustainable development is about meeting the needs of the present without compromising future generations' ability to meet their own needs," says Jeanne Nordland of Santa Cruz Local Agenda 21. "It's not about surviving into the 21st Century. It's about thriving."

But many Santa Cruz residents oppose Agenda 21, insisting environmental causes shouldn't trump private property rights.

"It's the taking of the rights that I really, really hate," Vrolyk says. "Incrementally,
they are nibbling away at our private property rights, and private individual rights as a whole."
The California water war is just one example of the sort of local conflicts being created by Agenda 21 and its supporters around the country and world. Particularly guiling to its American opponents what they see as Agenda 21's subtext - that the United States has a history of environmental irresponsibility and needs to pay for that.
Arguing that Americans have forfeited the rights to manage their own resources because they embraced urban sprawl, gas guzzling cars and unchecked consumption of resources, the U.N. says someone has to take over.

"The rate at which we are depleting the environment is so fast, if we actually hit the crisis we won't be able to put the brakes on and stop," says Vic Desotelle of the Sustainable Quality Alliance.
The same push for sustainable development behind Agenda 21 is also driving other, similar efforts around the world that property rights advocates see as a troubling trend.
Another controversial project is the U.N. Convention on Biological Diversity, signed by the U.S. and Mexico and others. As part of that effort, the U.S. is financing the building of a "bio-reserve" for migratory birds just over the U.S. border in Mexico.
According to records from the Mexican Department of Forestry, a host of U.S. agencies has provided subsidies for equipment, buildings, uniforms and other aspects of the biosphere project.

Marco Ciretti of the Mexican Department of Forestry said the U.S. is contributing about 25 percent of the project's total budget, not including contributions from American non-governmental organizations like the Audubon Society and the Nature Conservancy, which is spearheading the project.
Alice Valenzuela and other Mexican ranchers and land-owners in the path of the preserve are fighting the project, though. They see it as an attempt by the Mexican government and environmental groups to control their land by regulating what they use it for and how. Officials want 2million acres for the project, much of it privately-owned land like Valenzuela's that they are buying.

"The intent from the beginning was not to protect existing national parks, but it was part of a much larger nucleus for expanding environmental protection efforts over a much larger territory," Valenzuela says. "Most of that territory encompasses private ranch land.".

But environmentalists and other supporters of efforts like the biosphere project and Agenda 21 say protection of the planet for everyone is, in some cases, going to have to take precedent over individual land owners.

"You have to think across borders and boundaries," says Holly Richeter, a spokeswoman for the Nature Conservancy. "The Nature Conservancy approach is to protect species that support diversity on earth, species headed for endangered status."

It is much easier to suggest solutions when you don't know too much about the problem.
- Malcolm Forbes

Old 05-19-2001, 10:51 AM   #6 (permalink)
1962 YellowSubmarine

Member # 1494
<font color="yellow">It's channel 360 on my direct TV(west coast, but shouldn't matter), but I scrolled through the guide all the way to Monday and didn't find it listed, I'm hoping the airtime was determined after the guide was released, and that its still on...</font c>

Old 05-19-2001, 12:34 PM   #7 (permalink)

Member # 466
Send a message via ICQ to Curtis
Not only are our freedoms being chipped away because of environmentalism but also in the name of the almighty dollar and corporate American. The new energy policy by the Bush team allows companies (not government agencies) to seize your property to lay power lines or search for oil/gas/coal. To me, that approach is more alarming than government seizing land for environmental protection.
Old 05-19-2001, 04:18 PM   #8 (permalink)

Member # 2510
Quote:
Originally posted by Yellowsub1962:
<STRONG><font color="yellow">It's channel 360 on my direct TV(west coast, but shouldn't matter), but I scrolled through the guide all the way to Monday and didn't find it listed, I'm hoping the airtime was determined after the guide was released, and that its still on...</font c></STRONG>
Thanks, that's the channel I found, but I did not see it listed either. I thought I had it wrong.

- Malcolm Forbes

Old 05-19-2001, 08:22 PM   #9 (permalink)
1962 YellowSubmarine

Member # 1494
Quote:
Originally posted by Curtis:
<STRONG>Not only are our freedoms being chipped away because of environmentalism but also in the name of the almighty dollar and corporate American. The new energy policy by the Bush team allows companies (not government agencies) to seize your property to lay power lines or search for oil/gas/coal. To me, that approach is more alarming than government seizing land for environmental protection.</STRONG>
<font color="yellow">I don't know about it being more alarming, as both are seizures of private property, but in either case I think it's time people got off their asses and did something about it!!</font c>

Old 05-22-2001, 10:43 AM   #10 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 89
Send a message via MSN to Whitewater Send a message via Yahoo to Whitewater
It's true that we do need to protect the ecolocical diversity and yes some private property may suffer but this approach is wrong. What most people don't realize is the underlying larger problem is overpopulation. At the rate this planets pop. is growing we WILL eventually run out of resources no matter what we do about it. My father and myself were just arguing about this Sunday, he is an extreme Conservative and I fall somewhere in the middle. I agree with Curtis that both sides are a little scary.

"Having too many 'things', American's spend their hours and money on the couch searching for a soul. A strange species we are... If I wanted to destroy a nation, I would give it too much and I would have it on it's knees, miserable, greedy and sick." -John Steinbeck
Whitewater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2001, 10:45 AM   #11 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 89
Send a message via MSN to Whitewater Send a message via Yahoo to Whitewater
BTW did anyone see the show?

"Having too many 'things', American's spend their hours and money on the couch searching for a soul. A strange species we are... If I wanted to destroy a nation, I would give it too much and I would have it on it's knees, miserable, greedy and sick." -John Steinbeck
Whitewater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2001, 11:40 AM   #12 (permalink)

Member # 2510
Quote:
Originally posted by Whitewater:
<STRONG>BTW did anyone see the show?</STRONG>
I saw some of it, but had to leave the house. Got it on tape nad will watch it this week.
Some of the things I did see tho' really suck. One guy was talking about how we have to save some fish, and got the endagered species act involved, and now the farmers can't get any water for their fields. Their land went from something like $500 an acre to $80 each and is dry and dusty. As the farmers said, which is more important, people or fish? The don't want to be bailed out, they want to work the land. They understand about the drought and there is much water, but they want at least some of it so they can earn a living.
At least that's the part that I remember right now. I plan on watching it this week for what I missed & review what I already saw.

- Malcolm Forbes

Old 05-23-2001, 11:33 PM   #13 (permalink)
1962 YellowSubmarine

Member # 1494
Thumbs up

<font color="yellow">It's going to be on again, for those who missed it</font c>
>
>If you did not get a chance to see this program and have access to
>FOX news I strongly recommend you watch. It is hard to believe
>what is happening in America today. This program will give you a
>good idea.
>
>If you cannot watch, I believe you can also purchase a video of
>Vanishing Freedom 2 By Calling making a FREE call to FOX at (888) 44
>FOX TV or (888) 443 6988.
>
>Vanishing Freedoms
>
>Dear Viewer,
>
> Thank you for contacting the Fox News Channel, In reference to your
>question about Vanishing Freedom part 2. We will be re-airing Vanishing
>Freedom over the Memorial day weekend on Sunday May 27th at 12 PM Eastern
>standard time, Monday May 28th at 2 PM Eastern standard time. If you have
>any other questions, please feel free to contact me.
>
>Sincerely,
>
>Minni Ahuja--Fnc.
>
><<mailto:manpreet.ahuja@FOXNEWS.COM>manpreet.ahuj a@FOXNEWS.COM>