Offroad "Club" riding illegally in North Georgia - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Land Use and Trails > Land Use Issues
Notices

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-23-2011, 12:59 PM   #1 (permalink)

Member # 127399
Offroad "Club" riding illegally in North Georgia

I dont post much here, so hopefully this is in the right spot. This just completely pisses me off to see people riding in illegal areas. This was posted by a member of my local 4x4 club. These people have a "I dont give a shit attitude" when he let them know, that they were in an illegal spot. Activity like this is why we keep loosing legal land.

Here is a link to the thread.
http://www.gatrailriders.com/GTRForu...;boardseen#new

These idiots are call theirselves North Ga Krawlers. I think they also go under the names Gwinnett Off Road and Hall County Off Road. They have the pics and videos all over facebook and youtube. I think we need to take action. Im serious, this is goona cause a major problem for all of us off roaders. I am copying a coversation off their facebook page....

Nick D'Andria
So I was informed 2 times now that the river we were at Saturday is an illegal place to play in. I got into a whole argument with the guys of NGJ and I was banned from their site. Lets be cautious of where we wheel next time so none of us get an unwanted ticket, or a visit from a forestry ranger. Just a heads up.

21 hours agovia iPhone

2 people like this..
Kevin Middleton fawk tht shitt. may be illegal, atleast were not out shooting herione, and robbing ppl.
20 hours ago.Geoffery G-Fo McCannon But if there were no signs around saying anything about it, then there's nothing they can say to us

Sent via DROID on Verizon Wireless
20 hours ago via .Nick D'Andria Yeah that's what I'm saying
19 hours ago.Jordan Miller It isn't illegal. I've talked to some fellas out there that have property and they have told me that we are all good as long as we don't disturb the people riding horses or the horses. Those people pay to ride them where we play. Just have fun and do what's right out on the trails. No HEROIN Kevin.
19 hours ago.Geoffery G-Fo McCannon No heroine? Dammit

19 hours ago via .Geoffery G-Fo McCannon Are y'all talkin about Earl's Ford, or the trails off of Tallulah road?

17 hours ago via .Brandon Reed Best motto to go by....." WHAT HAPPENS ON THE GREEN MILE, STAYS ON THE GREEN MILE" ...don't even talk to other groups about what we do....didn't see any signs either....and i don't think we killed any rocks in the river nor fish...nothin more than acid rain already contributes to. Ever seen how much sewage the counties pour into the Chattahoochee below above and below Buford Dam???
17 hours ago.Brandon Reed I feel that we respected the land pretty well....i didn't see one person litter the other day....
17 hours ago.Nick D'Andria All I had done was post the vid of Jordan on that rock and they started sending me links for trout unlimited and treadlightly. And yeah we were very respectful to the environment!
17 hours ago.Hunter Norris They did the same thing to me. Those guys are tree huggers.
16 hours ago.Brandon Reed I'm a HUGE tree hugger! But i don't think God looked down on us in shame for gettin out and enjoying what He made. So i'm not gonna worry about what those guys think.
16 hours ago.Eric Millirons Wait no heroine?!!?!??! fawk this I'm out!! Bahahhaah
16 hours ago.Hunter Norris I dont see any harm in rubbing out jeeps on rocks, or getting a little mud on the tires.
16 hours ago.Kevin Middleton So are we or are we not doing heroine?
16 hours ago.Nick D'Andria Yeah since when was a rock, or some mud a living thing for us to harm? And who's got the heroin? LOL.
16 hours ago.Dakota Ray Sparks No heroin. mother would never approve...
15 hours ago..
YouTube - North Georgia Krawlers
mattgatrtj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 01:03 PM   #2 (permalink)

Member # 114794
If anyone knows the guys in the video, please post up. I am fed up with loosing places to wheel. This is how the public views wheelers, ignorant and careless. I hope they nail these guys. I don't want to loose another Tellico!
Old 02-23-2011, 01:08 PM   #3 (permalink)

Member # 128874
Matt, I'm w/ you on this! MORONS like this cause land to be closed. What can be done to stop them?
Jeepster1407 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 01:09 PM   #4 (permalink)

Member # 158189
Maybe some of these guys are members here! Own up guys. That "I can give a chit less attitude" is whats wrong with young off roaders these days. Maybe when everything gets closed down they can wheel in a parking lot somewhere.
Old 02-23-2011, 01:09 PM   #5 (permalink)

Member # 112493
We've got to work together to let these kids know they are endangering our remaining trails, and risking fines and impoundment.
Slippery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 01:12 PM   #6 (permalink)

Member # 158189
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slippery View Post
We've got to work together to let these kids know they are endangering our remaining trails, and risking fines and impoundment.
If you will read that conversation up there, you will see that i told them it was illegal and you see how the rest of the crew acted when the message was relayed. Kids with too much of daddys money and too little brains.
Old 02-23-2011, 02:51 PM   #7 (permalink)
flamethrower

Member # 75270
Send a message via Yahoo to Bebe
I think they are getting their butts kicked already on YouTube....they need a momslap upside the head!

I have been there before.... I didnt see a single sign saying no wheeling allowed...

pics of these signs anyone?
huntern0103 17 minutes ago

HEY MORON, This is the "Grown man" that you referred to as being a "Bonehead" on JK Forum! Apparently you think you're special in some way and the law doesn't apply to you,! Guess what, the US Forestry service has your information Nick and will be in touch shortly. It's little snot-nosed brats like you that cause good 4x4 enthusiasts to lose trails. Little turds like you are the reason that Tellico is gone!
gpcribbs116 22 minutes ago
o Share
o Remove
o Flag for spam
o Block User
o Unblock User

As krawler said, Thanks for posting up a video confirming your presence on an illegal wheeling spot. My condolences to those of you just following along, but to the "leaders" here, you should know better.
CalvinXJ 32 minutes ago

IDIOTS! THIS PLACE IS AN ILLEGAL SPOT TO WHEEL AND THIS WILL BE POSTED IN NUMEROUS FORUMS! This is why we continue to have our parks and 4x areas shut down. Thanks!
krawler00 1 hour ago

@krawler00

...but if you post your comment this way (instead of a personal posting) you will pronounce what you are frightened of (closing areas).... 
GeraldZJCJ 18 minutes ago
Old 02-23-2011, 04:47 PM   #8 (permalink)

Member # 184071
I just received a PM from FloBraJK on JK Forum...he is apparently upset!

You are starting to get on my nerves. Please stay out of my threads, and my business. You and the NGJ go elsewhere! I do not give a F U C K what you say. guess what? I have your information and i will be reporting you to the cops for harassment. here comes a lawsuit.

Good luck, asshole.
TonkaJK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 05:44 PM   #9 (permalink)

Member # 127399
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonkaJK View Post
I just received a PM from FloBraJK on JK Forum...he is apparently upset!

You are starting to get on my nerves. Please stay out of my threads, and my business. You and the NGJ go elsewhere! I do not give a F U C K what you say. guess what? I have your information and i will be reporting you to the cops for harassment. here comes a lawsuit.

Good luck, asshole.

Law suit for reporting a crime. What a joke! Looks like these guys got what was coming from several sides.

I just cant get over how much this happens, and people just dont give a shit. They will be off playing their ataris in a month and give this phase of there life up, after they ruin it for everyone else.
mattgatrtj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 05:51 PM   #10 (permalink)
Pirate4x4 Addict!

Member # 6650
This is a missed opportunity to educate a few folks that have no clue who the enemy is or how they operate. These guys are not the enemy they are "us".

Start there and it will grow in to something good and not just an efight.
Past President 2010-2012
Retired Director 2004-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by resqme View Post
Punctuation eludes you.
cruzila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 06:29 PM   #11 (permalink)

Member # 158189
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruzila View Post
This is a missed opportunity to educate a few folks that have no clue who the enemy is or how they operate. These guys are not the enemy they are "us".

Start there and it will grow in to something good and not just an efight.
How do you educate someone who says they give a F**K what we say. All I know is if and when I ever see them on a trail with disreguard to the rules that most responsible wheelers abide by, then if they are lucky, all I will do is call the f/s ranger.
Old 02-23-2011, 06:58 PM   #12 (permalink)
Pirate4x4 Addict!

Member # 6650
I totally hear ya, but if you understand how the "other" side works, you would realize you have given them some really good ammo by going "viral" with this.

These guys may not give a crap now, but with some TLC, they would come around. I know, I have done it. They are just like you, they just want to enjoy driving a rig on difficult stuff. The difference is they are unaware that what they do has repercussions for all of us. So, educate them without being holier then thou or down talking to them.

Seems satisfying to go after these guys like this, but it can be likened to eating your own offspring. Seems like there are some apologies going around (alright maybe one guy is bi-polar lol) so that is the start. Maybe there is a guy there that will someday turn this thing around and be so proactive it will make a huge difference?

Point is, they are us. This was on one of your threads and it is the one thing that stood out to me. A simple statement really but it goes like this. 7 pages and that is the one thing I remember.

Quote:
I mean I respect them, but they flip out.
Del Albright (BRC) once told me it takes a second to lose trust (could insert respect) and many times that to regain it or build it back.

Scott
Past President 2010-2012

Quote:
Punctuation eludes you.
Old 02-23-2011, 07:06 PM   #13 (permalink)
Pirate4x4 Addict!

Member # 6650
Here's the enemy.

http://wilderness.org/content/annual...ial-statements
34,589,005 in revenue

http://www.biologicaldiversity.org/p...ualRpt2009.pdf
7,482,541 in revenue

that's just two of them.

Quote:
And, did you know the Center for Biological Diversity…

♦ used the Endangered Species Act and other environmental laws to win protection for more than 500 rare animals and plants, as well as 120 million acres of critical habitat;

♦ has an unparalleled record of legal successes over the past 20 years- 93% of our lawsuits result in favorable outcomes for endangered species;

♦ was recently featured in the book Eco Barons by Pulitzer prize-winning author Ed Humes, and was dubbed "pound for pound, dollar for dollar the most effective conservation organization in the country" by LA Weekly;

♦ offers free endangered species ringtones and phone wallpapers so you can hear the call of the wild wherever you are.

Become a fan of the Center on and follow us on .
Past President 2010-2012

Quote:
Punctuation eludes you.

Last edited by cruzila; 02-23-2011 at 07:08 PM.
Old 02-23-2011, 07:35 PM   #14 (permalink)
Team 4554

Member # 23188
I completely agree with Cruzilla.

Flaming them will not win them over and make them change their ways. They just do not understand the repercussions of their actions.

Our partners: Falken Tire, Vegas 4x4, CRAWL Magazine, Reid Racing, Metal Cloak, MJ Motorsports, Jessie Haines Fabrication, SFS Industries, Susanville Transmission, Pacific Fabrication, Raceline Wheels, Outlaw Grafix, The Kyburz Krawlerz, and Keith's credit card.
Kurtuleas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 07:37 PM   #15 (permalink)

Member # 158189
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurtuleas View Post

Flaming them will not win them over and make them change their ways. They just do not understand the repercussions of their actions.
IDK it seemed to work pretty good. They finally removed all the evidence.

Last edited by rabunjeeper; 02-23-2011 at 07:37 PM.
rabunjeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 07:42 PM   #16 (permalink)
Team 4554

Member # 23188
Quote:
Originally Posted by rabunjeeper View Post
IDK it seemed to work pretty good. They finally removed all the evidence.
But that does not nessasarily stop the behavior.....

Our partners: Falken Tire, Vegas 4x4, CRAWL Magazine, Reid Racing, Metal Cloak, MJ Motorsports, Jessie Haines Fabrication, SFS Industries, Susanville Transmission, Pacific Fabrication, Raceline Wheels, Outlaw Grafix, The Kyburz Krawlerz, and Keith's credit card.
Kurtuleas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 07:45 PM   #17 (permalink)

Member # 158189
Quote:
But that does not nessasarily stop the behavior.....
No but some of the guys who were involved are good ppl. They are trying to talk some sense into their leaders and club members. At least now they know that that kind of behavior will not go un-noticed. I hope they come around and make good decisions from here on out. We are all after the same thing and should all take the same measures to keep this dying sport alive.

Last edited by rabunjeeper; 02-23-2011 at 07:45 PM.
rabunjeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 08:48 PM   #18 (permalink)
flamethrower

Member # 75270
Quote:

It worked for the SlickRock Mafia
Old 02-24-2011, 10:12 AM   #19 (permalink)
Pirate4x4 Addict!

Member # 6650
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bebe View Post
It worked for the SlickRock Mafia
that's cuz yur a hot chick

won't work for dudes
Past President 2010-2012

Quote:
Punctuation eludes you.
Old 02-24-2011, 09:04 PM   #20 (permalink)

Member # 158189
Its all over and done with now. Be careful on who you choose to represent your club. Nick could have handled things alot better and with a better attitude. Nick knew it was illegal after the fact and told the rest of your group, but that didnt seem to hinder the posting of youtube videos and pics of it. When your club was told it was illegal, most just didnt want to accept the fact that it was. I will see about getting the original poster of this thread to take it down and all the others with it.
Old 02-24-2011, 09:28 PM   #21 (permalink)
flamethrower

Member # 75270
Quote:
Originally Posted by middleton_tj View Post
so this is kevin middleton, from NORTH GEORGIA KRAWLERS.
so ifeel that all of this has been brought up in the wrong fashion, if anyone wanted to inform us that we were in an illegal place, i feel a nice hey you know you should watch out those trails are illegal or off limits. not in a vicious way like it has been. and for me im not in a state of mind of "i dont give a $hit" mode. i respect the legal and illegal things, however, my dont give a $hit mode was directed towards how this was brought up and how certain people are treating the situation and treating ppl that are in this group tht are also in some of yalls other groups. there is nothing needed to be done with our group and keeping us off trails, just because we went one day on some small trails, does not mean its going to be the next one tht is going to be banned or tht for any other trails. we will continue to wheel and enjoy trails, if we cross lines, let us know in a reasonable fashion.
oh and as for reporting people, my name is kevin middleton, i live at 6000 dolvin lane. i drive a 2000 gray tj. oh and just incase the cops or anyone else needs to contact me any further, 678 763 2825

KEEP JEEP'N!
Enough with the excuses, you won't get that past the majority of us here.

It is up to YOU to know where you are, what is legal and what is not legal. PERIOD

How it was brought up is irrelevant - IGNORANCE OF THE LAW IS NO EXCUSE.

I'm glad the video was taken down, and while others here may be somewhat empathetic, I am not. I hope you and your group do suffer legal consequences to your actions. In fact it pisses me off even more that you can even try to justify this crap behavior.

Reasonable fashion??? Seriously do you think the greenies that got a hold of that video will use it against us in a "Reasonable" fashion??? Do you have any idea what kind of hours - volunteer unpaid hours after our day jobs that we spend on fighting for your right to wheel???

I will leave you with a bit of advice:

Apologize profusely - publicly, and go forth and educate others - forever. That is the only path to your redemption in this community.

Bebe
Old 02-24-2011, 09:37 PM   #22 (permalink)

Member # 184202
if your talking about nick d'andria...he is not the one to blame.
if youd like to blame someone, blame me. thts why my info is on here.
the pics and vids were already being uploaded before being told it was illegal.
how were we to know that what nick was told, was the truth?
we have done nothing wrong other than go on some trails for a few hours tht arnt the best of trails, oh, and make some people upset. but other than that, this all can be dropped. everyone go about thier clubs, groups, whatever, and keep jeep'n.
and bebe, sorry your so worked up. we will go our ways, you go yours. and nothing is going to happen other than some warnings maybe. we know now, everything is done. sorry youve never broken the law, its ppl like you we all WANT to be.
middleton_tj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 09:53 PM   #23 (permalink)
flamethrower

Member # 75270
Worked up?? I'm not worked up.

You really think being a smart-alec is going to appease? The more you defend yourself the deeper you dig your hole.

I said what I had to say - all you need to do is apologize for F%^&$ing up. Admit what you did could cost us all. Then make sure all your friends know what they did and make sure all y'all have some on those free pieces of paper called maps before you go out 'wheelin' again.
Old 02-25-2011, 05:09 AM   #24 (permalink)

Member # 158189
Nevermind we aint gonna take down this thread. I have never dealt with such and ignorant group. One of you chronies sent me a msg and told me that he went into the rangers office and told him what he had done and he was told it was OK. Hell, the ranger even told him that its ok to ride atvs on national forest!
DO YOU THINK WE ARE STUPID? Anyone with half a brain knows better than shit. I tell you what, since yall think it is still legal, try and come back and do it again and let me know when your coming. NUFF SAID!
Old 02-25-2011, 08:04 AM   #25 (permalink)

Member # 184202
okay guys, sorry.
hope yall continue to ruin things.
bye
middleton_tj is offline   Reply With Quote