Okay so i just got online. i really appreciate your help with this. i plan on having 35 inch tires. i also have a lot of long side shafts for the 44. the reason im sticking with it is cuz all it needs is new locking hubs and my mounts of course. it already has 4.10s so thats whats im going with. the 60 has discs and all the bearings are solid si ill just repack them. theres some rust on the spindle and the pumpkin needs to be cleaned out(blasted)
hey whats up? so im following your 1 ton build thread with the 44 anduple questions as to how to start with the drivetrain. i bought the 44 and 60aleady and i have a clean slate to build on.
1. what did you do for the hub assemblies? rebuild kits? can you give me some sources?
2. what about wheels? do the bolt patterns match up? i think my 60 is an 8 lug.
3. what did you use for frame mounts for the 4 link up front? are they custom length DOM?
4. how did you mount the coil seats and shock mounts on the 44? steering ram or just a dampener?
5. i need gears for the 60. can you recommend a strong name? im locking the rear with a detroit locker more than likely.
6. what about the driveshafts can you tell me? all thats on the 60 is the pinion and its siezed. how would you recommend going about a full restore?
id really like to get with you on this. im really excited to start my firts in depth build. ive built jeeps before but not to this extent. my name is preston