Mog info - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Brand Specific Tech > Mercedes
Notices

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-11-2003, 01:59 PM   #1 (permalink)

Member # 10739
Exclamation Mog info

I tried searching but dont have a ton of time. Can you tell me about the mogs? I am wanting to buy one and dont know what to look for. What engines, trannys, tcases, years, model numbers. Please anything to help. I appreciate it alot. Are these road worthy? How do they do it hot weather? Any info or a site would be great!
scraprock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2003, 07:43 PM   #2 (permalink)

Member # 2708
Send a message via MSN to coachgeo
road worthy....

404: sure..... but not if you plan "averaging" over 50ish mph.... and expect to do 30mph or slower on upgrades.

Keeping it above 55 for too long has a tendancy to burn out the bushings in the transmision. Off road no transmision problems. these are designed to be tractorish so dont expect highway use to be simular to avg. truck.

406 and up. No transmision problems with bushings. (tranny redesigned). You move into the average 55mph range, Maybe 35mph and lower on upgrades.

U1300 and up. Next true redesign. 55-60mph cruise average easy. Higher speeds possible if ya dare. Upgrades not as slow.

Mogging friends; If I missed anything or miss represented a Mog model then please pipe in and correct me.

I have put FAQ pages at the top of page here in this forum. Check them out. It will reduces ur search time for info. Web sites are listed particularly in the thread about where to buy a mog.

[i]"I work on a fishing boat. I started as a Apprentice Baiter. Now I am a Journeyman baiter. One day I hope to make Master Baiter". (By DEnd)[/i]
coachgeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links