High compression heads for Mog - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Brand Specific Tech > Mercedes
Notices

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-09-2006, 07:02 AM   #1 (permalink)

Member # 72586
High compression heads for Mog

There is an "important" message at the top from coachgeo that I am unable to open up the links it contains. I saw on another board that it contains the list of cars that have a high, relatively speaking, head that can be moved unto a 404. Also, is there any instructions out on the Internet for doing this. It seems there is no search ability here, I keep getting a message saying it is temporarily disabled.

Thanks for the help!
Doug
dogbert4pres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2006, 08:28 AM   #2 (permalink)

Member # 63836
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogbert4pres
There is an "important" message at the top from coachgeo that I am unable to open up the links it contains. I saw on another board that it contains the list of cars that have a high, relatively speaking, head that can be moved unto a 404. Also, is there any instructions out on the Internet for doing this. It seems there is no search ability here, I keep getting a message saying it is temporarily disabled.

Thanks for the help!
Doug
http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showt...wa#post1675963
wilson1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-09-2006, 10:52 PM   #3 (permalink)

Member # 2708
Send a message via MSN to coachgeo
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogbert4pres

Thanks for the help!
Doug
At the top of the thread where you found the dead link (/forum/mercedes/143224-popular-tech-search-queries.html) there is a description of how to still get the info these links use to take you too by using Google or the likes. Below is a copy
Quote:
..... you can use Google Advance search and put Pirate4x4.com in the appropriate website to be searched box. This is labled Domain in Google. Of course fill in your SEARCH KEY CODE too. I've edited in the SEARCH KEY CODES below....

[i]"I work on a fishing boat. I started as a Apprentice Baiter. Now I am a Journeyman baiter. One day I hope to make Master Baiter". (By DEnd)[/i]
coachgeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006, 08:31 PM   #4 (permalink)

Member # 72586
What is the satisfaction with those that have down the head conversion?
dogbert4pres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006, 11:29 PM   #5 (permalink)
Wheeler

Member # 12488
Significant increase in power, in fact it is the single best "bang for the buck" power upgrade you can do on the stock 2.2L

You will be raising your compression from 6.8-7.0 to 8.7-9.5 depending upon the cylinder head used. This equates on a dyno to about 12-15 hp, which on a motor with 90HP....is huge.

Make sure you get a good core....and definitely make sure your machine shop is familiar with MB aluminum heads and the fact that they usually need to be straightened BEFORE the machining process. We see a lot of cylinder heads destroyed by the bowtie hack who should never have been given the opportunity to machine the head. If in the Bay Area, Star Machine in Emeryville is your best bet for quality MB machine work.

Cheers,

Scott
Vallejo, CA 94590
707-643-6757
Unimog/Pinzgauer/Haflinger
singham is offline   Reply With Quote