Slk 4x4? - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Brand Specific Tech > Mercedes
Notices

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-18-2002, 04:29 PM   #1 (permalink)
4xdork

Member # 3263
Slk 4x4?

ya seen this guy?

http://www.jimrogers.com/
ARMY TRUCK STOLEN!
fcfred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2002, 04:59 PM   #2 (permalink)
4xdork

Member # 3263
http://4x4abc.com/JimRogers/prehistoric.html
ARMY TRUCK STOLEN!
fcfred is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-18-2002, 08:29 PM   #3 (permalink)

Member # 2708
Send a message via MSN to coachgeo
Good Read

Yeah this stuff Ive seen and it is a good read. Creativity is last stop of true learning of something.. yet the creative task can roll on endlessly.

In this case... definately Roll on...

[i]"I work on a fishing boat. I started as a Apprentice Baiter. Now I am a Journeyman baiter. One day I hope to make Master Baiter". (By DEnd)[/i]
coachgeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2002, 11:39 PM   #4 (permalink)
Zeus of the Sluice

Member # 9722
Me and a few of my 4x4 buddies saw a guy that was doing a similar thing in a yellow D90. We saw this huge yellow D90 with UN painted on it. It was right after 9-11 so we thought it was some kind of United Nations truck. It was cruising down the beach in corpus christi tx heading south. We talked to the guy a while and he was a retired German special forces guy who was traveling around the world. He was on his way to Mexico.

His rig was insane. It was a D90, it had expanded metal covering all the windows. The bottom had huge gas and water tanks. It had a water filtration system that could purify water to live off of. He said that he could live out of his D90 for 30 days. He carried a laptop which he updated his web page with, and he also could order parts from his D90 from Land Rover in UK which would be shipped overnight to where he was at the time.

The thing was one of the coolest things iv'e ever seen, I've never been able to find his web page though. At first I thought this could have been it, but it's not.

Still cool though.
TexasBlake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2002, 09:52 AM   #5 (permalink)

Member # 8871
Send a message via AIM to road1will
Quote:
Originally posted by IndianaBlake
Me and a few of my 4x4 buddies saw a guy that was doing a similar thing in a yellow D90. We saw this huge yellow D90 with UN painted on it. It was right after 9-11 so we thought it was some kind of United Nations truck. It was cruising down the beach in corpus christi tx heading south. We talked to the guy a while and he was a retired German special forces guy who was traveling around the world. He was on his way to Mexico.

His rig was insane. It was a D90, it had expanded metal covering all the windows. The bottom had huge gas and water tanks. It had a water filtration system that could purify water to live off of. He said that he could live out of his D90 for 30 days. He carried a laptop which he updated his web page with, and he also could order parts from his D90 from Land Rover in UK which would be shipped overnight to where he was at the time.

The thing was one of the coolest things iv'e ever seen, I've never been able to find his web page though. At first I thought this could have been it, but it's not.

Still cool though.
not the same guy, but heres a similar trip:

www.travelswithrover.com

ive met these two before, awesome people. cool rig. they just got back from south america a few months ago.

road1will is offline   Reply With Quote