Extreme Rally Fun Race 4x4 Venezuela 2009, I Válida: 20, 21 y 22 de Marzo - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Regional Forums > Mexico
Notices

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-17-2009, 12:05 PM   #1 (permalink)

Member # 90866
Talking Extreme Rally Fun Race 4x4 Venezuela 2009, I Válida: 20, 21 y 22 de Marzo

RALLY FUN RACE 2009

YouTube - Team hilux Fun Race 4x4 Tachira-San Cristobal

YouTube - Fundación Fun Race

FIA WRC® MEXICO #62 CLASE A6

KING OF THE HAMMERS® LCQ #44 TEAM MEXICO

“Don't always walk on the smooth roads, walk ways that no one has traveled before, so as to leave behind traces and not only dust…”
[/b]

Last edited by MXRRA®; 09-04-2010 at 10:09 AM.
MXRRA® is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 12:08 PM   #2 (permalink)

Member # 90866
Thumbs up Team viper listo para darle duro!

TEAM VIPER/ ROBERTI PISTOLEROS RACING TEAM LISTO PARA COMPETIR EN EL RALLY!

LAND CRUISER 1 #317
ALBERTO ROBERTI...PILOTO
ENRIQUE ZUMOSA...CO-PILOTO
MARIA LARA... NAVEGANTE
CARMEN DE ROBERTI...NAVEGANTE

LANDCRUISER 2 #319
CARLOS ROBERTI...PILOTO
XIMENA ALEGRIA ... NAVEGANTE
ALFREDO ROJAS.. NAVEGANTE
JOSE MANUEL PONCE...NAVEGANTE (Primer Mexicanito que participa en Venezuela 4x4)

“Don't always walk on the smooth roads, walk ways that no one has traveled before, so as to leave behind traces and not only dust…”
[/b]

Last edited by MXRRA®; 09-04-2010 at 10:10 AM.
Sponsored Links
Old 03-17-2009, 12:23 PM   #3 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 5851
Send a message via AIM to KacksterK5
Hey Ponce, translate it to Engrish

86 4Raisin A bunch of stuff under it

02 Chevy 2500 HD Tow Rig
KacksterK5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 07:01 AM   #4 (permalink)

Member # 90866
Rally in south american jungle

I will bro, we are driving down south today 14 hours with all the racing gear into the southern jungle where the race begins tommorrow.

Mounted an on board cam with the Roberti Bros Team where I am co driving,

Here is video of what the action will be like, there are 500 rigs racing 290kms in 2 days!

YouTube - FUN RACE 4X4 TEMBLADOR 2007 V VALIDA

These little land cruiser rigs are tuff and yesterday all the guys were getting their rigs ready! The beer down here is strong and cheap, and the gas is practically free. These guys can fill up their rigs for $3 USD! Yes complete fuel tank for $5 bolivares fuertes! No wonder these guys race for 290kms!

[/b]

Last edited by MXRRA®; 09-04-2010 at 10:11 AM.
Old 03-19-2009, 01:36 PM   #5 (permalink)

Member # 55830
Buena Suerte Hermano ! ! !

see ya here for MOROC
chivas72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 08:20 PM   #6 (permalink)

Member # 90866
Thumbs up Racing in piranha country

YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! Just arrived back to civilization in the city of Bariquismeto, Lara,Venezuela and slowly recovering from this awesome rally!

I would like to start of by thanking Alberto & Carlos Roberti & familiy for inivting me down hosting me while my visit. These guys and their family remind me so much of the Campbells and how they treat us when we see them everytime. Thanx Don again for all your advice.

I would also like to thank the following for making me feel like a rock star and at home down here in Venezuela: Oh yeah And for all the Polar Ice Beers! Thses guy never once ran out of Beer!!!
Alberto Roberti and his wife for the invite and hosting me
Carlos Roberti for allowing me to race in his team and hosting me
Their mom Sra. Carmen Roberti
Jimena Alegria, Alfredo Rojas, Chino and Mary Lo of Team Vipe/ Roberti Pistoleros Racing Team for showing me how to run this race and new gps secrets
Felipe Montilla for hosting me and showing me around the first day.
Felix Reyes & Family for letting us use his shop to prep the rigs and pre party there.
Alirio Alias el pinche Chino of Team Guaros Venezuela for all the bongo and stories.
All the team of Guaros Venezuela Team for the pinche stories
Luis and all the Fun Race Staff
Nathaly Acosta of Sin Flash Media
Sabrina Salvador and Claudia of Global Vision Fun Race TV
Tony, Lalo, Abran, & Benbo of Team Viper Hilux
Amigos de gerencia Fun Race that shared some stories and again gave me some free beer.
Arturo Merizalde, Luis P., Alberto Gomez, Federico Diamante y resto del Extreme Fun Race Staff
TECATE Beer
Tobasco Hot Sauce

The adventure all began while landing in Caracas at midnight and Alberto and Felipe picked me up, we practically raced for 4 hours to Barquismeto, slept for awhile and at around 8am we were at their sponsors shop, VIPER 4x4, prepping the rigs. Then around 11am the Polar Ice beer showed up and it was like being at the Campbells BBCUE shop party.

The next day we drove down south towards small village of Soledad where the ORINOCO, widest river in south america runs. I kept seeing this on the 3 gps and laptop that we had in the Toyota Land Cruiser FJ70 alias ¨Machito¨ = ¨Mulita¨ = ¨Little Mule¨ just like the flick romancing the stone. That is what they call these rigs down here. I recall this from my world geography course back in the day but was not sure. Everytime I asked about this river all the team would smile and tell me just hold on tight when you see the river and watch out for the piranhas, later I experienced racing along the slippery sandy river beds with some killer trenches and river crossings, praying that we did not get stuck and had to get out of the rig, and end up the first pinche beaner to get munched by some fish.

The Machitos rigs were all pretty much equipped the same. Except for the extreme class that had larger tread and some were even supercharged. You can only race with Toyota rigs but next year their will be an open class. Though I did see one Chevy Pre Runner also racing in the Tourist Class this time, probably the main event owners son. Sealing your engine for river crossing was a major prep for all the rigs and I learned plenty about what and how to make your rig ready. I guess you could compare this race to KOH o WRC since every car had to go thru a similar tech check, and lauched every 1min intervals, but with the only difference here was that we had to find the waypoints and no prerunning was allowed. This was fun. Got to do some rock crawling to find several way points. Our team ran 2 rigs each with 4 persons - 2 always ready to jump out and explore and find the right lines and help out in any rescue necessary. You always had what they called Conejos 0 rabbits that would be on your tail trying to follow you when you found the right line or they simply were lost and took a chance that you knew the right way. We actually did some donuts and left some false tracks to confuse the rabbits. We ended up coming in 1 hour ahead of our scheduled finish time so I guess some of those false tracks worked. The next team was about 15 minutes behind. Some showed up very late with lots of carnage.

We raced from 8am until 6pm, gps showed 200 kms by the end of the first day. The second and last day was only half day about 50 kms in total. The rigs were now showing more carnage and teams were tired. Saw one with no rear windows, these guys flew and rolled during the sandy river bed crossings.

Every night at camp was like a mini thunderdome full of toyota landcruisers. There was music, bb cue aromas, and bongo party till like midnight. The second night was the same but this time you saw more teams working on their rigs. One of the teams next to us who was also a Viper sponsored team, broke their whole axle and worked on it all night, they managed to finish the race. They raced a hilux and were very fast.

Results, fotos and tv coverage will be posted soon. And from the word we heard we ended in the top half. Somewhere during those donuts we missed a waypoint But we all had a blast!

Got to meet plenty of teams and also two fellas that displayed their supercharged toyo that they will be racing in the Outback 2009 race.
I also managed to convince the GUAROS team to join the ROBERTI team as guest stars from VENEZUELA for the MXRRA ROCK RACING RALLY 2009 com Dec 5-6 in Planet GTOROCKS. Guanajuato Mexico. We made a pact and they signed it. We also worked out a superb deal and will be racing in Venezuela in 2010 in one of these MACHITO Toyo rigs!

By the way Lance, these guys want to see you Camo and Jessi come cover their event.

If anyone esle is interested to come race let me know

AGRADECIMIENTO

HOLA MIS AMIGOS VENEZOLANOS BONGOS!

Les escribo aqui el mexicanito para darles las gracias del corazon por todo.
Especialmente a ALBERTO Y CARLOS ROBERTI Y FAMILIA. Al team pistoleros (Ximena, Freddy, Chino, Sra. Carmen, y Mari Lo).
CARLITOS Y ALBERTO aca los esperamos en Guanajuato...donde no vale nada la vida.

Gracias tambien a mis nuevos amigos que me ayudaron sentirme como si estuviera en casa...
Felipe Montilla...nos vemos para dec!
Felix Reyes & Family y VIPER 4x4
Chino Moto de Viper
Alirio alias el pinche Chino de Team Guaros Venezuela, aca te espero para dec! Carbon gracias por decirme que habia pinche piranhas en el rio!
Team Guaros Venezuela...que onda cabrones!
Luis y todo el staff de Fun Race
Nathaly Acosta de la revista Sin Flash
Sabrina Salvador y Claudia de Fun Race TV
Tony, Lalo, Abran, y Benbo del Team Viper Hilux
Julian y Jackson
Amigos de gerencia Fun Race
Y a la pinche POLAR ICE y SOLERITAS
y a don que prepara las ricas arepas de perico ahi por el taller del Felipe

Aprendi bastante de todos y este tipo de racing, ahi estare listo para darle duro de nuevo en 2010 pero ahora voy de pinche piloto maldito Felicidades a todos los teams y ahora ya vi que esos FJ70 MACHITOS jalan con madres, mucho mejor que un jeep.

Espero que todos ya se anden recuperando del resaque y joda que nos pusimos este fin. Que viva VENEZUELA! Uds si son malditos para este deporte motorizado!!!

Para la proxima hay que ir a casar una lapa para asarla

Saludos el mexicanito,
PONCE
GTOROCKS RACING TEAM
www.gtorocksracing.com

MAS TARDE SUBO LOS VIDEOS QUE SAQUE!

[/b]

Last edited by MXRRA®; 09-04-2010 at 10:14 AM.
Old 03-23-2009, 11:43 PM   #7 (permalink)

Member # 100457
Looks like fun, thanks for sharing that with us!
Rock On!
RockHer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 07:26 AM   #8 (permalink)

Member # 90866
Bongo!

Hey Becca,

Thanx. Start looking into coming for the MXRRA bongo! Dec 5-6 so no SEMA excuses

You know what to expect down here, but this rally is going to be a bit different

Take care and say hi to el pinche Dustin y Mikey.

Ponce

[/b]
Old 03-24-2009, 08:26 AM   #9 (permalink)

Member # 55830
Bad Ass Bongo ! ! !

the thing that caught my eye in your write up was AROMAS. Reminded me of a song..."Warm Smell Of Colitas, Rising Up Thru The Air"

When do you get back to Laredo ?

Be safe ... aqui te esperamos
Old 03-24-2009, 10:30 AM   #10 (permalink)

Member # 13104
looks like a time to enjoy the country glad you made out ok
Old 03-24-2009, 01:25 PM   #11 (permalink)

Member # 17623
Send a message via AIM to Highsociety
Ponce,

Hell I figured you would end up fish food. Looks like it was a blast wish Heath and I would have had a ride we would have givinen you a taste of redneck driving.
See you in Houston.

2011 sponsors:

SMORR.net
Pit Bull Tires
S&S Auto
Edmonds Dental Prosthetics
Indian Ridge Resort
Ballzout Lifstyle
John's 4x4
KORE
Raceline
Highsociety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 02:33 PM   #12 (permalink)

Member # 90866
Thumbs up Red Neck Racing

Gracias Bros,

Hey Heath you and Louie better get ready for another BONGO at MOROC!

This time I bringing over some MEZCAL, hope you guys enjoyed that Aquavit at KOH

We can talk more about the MXRRA Rock Racing Rally over there...and you should not worry my uncle that used to live in Guanajuato was from West Paducah Kentucky and he taught some Shake and bake tricks

Good to always hear from you fellas. Tell Brandon I said BONGO! Hope his arm heals for MOROC.

[/b]

Last edited by MXRRA®; 03-24-2009 at 02:36 PM.
Old 03-24-2009, 05:34 PM   #13 (permalink)

Member # 90866
Talking Team pistoleros

Ponce, ALBERTO Y CARLOS ROBERTI con amigos de TEAM VIPER.

[/b]

Last edited by MXRRA®; 09-04-2010 at 10:16 AM.
Old 03-26-2009, 02:32 PM   #14 (permalink)

Member # 90866
Talking

OPRIMEN AQUI PARA VER TODA LA CUBRETURA DE SIN FLASH MEDIA- CLICK HERE TO SEE ALL SIN FLASH MEDIA COVERAGE

Como dato de interés, esta válida contó con un participante extranjero, José Manuel Ponce, quien viajó desde México para formar parte de este primer encuentro junto a un amigo venezolano en la categoría Estándar. El azteca describió la competencia como “padrísima” y culminó convencido de regresar el próximo año para representar a su país.

Gracias Nathaly Acosta de Sin Flash Media

[/b]

Last edited by MXRRA®; 09-04-2010 at 10:21 AM.
Old 03-26-2009, 02:48 PM   #15 (permalink)

Member # 55830
WTF ?

they looking for sponsors too ?

i think thye already have a web site its like 20 bucks a month, very cool cool page

you need to get taht chcik in the braces over here

We are in the process of getting the Bronco more trail Ready for the Moroc Event

my jeep might end up as donor rig because of the short time span

I can promise at least a bottle of my personal stash to end up in spring for Heath, Branden and Louie to enjoy

see ya in a couple of days
Old 04-01-2009, 10:42 AM   #16 (permalink)

Member # 90866
Results and more pics

Click here to see the complete Galleries take by FUN RACE TV

Click here to see the results for this race- Our team #317 & 319 ended up in 16th and 44th place out of 95 rigs in our category. In total there were about 200 rigs running.

LAND CRUISER 1 #317 - 16th place out of 95 teams
ALBERTO ROBERTI...PILOTO
ENRIQUE ZUMOSA...CO-PILOTO
MARIA LARA... NAVEGANTE
CARMEN DE ROBERTI...NAVEGANTE

LANDCRUISER 2 #319 - 44th place out of 95 teams
CARLOS ROBERTI...PILOTO
XIMENA ALEGRIA ... NAVEGANTE
ALFREDO ROJAS.. NAVEGANTE
JOSE MANUEL PONCE...NAVEGANTE

Click here to see the TEAM ROBERTI PISTERLEROS / TEAM VIPER racing Landcruisers #317 y 319

[/b]

Last edited by MXRRA®; 09-04-2010 at 10:24 AM.
Old 04-12-2009, 10:11 AM   #17 (permalink)

Member # 90866
Videos - footage

OPRIMEN AQUI PARA VER VIDEOS - CLICK HERE TO SEE SOME FOOTAGE

[/b]

Last edited by MXRRA®; 09-04-2010 at 10:29 AM.