"Evil Twin" Samurai Twin Stick $140 shipped to the lower 48! - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Vendor's Marketplace > Motor/Tranny/T-Case Performance
Notices

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-08-2007, 08:56 PM   #1 (permalink)
Zeus of the Sluice

Member # 12647
Send a message via MSN to TruckTrader
"Evil Twin" Samurai Twin Stick $140 shipped to the lower 48!

"Evil Twin" Samurai Twin Stick $140 with free shipping to the lower 48!

I am now selling the transmission tunnel boot for an additional $20. This is my cost on these, they are custom made by my local interior shop and are very high quality.

Order here using a credit card or paypal www.zukeviltwin.com

In stock now and ready to ship!.

This is a premium quality twin stick for your Suzuki Samurai! This kit is made up of:

*Super strong shift levers made from 4340 alloy steel
*Machined billet aluminum bushing (replaces t-case shift seat)
*two shift handles. Handles need to be bent to shape and welded in place for your particular application.
*Two comfort grip knobs
*Dowel pin
*Rubber O ring
*Transmission tunnel boot - optional

You must remove your shift rail interlock ball from the t-case prior to using this kit. A lower shift boot is not included, but we are working on one and will offer it to our customers at cost when it's done. In the meantime, a heavy duty rubber glove is very effective at sealing it up. I will post up pics later this week of the complete unit.

If you want the cure for insomnia, you can read the build thread here http://pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=548136
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Formula Toyota #034
TruckTrader is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-09-2007, 11:14 PM   #2 (permalink)

Member # 90656
Additional assembly instructions

For those of you who do not (or did not) need instructions, we sent out the pre-ordered "Evil Twin" kits this week without instructions so that you would have the kits in hand and could begin to assemble, install, and enjoy them. The "quick and dirty" instructions above in this thread should help you to assemble your kit.

A couple of things to note in addition to the instructions in the thread:

1) Do not confuse the left and right hand levers - they are different and will only fit one way. The right hand lever is the one with the notch in it. The notch faces forward.

2) Be certain to remove the shift sheet - the bushing will not seat in the shift tower unless you do this.

3) The O-ring goes inside of the stock shift retainer cup and is designed to apply upward spring pressure to the cup so that it will lock in place.

4) When welding the handles to the levers, make certain that the diagonal chamfer at the top of the lever is facing backwards. On the right hand shifter, the lever surface to be welded to the handle is the one with the notch in it. Weld each handle to each lever in a way that allows the levers to clear each other when installed in the bushing.

5) Once the handles are bent and welded to the levers, it is easiest to assemble the Twin Stick by placing the levers through the retainer cup, the O-ring, and into the bushing. Now slide the fulcrum pin into the bushing and through the levers

6) The levers should fit into the bushing with the bushing oriented such that the slots for the levers are farther to the left side of the shift tower.

7) Before installing the twin stick in the transfer case shift tower, make certain that the transfer case is in 4WD - High as this is the easiest position to get the lever tips to drop into the shift rails. You will probably have to jiggle the assembly to get it to drop in as the levers fit very snugly into the shift rails.

8) I used a pair of long offset nose needle nose pliers to twist the retainer cup in place - clears the handles and turns easily.

9) Reminder - You will not be able to select 2WD Low unless you remove the interlock ball from the transfer case. This is the ball that is between the shift rails.

For those who are waiting for instructions, I am working on an assembly manual with illustrations for you which I hope to finish within the next few days. It will be in Adobe PDF format and I'll be emailing it to each person to whom we've sent a kit. For those who can't wait - I hope that this is helpful...

Alan

1975 Lola T-342 Formula Ford (Yeee-ha!)
1975 Merlyn Mk29 Formula Ford
1983 Renault Sports Racer
1988 Samurai JX - [I](5.12s, locked, diff guards, 6"SPOA/YJs, RS9000s, full armor, 4.16 tcase/bucket, twin stick, etc )[/I]
SammiEngineer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Old 08-19-2007, 03:57 PM   #3 (permalink)

Member # 64712
Do you have to pull the case apart to remove the dedent ball?
Old 08-19-2007, 10:15 PM   #4 (permalink)

Member # 90656
RE:Interlock ball removal

Quote:
Originally Posted by suepahfly View Post
Do you have to pull the case apart to remove the dedent ball?
Yes, you do, but it's really pretty simple and doesn't require much mechanical ability. The FSM has a very quick and easy section on how to disassemble/reassemble it and the interlock ball is obvious on the exploded view. Remember to keep the detent balls that hold the shift rails in place and remove only the interlock ball - it's the one that is between the shift rails in the center case.
I found that the easiest way to remove it once the center case is separated from the rear case is to remove the plug (Allen plug), spring, and Hi-N-Lo detent ball from the case, then pull the Hi-N-Lo shift fork and rail from the case as a unit. DO NOT remove the 2WD-4WD shift rail. The interlock ball will fall out of the case - be certain to retrieve it so that it doesn't end up floating around in the case after you reassemble it. After the interlock ball is out, reinsert the rail, place the detent ball and spring back in the appropriate center case hole, and then replace the Allen plug. Slap the case back together with some gasket sealer/gasket or silicone, reinstall, and refill with gear oil and you're ready to go...

Alan
1988 Samurai JX - [I](5.12s, locked, diff guards, 6"SPOA/YJs, RS9000s, full armor, 4.16 tcase/bucket, twin stick, etc )[/I]

Last edited by SammiEngineer; 08-19-2007 at 10:18 PM.
Old 08-24-2007, 10:53 AM   #5 (permalink)

Member # 90656
Instruction Manuals for the "Evil Twin" Kit

I've had the instruction manual finished for a while now and I've been working on converting it to an Adobe PDF file, but the conversion software keeps distorting the dimensions of the the diagrams and templates. In spite of my multiple attempts at generating a PDF file, I've had to resort to "snail mailing" hard copies to all of you who have placed advance orders. If you have received your "Evil Twin" kit without instructions, PM me your snail mail address and I'll get your instruction manual to you.

All kits ordered from now on will have instruction manuals included with the parts kit.

Sorry for the inconvenience,

Alan
Old 09-12-2007, 05:55 AM   #6 (permalink)

Member # 98696
I want one!
To be correct, 2 friends off mine want one to, so that makes 3 (for now).
Only problem is we live in Belgium Europe. Do you ship to Europe as well?
irish wolfie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-13-2007, 09:34 PM   #7 (permalink)
Zeus of the Sluice

Member # 12647
I would be happy to ship them anywhere in the World for the actual cost of shipping. I received your address on your PM and I will get a quote for you tomorrow.

Formula Toyota #034
Old 09-28-2007, 11:20 AM   #8 (permalink)

Member # 90656
Technical Update

Technical Update -

As of 9/10/07, all of the left shift levers (Hi-N-Lo) have been updated and are of the modified design (thanks to all of those who previously commented on this). All of the kits shipped since that date and going forward are of the modified design and fitment/action should be "bug free" for all Samurai transfer case applications.

The transmission tunnel boots are in production and available per Vince's previous post.

I am still working out molding issues with the shift tower boots... I'll keep you posted on the progress with this one.

Thanks,

Alan
Old 10-14-2007, 08:27 PM   #9 (permalink)
Zeus of the Sluice

Member # 12647
In stock, ready to go. You can now pay with credit card or paypal!

www.zukeviltwin.com

Formula Toyota #034
Old 02-05-2011, 11:10 AM   #10 (permalink)

Member # 129595
i need to get one but your site is down
stumpjumper20 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-15-2013, 01:01 PM   #11 (permalink)

Member # 252906
Warning on evil twin stick!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TruckTrader View Post
"Evil Twin" Samurai Twin Stick $140 with free shipping to the lower 48!

I am now selling the transmission tunnel boot for an additional $20. This is my cost on these, they are custom made by my local interior shop and are very high quality.

Order here using a credit card or paypal EvilTwin Home

In stock now and ready to ship!.

This is a premium quality twin stick for your Suzuki Samurai! This kit is made up of:

*Super strong shift levers made from 4340 alloy steel
*Machined billet aluminum bushing (replaces t-case shift seat)
*two shift handles. Handles need to be bent to shape and welded in place for your particular application.
*Two comfort grip knobs
*Dowel pin
*Rubber O ring
*Transmission tunnel boot - optional

You must remove your shift rail interlock ball from the t-case prior to using this kit. A lower shift boot is not included, but we are working on one and will offer it to our customers at cost when it's done. In the meantime, a heavy duty rubber glove is very effective at sealing it up. I will post up pics later this week of the complete unit.

If you want the cure for insomnia, you can read the build thread here Anybody want a twin stick? - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Have built multiple modified sammi's... Have multiple friends with modified sammi's... All who have bought and used the Evil Twin Stick ended up loosing their transfer cases. Everything from bearings to complete blow up. There is no way to completely seal the top shifter inputs. Their recommendation is to use a rubber glove? Yea, I called and questioned that and the great salesman still talked me into buying it. A transfer case rebuild later, including a new housing because water not only took out the bearings so quickly that it ate into the housing and ruined it to. I even paid to have it professional installed so that there was no mistakes, but that was the reason/run around by the Evil Twin Sticks sales/warranty department. DO NOT PURCHASE THIS ITEM you will have nothing but problems. You expect having to change your t-case oil after a day of wheeling with water crossings etc. but with this EVIL item you can damage a t-case before your even into the first half of a trip.

If you really have to have one... please buy mine... cheap... no warranties of any kind extended by me. And you have been warned. REMEMBER THEY WANT TO SELL THEIR ITEM... I HAVE NOTHING TO GAIN FROM YOU... take the advise
jtheye is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-15-2013, 01:45 PM   #12 (permalink)
Zeus of the Sluice

Member # 12647
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtheye View Post
Have built multiple modified sammi's... Have multiple friends with modified sammi's... All who have bought and used the Evil Twin Stick ended up loosing their transfer cases. Everything from bearings to complete blow up. There is no way to completely seal the top shifter inputs. Their recommendation is to use a rubber glove? Yea, I called and questioned that and the great salesman still talked me into buying it. A transfer case rebuild later, including a new housing because water not only took out the bearings so quickly that it ate into the housing and ruined it to. I even paid to have it professional installed so that there was no mistakes, but that was the reason/run around by the Evil Twin Sticks sales/warranty department. DO NOT PURCHASE THIS ITEM you will have nothing but problems. You expect having to change your t-case oil after a day of wheeling with water crossings etc. but with this EVIL item you can damage a t-case before your even into the first half of a trip.

If you really have to have one... please buy mine... cheap... no warranties of any kind extended by me. And you have been warned. REMEMBER THEY WANT TO SELL THEIR ITEM... I HAVE NOTHING TO GAIN FROM YOU... take the advise
I posted this reply on your other post re:flat towing also -

We are not a large company, just a couple of Samurai enthusiasts in the garage that tried to fill a need in the market. I don't recall ever speaking to you and don't consider myself a "slick" salesperson. If you had an issue, you never contacted me. Since I'm the only one taking calls and emails I guess that makes me the "warranty" department too.

I'm sorry to hear of your issues. Is it possible that your deep water crossings caused your breather to leak? That may be a source of water as well if not properly modified. I really question why you would join a site just to slam someone, but if you have a problem and needed help I'm here. We have hundreds of these in use around the world and you're the first person to report this type of issue.

We're not pushing the sale of these as this is more of a hobby than a business. We are not motivated to deceive anyone as this is not our main source of income. I wish you luck with your projects and encourage you to reach out and try to resolve issues with vendors in a more appropriate manner in the future.

Formula Toyota #034
Old 03-06-2013, 02:19 PM   #13 (permalink)

Member # 121426
Well Said!

Well said!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

** A VERIFICATION EMAIL IS SENT TO THIS ADDRESS TO COMPLETE REGISTRATION!! **

Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.