Summer Gloves - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > General Tech > Motorcycles/ATVs
Notices

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-05-2012, 08:19 AM   #1 (permalink)
Insurance poor

Member # 140853
Summer Gloves

What are y'all wearing for summer gloves? I need something with good air flow for those 100* days here in Texas. Seems how Cycle Gear has sold out to "Bilt". Everything in there is "Bilt" bilt bilt bilt they just seem cheap and don't fit me very well. They don't carry the gloves I like anymore and the dealers are to expensive plus "we have to order it".

Anyways, I use to use Olympia Sports http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com...or-Gloves.aspx then switched to the Icon Twenty-Niner http://www.jakewilson.com/p/51/-/238...orcycle-Gloves Both have been good, but I was looking at these Scorpions and like them http://www.jakewilson.com/p/51/-/238...orcycle-Gloves Anyone try these? Any other suggestions for an under $50 summer glove?

'84 CJ7- all stock farm rig, except a bunch of gun racks

'79 CJ5- not stock- way too much to list
Rttoys is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 10:02 AM   #2 (permalink)

Member # 3007
I know you are looking at sport bike gloves, but none of those protect much if at all and are shit quality and will fray. I prefer padding on my palms and armor on my knuckles.

I ride sport touring bikes and I wear some army tactical glove I got that are kind of a cross between these two. I can't find the ones I have which are years old and were $20. I like them for the $$. Otherwise I usually just wear leather work gloves from the farm store. Once broke in they are very comfy.

I have a pair of 3 season gloves from Aerostich that are disco'ed. I like em, but not a fan of gloves that go past my wrists. Makes it too much of a fuss with the jacket.
Bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-05-2012, 11:14 AM   #3 (permalink)
Insurance poor

Member # 140853
I loved the Olympia with Gel in the palms when my riding was 90% sport bike, but they don't seem as comfy on my FZ1. I do still use my old ones for when I'm on the 4-wheeler, though.

I have to agree the quality is junk on most of them. I tore the stiching on the Icons about a month into using them I bitched about the sweat shop kids and how they can't do shit right anymore.

I know the protection of the hard knuckle would be best, but I just haven't found a pair that fit me right. I'm going to hit a couple of bike shops this afternoon and see if they have anything to try on. The hardest part is finding a place that just has a bunch in stock to try.

Old 04-06-2012, 07:28 AM   #4 (permalink)
Granite Guru

Member # 123683
I just wear motocross gloves in the summer. Not very protective if you dump it, but they are comfortable and breath well. All of the major brands, and some cheapo's, work well. Just try some on and see what fits you good.
Jules083 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 06:10 AM   #5 (permalink)
Insurance poor

Member # 140853
I did run by the Honda shop in the area and they had a few gloves to try on. I liked the Scorpion gloves I mentioned before, but they didn't have my size, so I ordered them online. We will see how they go.

Old 04-08-2012, 12:38 PM   #6 (permalink)

Member # 12780
Send a message via Yahoo to SCOTTS_4X
I love my Thor ride gloves. Have lasted over a year on and off my hands every day. Mostly just w thick moto glove with a little bit more knuckle protection. Have been down 2 or 3 times on dirt roads and still holding up fine.

-scott
Old 04-08-2012, 09:08 PM   #7 (permalink)

Member # 124887
I have always had good luck with Fox dirtpaws.