Motorcycle Financing - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > General Tech > Motorcycles/ATVs
Notices

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-30-2012, 04:18 AM   #1 (permalink)

Member # 211705
Motorcycle Financing

Where is the best place to get financing for a cruiser style motorcyle? Low 700 credit score but the only thing in my wife has in her name has ever been was a credit card that i've had for about 1 year. Trying to get me a toy and get her credit started up also.
Old 04-30-2012, 05:21 AM   #2 (permalink)

Member # 64838
Probably the easiest would be through the manufacturer of said motorcycle, they all have financing. I've noticed a ton of commercials touting "get out and ride" type incentives that are going on right now though they are probably dependent on your credit score. Not sure what the banks/credit unions have going on, you just have to shop around.

Last edited by blown84gt; 04-30-2012 at 05:22 AM.
blown84gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-30-2012, 05:27 AM   #3 (permalink)

Member # 75624
Motorcycle Financing

I'd use my credit union/bank unless I planned on paying it off in a year or so.(before the special offer ends) Typically they hold better rates.
Old 04-30-2012, 05:48 AM   #4 (permalink)

Member # 211705
The lowest my credit union interest rate is 7%. Yamaha has 3.99 for 3 years right now. I would pay it off before them 3 years was up so that may be the way we end up going.
Old 05-01-2012, 06:31 PM   #5 (permalink)

Member # 162162
pay on it for at least 1 year. if you pay it off too early it dings your credit for some reason
vintagestrat08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 09:06 PM   #6 (permalink)

Member # 56092
Quote:
Originally Posted by bearslayer2829 View Post
Where is the best place to get financing for a cruiser style motorcyle? Low 700 credit score but the only thing in my wife has in her name has ever been was a credit card that i've had for about 1 year. Trying to get me a toy and get her credit started up also.
How far away are you from Knox county? Check out knoxville TVA employees cu. You don't have to work for TVA to join, but I think you have to live in certain county's to join. I picked up a new hd street glide in maryville yesterday and got 1.79% for 60 months.
d_hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 10:21 AM   #7 (permalink)

Member # 211705
Quote:
Originally Posted by vintagestrat08 View Post
pay on it for at least 1 year. if you pay it off too early it dings your credit for some reason
Yeah i've did that on several vehicles and personal loans and banks have told me this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_hawk View Post
How far away are you from Knox county? Check out knoxville TVA employees cu. You don't have to work for TVA to join, but I think you have to live in certain county's to join. I picked up a new hd street glide in maryville yesterday and got 1.79% for 60 months.
I'm about 45 mins to an hour away from Knoxville. You pick it up at smokey mountain?
Old 05-03-2012, 10:25 AM   #8 (permalink)
Zeus of the Sluice

Member # 22104
Suzuki has 0% for 60 through Sheffield. One of my favorites to work with on the OEM side.

If you go with the 3.99 Yamaha, ask to go through GE for the 3.99 INSTALLMENT loan. Tons of folks have the best intent to pay off the revolving card early and it bites them in the ass.

The 3.99 payment they print on your statement will not pay off the loan in 3 years and if you have a slow month it is easy to just pay the minimum and catch up later.

The revolving cards are gambling that you lose that bet.
Old 05-03-2012, 10:31 AM   #9 (permalink)

Member # 211705
I'll check into them as well. I can't join TVA FCU because I don't live in one of their counties that they support.
Old 05-03-2012, 06:20 PM   #10 (permalink)

Member # 56092
Yeah, I got it from smokey mtn. I live in Chattanooga now but the salesman at the dealership 5 miles from my house was pretty arrogant. That along with being $2k cheaper convinced me to drive the 80 miles to get a bike. Did tvafcu flat out say you could not be a member? Their website says if you live, work or attend church in any of the listed county's you can become a member. Are they going to call the pastor to double check if you are there every Sunday?

Last edited by d_hawk; 05-03-2012 at 06:22 PM.
d_hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 09:47 PM   #11 (permalink)

Member # 211705
Quote:
Originally Posted by d_hawk View Post
Yeah, I got it from smokey mtn. I live in Chattanooga now but the salesman at the dealership 5 miles from my house was pretty arrogant. That along with being $2k cheaper convinced me to drive the 80 miles to get a bike. Did tvafcu flat out say you could not be a member? Their website says if you live, work or attend church in any of the listed county's you can become a member. Are they going to call the pastor to double check if you are there every Sunday?
I've heard good things about Smoky Mtn. I doubt they will call the preacher to check but with my luck they would
Old 05-29-2012, 07:49 PM   #12 (permalink)

Member # 211705
Ended up buying a 2012 Yamaha stryker.