4x4 Avt - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > General Tech > Motorcycles/ATVs
Notices

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-20-2001, 09:42 AM   #1 (permalink)
Wheeler

Member # 5538
Send a message via AIM to BIGSTIC Send a message via Yahoo to BIGSTIC
4x4 Avt

So I have ridden them alot but now I am looking at getting one. The ones I have ridden are a Polaris 500 with the auto transmission and the other was a Suzukie 400 with a peddal shifter. I cant remeber the models but i Think the Polaris was a sportsman. I liked to ride the polaris better than the zuk but the Polaris was in the shop all the time.

What do you guys recomend. It will be used for pretty much whatever I feel like doing at the time. I want it quick and not god awful heavy. One thing to know is I am 6'6" so it need to be comfortable. I always thought the Polaris was a comfortable ride. Send out the suggestions cause right know I am just puting out the feelers at the dealers.

Thanks
Kevin

Click Above ^^^^^^

"In America, we like everyone to know what we are doing anonymously" Jay Leno

For the best deal on 8 lug disc brakes click here--> www.lugnut4x4.com
BIGSTIC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2001, 02:48 PM   #2 (permalink)

Member # 7791
You may want to check out the Arctic Cat 500i, Prairie 650, Grizzly 660, Sportsman 700, and Sportsman HO that you rode before. Each of these is pretty different, but they all have their ups and downs. It really comes down to if you want a CVT or auto clutch transmission. I THINK the Arctic Cat has an auto clutch version of their IRS lineup. The 660 seems to have heat problems with a really mushy suspension as well as being somewhat underpowered. The 650 has the best power with a sporty suspension and rugged design. The 700 is the HD of the bunch and has the HD weight as well. It will be the most expensive but comes with many great features. The HO is probably towards the back of the pack but still is a great bike even though it is heavy. I guess it depends on if you want zerk fittings, auto, auto clutch, IFS, swing arm rear, specific colors, certain prices, etc etc. I moderate at www.highlifter.com . It is an ATV forum that I highly recommend as the company is all about making your bike badd to the bone
The_Law is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-23-2001, 06:02 PM   #3 (permalink)

Member # 2297
the grizz. is a sweet ride for sure and comes with lots of goodies...
Old 01-02-2002, 08:10 AM   #4 (permalink)

Member # 8216
Go with a Polaris 700 or 500HO, both kick ASS.
61_chevy_4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2002, 09:21 PM   #5 (permalink)

Member # 9071
I have a 01 grizzly 660, and let me tell you, i dont think they have made a better machine for all around riding. I specially ordered the camo edition, big wheel kit w/blackwater xt tires, and a warn winch. total cost was $8200, but it is definatly well worth it! it has unbelievable power, extremely fast for a 600lb machine(top speed of around 70mph) and when you lock it in 4 wheel differential lock LOOK OUT!! It goes anywhere and climbs anything! I would definatly look into getting one for your self, I promise you, you will not be dissapointed.
BIG-BAD-DODGE1 is offline   Reply With Quote