Prairie 360 Drive belt - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > General Tech > Motorcycles/ATVs
Notices

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-28-2006, 05:24 PM   #1 (permalink)

Member # 13291
Prairie 360 Drive belt

How do I adjust the drive belt on my 03 Kawasaki Prairie 4x4 cammo. I took the cover off and cannot find out how to adjust the belt. The light comes on and says to check the belt. Don't know if it needs to be replaced, it looks really good though. any tips would be appreciated.
Old 12-31-2006, 09:59 AM   #2 (permalink)

Member # 324
The light comes on every 100 hours thanks to the lawyers. There is a guage to measure the width, and a spec for deflection which is about an inch at i think 13 lbs of pressure but not sure on that as its been awhile. The light can be turned off by switching a couple of plug ins around. Find someone in your area that knows how or take it to the dealer. It only takes a minute to reset the light.
Old 12-31-2006, 01:07 PM   #3 (permalink)

Member # 9423
Location: Newcastle, CA. But don't ask me where the Old Castle is
Send a message via Yahoo to evenBIGGERrock
I'm guessing it would be similar to my 650 so here's what I've got.
To make the actual adjustment, you take the driven pully off and add or remove some shims. (if you need to add shims, you can get them in various thicknesses at the dealer). It's not terribly labor intensive, but there are a couple tricks to the process. As for checking the tension to know whether or not you actually need to adjust it, that's even easier but you'll need to get the specs on how much deflection.

My advice, if you don't want to mess with a dealer and are willing to do a couple hours of your own wrenching, just spend the 35 bucks and buy the service manual.

Also, I haven't been there in quite a long time, but I used to find a lot of really good info at atvconnection.com (at least I'm pretty sure that's what it was called.)
Old 01-06-2007, 05:32 PM   #4 (permalink)

Member # 54080
there is a green plug and a gray plug,,,,,, unhook them both, and switch the green into the gray, and the gray into the green, wait 13 sec......thenunhook them and put the right colors back together.....should fix it, did for us.
Kegan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

** A VERIFICATION EMAIL IS SENT TO THIS ADDRESS TO COMPLETE REGISTRATION!! **

Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.