Anyone here in a 1% MC or been in a club??? - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > General Tech > Motorcycles/ATVs
Notices

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-11-2009, 02:59 PM   #1 (permalink)

Member # 9275
Send a message via Yahoo to purevil71
Anyone here in a 1% MC or been in a club???

Bumped into some of our local Outlaws at a bike event close to here a while back. They were pretty nice guys actually, and were pushing for new members at the event as well as selling "support your local Outlaws" shirts and such. I declined not being quite what they are looking for in a future member...lol. Also talked to a few members of the Sons who were basically doing the same thing.

Anyway, I've never personally ridden with any 1% clubs, or know any club members on a person level, but the 1% clubs have always intrigued me. I would like to join a club of some sort (Booze fighters would be cool...lol), but not a 1% club. But has anyone here even been involved with a 1% club and are they really as bad as the news makes them out to be?

ZookiMelt FB Page:
[url]http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100003375889081[/url]
purevil71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 03:21 PM   #2 (permalink)
W.E.ROCK CEO

Member # 3123
Send a message via Yahoo to Big Rich
Uncle was one of the OG's of the Devils Henchmen.... no other comment, except i would not join
Thanks to our marketing partners: MAXXIS Tires, Trail Gear, NITTRO Gear and Axle, ARTEC Industries, Branik Motorsports, ASR Recovery Gear, SpiderTrax, Dirt Skins, Metal Cloak, Crown Automotive, SuperChips, PSC Steering, Fox Shocks, Axel Off Road, Currie Enterprises, PCI Race Radios

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZUKROVER
4 wheeling sure changes when there is a crowd and cones.
http://www.werocklive.com
530-417-5333

http://www.facebook.com/people/Rich-C-Klein/541920521
http://twitter.com/werocklive
http://www.myspace.com/daddyrocks

( @ Y @ ) ( * Y * ) ( . Y . )

Big Rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-12-2009, 08:14 AM   #3 (permalink)

Member # 9275
No plans on joining a 1% club, like I said, I doubt I'm the type they are looking for: as in no arrest record, I have a job, I ride a nice Harley, brothers a LEO, I could go on...lol

But, the outlaw clubs have always intrigued me and I was just wondering if anyone has had any first hand experience with them.

ZookiMelt FB Page:
Old 09-13-2009, 08:20 PM   #4 (permalink)

Member # 142274
Agreed w Big Rich.

My uncle rode with the Sons of Silence and the Angels (i think) later in his life. I remember him telling me stories as a kid. While it made for good stories over beers later in my life, I want no part of that lifestyle.
Old 09-15-2009, 03:57 PM   #5 (permalink)
Wheeler

Member # 31913
Quote:
Originally Posted by purevil71 View Post
brothers a LEO.
Why don't you ask your brother what he knows of them?

I have heard the law enforcement is trying to crack down on them, especially on the federal level. Apparently tensions are extremely high right now between the O.L.s and the H.A.'s. There is even a legislator in southern Indiana that wants to introduce legislation to prohibit people from carrying fire arms while on a bike.
The feds are currently trying to take away the Mongol's colors (thier patch/logo) under part of the RICO laws, and I'm sure they'll go after others next if they were successful.

So, was the event that you attended, the Boogie?
Old 09-15-2009, 04:58 PM   #6 (permalink)

Member # 4391
Send a message via AIM to punkskalar
They recruit a bunch of weekend warriors to keep the funds flowing... Most of the newer recruits find out they are just suckers for giving the $$, but still like to call themselves a 1%er... New Recruits = cash inflow
Old 09-25-2009, 02:29 PM   #7 (permalink)

Member # 142736
rode with a mayhem crew for a while. a lot of good is done but a lot of bad also. stay away and just njoy your 2 wheeler is my advice
jakemac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 04:25 PM   #8 (permalink)
-------

Member # 13671
I work with a guy who is a Scorpion out of Dallas. They finally got permission to open a chapter here. He's a great guy and wont talk about the "off the clock" stuff they do but i get the idea. His words- "If you're married and have a family im not going to recruit you." I think that about sums it up.
45acp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 04:41 AM   #9 (permalink)

Member # 35034
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kennedy View Post
The feds are currently trying to take away the Mongol's colors (thier patch/logo) under part of the RICO laws, and I'm sure they'll go after others next if they were successful.
As far as I know, the feds have already confiscated the Mongol's colors. They are just riding under black and white right now.

You find out about the entire MC culture (1% or not) if you are in an MC. If you fly colors, it's because you are in a power club or someone let you fly. One of my best friends rides with the Boozefighters and I would love to get involved in that club but work and family take way too much of my time.
Old 09-26-2009, 09:35 AM   #10 (permalink)
4" penis

Member # 2931
i work with a hells angel...he has the signs of getting beat up/down at least everyother week on his face his stories arent all that exciting, people(the hicks and oakies i work with) would rather listen to how i rolled my truck in the mountains over the weekend it seems...

1997 fzj80 with asian won tons

Irok radial/bias 36/37" spares for 17" wheels for sale$50-75/each.
Booger Weldz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 10:24 AM   #11 (permalink)

Member # 9275
Quote:
Why don't you ask your brother what he knows of them?

I have heard the law enforcement is trying to crack down on them, especially on the federal level. Apparently tensions are extremely high right now between the O.L.s and the H.A.'s. There is even a legislator in southern Indiana that wants to introduce legislation to prohibit people from carrying fire arms while on a bike.

So, was the event that you attended, the Boogie?
Yea, it was the Boogie. It's right in my back yard (I live about 4 miles from the ABATE park), so I see a lot of the clubs riding through town here (Bedford). Some of the Outlaws were at our local store and everyone was avoiding them like the plague, so they asked me for directions to get back into town and to the boogie (I was on my bike). Like I said, seemed like nice enough guys, but I know who they are and what they stand for.

But yes, my brother and I have had MANY conversations about the various clubs in my area.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kstatecruiser1 View Post
As far as I know, the feds have already confiscated the Mongol's colors. They are just riding under black and white right now.

You find out about the entire MC culture (1% or not) if you are in an MC. If you fly colors, it's because you are in a power club or someone let you fly. One of my best friends rides with the Boozefighters and I would love to get involved in that club but work and family take way too much of my time.
There is a Indiana Chapter of the Boozefighters, but not close enough for me to join. Too bad cuz I'd love to be a part of that crew. There are a couple of AMA sanctioned clubs that I'm looking into, but haven't made up my mind yet. But, having a family and other hobbies really limits my choices. Plus the whole, not into breaking the law thing kind of holds me back as well...lol

Like I said, I've always been curious about the big 1% clubs, and even some of the smaller one's. I like reading/learning about them and have found a couple of web sites that list all of the different clubs both 1% and AMA clubs.

ZookiMelt FB Page:
Old 09-28-2009, 11:55 PM   #12 (permalink)
Custom User Title

Member # 50639
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkskalar View Post
They recruit a bunch of weekend warriors to keep the funds flowing... Most of the newer recruits find out they are just suckers for giving the $$, but still like to call themselves a 1%er... New Recruits = cash inflow
New also provide an innocent cover for what's really going on and an outlet when things go bad.

1% Motorcycle clubs have very little to do with motorcycles....
Rattlecan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 06:06 PM   #13 (permalink)
Wheeler

Member # 31913
Quote:
Yea, it was the Boogie. It's right in my back yard .
Thats cool. I've made the ride down to Boogie each of the last three years. Good times.
The O.L.'s are there every year. This year though seemed to be the first year that I can remember them selling goods (i.e. support tshirts and such).
Old 09-30-2009, 06:16 PM   #14 (permalink)

Member # 3547
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rattlecan View Post
1% Motorcycle clubs have very little to do with motorcycles....

LOL. Yea, 1% clubs are about motorcycles like the Mafia is about Italian cooking and family values
BillaVista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 10:28 AM   #15 (permalink)

Member # 9275
Quote:
Thats cool. I've made the ride down to Boogie each of the last three years. Good times.
The O.L.'s are there every year. This year though seemed to be the first year that I can remember them selling goods (i.e. support tshirts and such).
keep me in mind the next time you're down this way and i'll show ya around. Some of the best riding in the area and I'm smack in the middle of it.

I also notice a booth set up with a few of the S.O.S. and Outlaws working it together, I always thought those two clubs hated each other, but they sure didn't seem to at that booth. there was a couple of the Christian clubs at the booth with them, so mebbe they were just playing nice for them...lol

And the Outlaws selling t-shirts and peanuts, whats up with that...lol

ZookiMelt FB Page:
Old 10-01-2009, 06:49 PM   #16 (permalink)
Wheeler

Member # 31913
Quote:
keep me in mind the next time you're down this way and i'll show ya around. Some of the best riding in the area and I'm smack in the middle of it.

I also notice a booth set up with a few of the S.O.S. and Outlaws working it together, I always thought those two clubs hated each other, but they sure didn't seem to at that booth. there was a couple of the Christian clubs at the booth with them, so mebbe they were just playing nice for them...lol

And the Outlaws selling t-shirts and peanuts, whats up with that...lol
Actually, I think the SOS support the O.L.s. Next time you see one, try and see if they have a "Support Local Black and White" or a "Support your O.L." or something of that nature on thier colors.

I'll try and keep that in mind next time I'm down that way on the bike, I doubt though that I'll make it back down there this year. I like going and getting myself "lost" down there, losts of scenic places, and fun roads to ride.

Oh, and I have no clue why they were selling peanuts... we were joking that 1 in 10 bags probably included a "special" nut... lol
Old 10-02-2009, 09:08 AM   #17 (permalink)

Member # 9275
Quote:
Actually, I think the SOS support the O.L.s. Next time you see one, try and see if they have a "Support Local Black and White" or a "Support your O.L." or something of that nature on thier colors.

I'll try and keep that in mind next time I'm down that way on the bike, I doubt though that I'll make it back down there this year. I like going and getting myself "lost" down there, losts of scenic places, and fun roads to ride.

Oh, and I have no clue why they were selling peanuts... we were joking that 1 in 10 bags probably included a "special" nut... lol

I was watching a show the other day called "Gangland" and they were talking about how much the Sons hated the Outlaws, but they both hate the Angles, so mebbe they have merged. I know the Son's and the Outlaws are both supposed to be top tier clubs, and both have chapters in Indiana. Of course, the Outlaws started in Chicago. The Son's in Colorado.

ZookiMelt FB Page: