opinions on the trek 4900 - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > General Tech > Mountain Bikes
Notices

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-05-2002, 12:12 PM   #1 (permalink)

Member # 13582
opinions on the trek 4900

poor college kid took the advice of his buddies with the trek 490 and i ordered one...seems pretty solid for a 500 dollar bike...anyone out there got one and hate or love it?

www.misfitoffroad.com
UP_ROKTOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2002, 08:10 PM   #2 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 9144
Send a message via AIM to DozerDan
I got a buddy who just got the 4900, he got disk brakes on his, and so far he loves it. I run on a 6500 and have beat that bike all to shit. Still holds up nice. The front shocks are entree level at best. Other than that it is a decent beginning bike.

Good luck with it

Fear is not an option!
DozerDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-06-2002, 06:25 PM   #3 (permalink)

Member # 13582
well i piced the bike up today and took it for a good 2 hour ride including some fire roads single trak downhills blah blah blah basically an all around good fun trial iwth easy and tough stuff(remember i havent been on a bike in 6 years) anyway i had a BLAST the bike seems to ride pretty sweet and seems to like me almost as much as i like it...i know the components are more entry level but i am more concerned about cheap durability(like my TOY) then i am high performance(once again like my toyota lol) anyway it was a blast

www.misfitoffroad.com
Old 09-10-2002, 09:46 PM   #4 (permalink)

Member # 7583
Location: Stephenville, TX.(small hic town outside of Ft. Worth)
Send a message via AIM to RadioFlyer91
Trek is a really good brand. My roomate ownes 2 of them an 820 that he bought 3 years ago and has beat the hell out of it and it still performs pretty good and his newer bike a 6700 has had it for little over a year and has but some pretty good poundings on it and they both hold up great. I myslef just bought a Trek 4500 and love it to death, got it Sat. afternoon and have gone for a ride on it at lest once a day seance then. We (me and my roomate) do a combo of mountain bike riding and trials riding and if yall know anything about tirals it put a bike threw hell and these Treks hold up real well.
Justin<><

[URL=http://www.tarleton.edu/students/jwillms/index.HTML]Justins Website[/URL] <-----------Version 2.2 !Released!

91 Ranger with a 302 pushing power to an 8.8 via an AOD
RadioFlyer91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2002, 07:36 AM   #5 (permalink)

Member # 13582
well i have been riding the piss out of that bike for about a week now and no major problems...i did mess my pedal up by clnging it off a rock super hard but nothing major..jsuta little bearing click...anyway so far so goood the bike kicks serious ass i really like it....thanks for the input guys

www.misfitoffroad.com
Old 09-12-2002, 10:25 AM   #6 (permalink)

Member # 7583
Location: Stephenville, TX.(small hic town outside of Ft. Worth)
Send a message via AIM to RadioFlyer91
Sweet gald you like it and hope you have a blast with it.
Justin<><

[URL=http://www.tarleton.edu/students/jwillms/index.HTML]Justins Website[/URL] <-----------Version 2.2 !Released!

91 Ranger with a 302 pushing power to an 8.8 via an AOD
RadioFlyer91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2003, 08:19 PM   #7 (permalink)

Member # 13582
Well its been almost a year, and still no major problems at all. My buddy just picked up a kona dog or some crazy whacky shit. That thing is badass, makes me hate my trek, although i spent about a 1/4 of what he did Anyway for a 500 dollar bike its holding up pretty well to a LOT of trail riding

www.misfitoffroad.com