What's the ingest tire you would run with a np205 t case - Page 2 - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > General Tech > Mud
Notices

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-03-2012, 12:42 AM   #26 (permalink)

Member # 15354
Send a message via AIM to iniviate
Quote:
Originally Posted by cslimfu View Post
I think i have some footage of you. It is sorta a "hey look over there honey at that truck in the bounty hole. He looks like he is pretty far, how long has he been going?" One hundred percent accurate. Not talking shit, just the way it is. I wish I could figure out how to get my vids from there to youtube. I have them all to a disk in no real order.

i know.... and luckly, i don't bog to impress others.
Old 03-03-2012, 09:11 AM   #27 (permalink)
On a pale horse

Member # 12042
Send a message via Yahoo to Proeliator
Quote:
Originally Posted by iniviate View Post
[B]i like matt & buster. both of their trucks are impressive. i hope this doesn't come off as talking shit, cause i didn't intend for it to. i'm just saying there are two ways to go about it
Its all good, we just have different perspectives. I come from a racing background so I'll confess I'm pretty biased with it comes to motors
'73 F250, 533 on N2o, 35spln chromo Superior/CTM D60/D70, twinsticked 205, hydro-assist, f&r lockers, 46" Titan R1s. Videos: bad ass ford - YouTube Bad Ass Ford2 - YouTube
Proeliator is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-03-2012, 11:29 AM   #28 (permalink)

Member # 15354
Quote:
Originally Posted by Proeliator View Post
Its all good, we just have different perspectives. I come from a racing background so I'll confess I'm pretty biased with it comes to motors
i do too.... but i can't afford the 1000hp+ motors that it takes to spin a 60" tire like that.

so, instead of sitting on the hill. i'll build something i can afford and can still go everywhere anybody else can go.
Old 03-03-2012, 12:17 PM   #29 (permalink)

Member # 167730
Hell Iniviate I would like to see some footage of your truck with the new Cummins in it! I have always liked your truck. Hope to maybe see you in Perry one of these days if we ever make it over there.
mudmoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 01:34 PM   #30 (permalink)

Member # 15354
Quote:
Originally Posted by mudmoose View Post
Hell Iniviate I would like to see some footage of your truck with the new Cummins in it! I have always liked your truck. Hope to maybe see you in Perry one of these days if we ever make it over there.
this is all i have of it at the moment.... i'll get some this weekend though.

Ready for Pudding Creek! - YouTube

there is some of it at 13:10 here, but the transmission is slipping pretty bad. it ended up getting rebuilt after this. you can also see the S10 from earlier in this thread with a cummins in it now. although, that has been pulled and it got a different cummins installed in the rear now.

TGW at Soggy Bottom - December 2011 - YouTube
Old 03-03-2012, 07:18 PM   #31 (permalink)
On a pale horse

Member # 12042
Quote:
so, instead of sitting on the hill. i'll build something i can afford and can still go everywhere anybody else can go.
So, you're saying somebody with your size tires and the resulting clearance couldn't go places you wouldn't be able to go if they had the power to spin said tires at 7k?

The crazy thing is how cheap power has gotten to build. You can build a 1000hp 385 series bbf for 10k, for shits sake. Mine hits that but only if I "cheat" with the nitrous. With the available parts and comparatively low prices its never been better to be a big motor guy.
'73 F250, 533 on N2o, 35spln chromo Superior/CTM D60/D70, twinsticked 205, hydro-assist, f&r lockers, 46" Titan R1s. Videos: bad ass ford - YouTube Bad Ass Ford2 - YouTube
Old 03-03-2012, 08:09 PM   #32 (permalink)

Member # 15354
Quote:
So, you're saying somebody with your size tires and the resulting clearance couldn't go places you wouldn't be able to go if they had the power to spin said tires at 7k?

correct.

i'll be glad to play follow the leader with any truck on 72's.

perry is next weekend. pick out a big truck you want me to follow around and i'll do it.

Quote:
The crazy thing is how cheap power has gotten to build. You can build a 1000hp 385 series bbf for 10k, for shits sake. Mine hits that but only if I "cheat" with the nitrous. With the available parts and comparatively low prices its never been better to be a big motor guy.
yep... i don't have too much more than that in my whole truck, including the motor.

let's also not forget, you need a transmission to hold up to that. also need a big boy fuel system. you're also not likely to be running pump gas, either.

if i was going to build a big motor truck, it would be on 14.9's (49's), not 30.5's (72's)..... but yeah, i'm gonna stick with what i can afford.
Old 03-03-2012, 08:53 PM   #33 (permalink)
On a pale horse

Member # 12042
Quote:
correct.

Whoa there, nelly. Harkening back (yes, I just said "harken" ) You went out to prove me wrong before and found NWesque mud that easily overcame your stock motors power to spin the R2s clean resulting in your being stuck.

Sooo, you're saying you can go anywhere a truck with the same tires but triple the horsepower (with the resulting ability to clean their R2s) can??? And yes, we all know you said "I'd be glad to follow the leader" but I think we also all know that you were implying that you could perform as the built motor truck/similar tires in deep mud.

I call shenanigans.

edit:
Quote:
yep... i don't have too much more than that in my whole truck, including the motor.
I will say that I'm impressed with the fact that you don't have much more than 10k into your whole truck. You can't get much more fun for the buck than that. I've got about that into just my motor, for shits sake

Last edited by Proeliator; 03-03-2012 at 08:59 PM.
Old 03-03-2012, 09:29 PM   #34 (permalink)

Member # 167730
[QUOTE=iniviate;14090120]this is all i have of it at the moment.... i'll get some this weekend though.

Ready for Pudding Creek! - YouTube

there is some of it at 13:10 here, but the transmission is slipping pretty bad. it ended up getting rebuilt after this. you can also see the S10 from earlier in this thread with a cummins in it now. although, that has been pulled and it got a different cummins installed in the rear now.

Damn yall had a lot of diesels there that day. So how do you like the Cummins vs. your 6.0? The truck is looking good. I just had my transmission rebuilt also. Putting it in tomorrow and see how the truck runs now.
mudmoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 10:42 PM   #35 (permalink)

Member # 15354
Quote:
Whoa there, nelly. Harkening back (yes, I just said "harken" ) You went out to prove me wrong before and found NWesque mud that easily overcame your stock motors power to spin the R2s clean resulting in your being stuck.
you're right. you can clog up an R2..... as i said above, i'm still not sure it matters.

i don't know what you're trying to imply about me getting stuck, but i get stuck a lot. it's because i don't care about jumping off into an impossible hole. that's the whole point of this, isn't it?

Quote:
Sooo, you're saying you can go anywhere a truck with the same tires but triple the horsepower (with the resulting ability to clean their R2s) can??? And yes, we all know you said "I'd be glad to follow the leader" but I think we also all know that you were implying that you could perform as the built motor truck/similar tires in deep mud.

I call shenanigans.

it happens every event.... which truck on 65 to 72" tires do you want to put up against mine?

how about this..... since i built this truck in '09, i've entered a bunch of bounty holes. i'd say the average bounty hole has 10 trucks in it, with pudding creek being 15+ usually.

1st place - 6/09 - pudding creek (guessing at the date, can't find anything on youtube to verify)
4th place - 10/09 pudding creek (1st and 2nd were floaters, 3rd had taller tires and big HP)
2nd place - 11/09 - dirtfarm (taller tires won)
2nd place - 12/09 - dirtfarm (taller tires won)
2nd place - 7/10 - pudding creek (1st floated)
2nd place - 9/10 - boggin bunnell (1st was faster)
last place - 5/11 - boggin bunnell (broke, temp sensor)
2nd place - 10/10 - soggy bottom (1st was faster by .1 seconds)
3rd place - 10/10 - pudding creek (1st & 2nd floated)
1st place - 5/11 - hogwaller
2nd place - 10/11 - pudding creek (1st was taller tires & floated.
8th place - 12/11 - soggy bottom (broke transmission)

those are the ones i remember off the top of my head... you'd think, if my truck didn't pull very good, i'd finish towards the back of the pack.

Last edited by iniviate; 03-03-2012 at 10:43 PM.
iniviate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 11:54 PM   #36 (permalink)
GREEN BASTARD!!!

Member # 123458
OK, the florida guys version of mud is way off as compared to the pnw. In florida it's not really mud but more of watered sand. This is from what I have seen from my trip down to perry. If you havent been there to see it, you really cant talk shit on it. Seth, me and my wife are planning on going again to perry. I will cover half of you're airfare to go. we will book a package trip and u can pay us later. Gonna book for the october tgw event. You will not regret going. My offer stands, book with us and we will pay half youre airfare. I will show you all the recipts.
Old 03-04-2012, 12:39 AM   #37 (permalink)

Member # 15354
Quote:
OK, the florida guys version of mud is way off as compared to the pnw. In florida it's not really mud but more of watered sand. This is from what I have seen from my trip down to perry. If you havent been there to see it, you really cant talk shit on it. Seth, me and my wife are planning on going again to perry. I will cover half of you're airfare to go. we will book a package trip and u can pay us later. Gonna book for the october tgw event. You will not regret going. My offer stands, book with us and we will pay half youre airfare. I will show you all the recipts.

yea, most of it is peat..... way better than clay, IMO. i mean really, who wants to bog in concrete? the stuff sucks to bog in, it sucks to wash, it destorys seals like crazy. fawk that stuff.... i'd quit bogging if that's all that was around here.

with that said, we do get clay around some parts though. here is the 11/09 dirtfarm from above. i wasn't on much bigger tires back then and still did better than all of the HP trucks.

DirtFarm Bounty Hole - YouTube
Old 03-04-2012, 05:35 AM   #38 (permalink)

Member # 209855
inivate your truck is sick as hell. ide kill to own that thing!!!!!
ape902 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 04:02 PM   #39 (permalink)
On a pale horse

Member # 12042
Quote:
you're right. you can clog up an R2..... as i said above, i'm still not sure it matters.

i don't know what you're trying to imply about me getting stuck, but i get stuck a lot. it's because i don't care about jumping off into an impossible hole. that's the whole point of this, isn't it?
My only point is that if you had substantially more motor and could actually spin those tires clean at high rpm in deep thick mud, you would make it through stuff that previously got you stuck. As I recall our previous debate stemmed around you claiming you had all the power you needed and that the R2s couldn't get clogged, so you didn't need the power to really spin them. Well, we know how that worked out...but like I already said kudos for going out and being straight up about the results.

Ultimately, your truck is cool, I just think its a bummer its got a stock motor pushing all that drivetrain & tire is all. Clearly, it does what you want it to do so that's all that really matters. Its just that I'm really impressed with what you've done with the rest of the truck, so I think its deserving of a big alky 605

Quote:
Seth, me and my wife are planning on going again to perry. I will cover half of you're airfare to go. we will book a package trip and u can pay us later. Gonna book for the october tgw event.
Dude, that is a totally generous offer Tell you what, I'll consider going but if I do I'll pay my own way. Not saying I won't let you buy the beer, though I'll let you know, thanks.

edit:
Quote:
yea, most of it is peat..... way better than clay, IMO. i mean really, who wants to bog in concrete? the stuff sucks to bog in, it sucks to wash, it destorys seals like crazy. fawk that stuff.... i'd quit bogging if that's all that was around here.
Yea, I wish ours up here wasn't so ridiculous with clay...it is like concrete and sucks all around. Sure, it makes things challenging but trying to get that stuff out after blows monkey balls.

Last edited by Proeliator; 03-04-2012 at 04:11 PM.
Old 03-04-2012, 04:13 PM   #40 (permalink)
GREEN BASTARD!!!

Member # 123458
I am a person who likes to travel more than a few hours away and always want to sleep in my own bed. When we went, I loved every minute of it and not just @ the bogs. We were there 2 days before and 2 days after. It was great and we r gonna move there. 4 years will be the soonest, but we are. Its a good time for shire and I was feeling generous about it. May of been the pile of Busch light pounders having something to do with it. Who knows, offers there. Late October, I think the dates are already set, but I am on my phone.
Old 03-04-2012, 06:32 PM   #41 (permalink)

Member # 15354
Quote:
My only point is that if you had substantially more motor and could actually spin those tires clean at high rpm in deep thick mud, you would make it through stuff that previously got you stuck. As I recall our previous debate stemmed around you claiming you had all the power you needed and that the R2s couldn't get clogged, so you didn't need the power to really spin them. Well, we know how that worked out...but like I already said kudos for going out and being straight up about the results.
while i did manage to clog up my tires....... i'm still not sure more horsepower would have made a difference.

Quote:
Ultimately, your truck is cool, I just think its a bummer its got a stock motor pushing all that drivetrain & tire is all. Clearly, it does what you want it to do so that's all that really matters. Its just that I'm really impressed with what you've done with the rest of the truck, so I think its deserving of a big alky 605
it's a stock motor out of a different vehicle now.... and it's even got bolt on's. probably a new turbo(s) after perry too.

if i had bankroll for a big alky 605, i'd do that.... but i don't.

Quote:
Dude, that is a totally generous offer Tell you what, I'll consider going but if I do I'll pay my own way. Not saying I won't let you buy the beer, though I'll let you know, thanks.
if either one of you make it down here, i've got a beer for 'ya and you're more than welcome to ride in my slow pile...
Old 03-04-2012, 06:34 PM   #42 (permalink)

Member # 15354
Quote:
Late October, I think the dates are already set, but I am on my phone.

Oct 26-28th
Old 03-06-2012, 03:44 PM   #43 (permalink)
HIGHLY CONTROVERSIAL

Member # 66936
Send a message via AIM to MUD SLUT
Quote:

perry is next weekend. pick out a big truck you want me to follow around and i'll do it.

BIG Inch BBC
PG
2-SCS's
4-Wheel Steering
14,000lbs

2008 GMC 3500HD CCLB SRW
6.6 LMM DURAMAX ALLISON
EFI LIVE
Pro Rock D60
MUD SLUT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 05:31 PM   #44 (permalink)

Member # 15354
Quote:
Originally Posted by MUD SLUT View Post

let's get it awn!

(no homo)

Last edited by iniviate; 03-06-2012 at 05:32 PM.
iniviate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 05:37 PM   #45 (permalink)
On a pale horse

Member # 12042
Quote:
let's get it awn!
Hells yea! Friendly competition is always fun

Quote:
(no homo)
Old 03-07-2012, 07:09 PM   #46 (permalink)
Wheeler

Member # 181997
Quote:
[B]
hell yeah. bog all day, go the same places as everybody else... and never even get the bottom of your shoes dirty.

plus, when you get home... you don't have to wash as much.

sounds like a win/win to me.
I just spent half a day pressure washing the bronco, was hell to get the undercarriage cleaned out after last wekends "festivities"..... gotta say that you have a win there.

I think you already ceded Seths point though, if you had the money big power would be in the truck.
Old 03-08-2012, 07:13 AM   #47 (permalink)

Member # 15354
Quote:
Originally Posted by crs msl View Post
I think you already ceded Seths point though, if you had the money big power would be in the truck.

i'd have more power because it's fun, not because i think it'll go farther.
Old 03-08-2012, 07:55 PM   #48 (permalink)
GZ
Wheeler

Member # 176008
Quote:
i'd have more power because it's fun, not because i think it'll go farther.
For any big bog truck, with exceptions of very few, more power leads to less actual drive time. Toby's truck will run ALL day long where a 1,000hp plus motor can't hang run time wise. I've yet to see one start up in the Morning and runs for hours and hours all day long. Both have their ups and downs.
Old 03-09-2012, 04:56 AM   #49 (permalink)

Member # 199771
Quote:
Originally Posted by GZ View Post
For any big bog truck, with exceptions of very few, more power leads to less actual drive time. Toby's truck will run ALL day long where a 1,000hp plus motor can't hang run time wise. I've yet to see one start up in the Morning and runs for hours and hours all day long. Both have their ups and downs.
Sounds liike they need a new engine builder/set-up!!! LOL

Not to say a 1000hp gas engine will be as durable as a diesel, but all season with no problems should be a walk in the park at that power level..........on pump gas!

As mentioned, the money invested is a whole nother subject though!!!!!!!
Warp Speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 07:54 AM   #50 (permalink)
GZ
Wheeler

Member # 176008
The money invested to run a 1000hp+ engine for hours and hours on end would be rediculous IF it is even possible. More HP ultimately leads to less run time, especially since the trucks are "slinging" tires, but the truck isn't moving quick enough to move air through the radiator.

I am by no means saying a motor can't run for extended amounts of time with high HP, or all season long. I've just never seen one the same amount of hours as the slow (but capable) stock motor trucks.

Hell who'd want to feed those bitches for that much run time anyways lol