Pirate 4x4 banner

Lets see your mud truck or mud racer...

582K views 645 replies 316 participants last post by  adiction454 
#1 ·
Heres mine in the mud..

In the shop

Sadly I think I have it traded off for another trail truck...I havent actualy raced for 10 years or so,so its just been sitting...Its a hard choice...

See less See more
#410 · (Edited)
Just finished building my new truck. Finished Friday night and ran Saturday. Throttle stuck on the big end of the pit bouncing around at the shutdown area and couldn't get to the shutoff switch on the cage was getting close to the hay bales and the cameraman behind them I turned right went up on two tires. Got the engine shut down and when it came down it broke the ball joints and ripped up the front bumper. Took 3rd though.

Attachments

#426 ·
So far i havnt broke a stock axle. I put new ujoints in and repack wheel bearings. I run 4.10 ratio in low range with a 4000rpm stall. They work great for our area. Chromoly shafts r in the future but i got a spare set of stock ones yet. Sorry for the poor quality its a text msg video.

#429 ·
#434 ·
In reality, a mud truck is only going to take one roll before it's fucked (a flop in soft goo isn't a roll in racing for the trolls) and that's really a cage that's only designed to save your ass once IMHO. It'll work.

I personally don't like that there is no cross bars for bracing up on the roof area, but that's just me.

#437 · (Edited)
#441 ·
Dana 60 swap worked good for me untill the big block and 44's. Now its Longfield super joints, 10 Factory 35 spline stubs, drive flanges and stock inners. In our 2nd season and thats all good, other stuff not so much. :shaking:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.