Pirate 4x4 banner

Lets see your mud truck or mud racer...

582K views 645 replies 316 participants last post by  adiction454 
#1 ·
Heres mine in the mud..

In the shop

Sadly I think I have it traded off for another trail truck...I havent actualy raced for 10 years or so,so its just been sitting...Its a hard choice...

See less See more
#489 · (Edited)

1986 3/4 ton long bed with mild 454 turbo 400 NP208 shackle flip, zero rate, one inch lift spring, 6 inch front springs, Dana 60 with crossover and high steer (swapped in after picture was taken) AGR rock ram box, 14 bolt FF with discs, and Made my headache rack. Bumpers and transfer case are in the near future

#490 ·
heres my project... nothin special 84 chevy 6in lift 38" tsl's 350ci 2.02 heads comp cam built th350 married np205 10 bolt front and rear for now welded 14 bolt goin in this weekend, gettin 4.56 gears front and rear and gonna try whats refered to around here as a ******* locker in the front. more pics to come.

http://i1353.photobucket.com/albums/q675/bowtiebranded/mudtruck_zpsf0ddb872.jpg

http://i1353.photobucket.com/albums/q675/bowtiebranded/muddin_zps7b41671c.jpg

http://i1353.photobucket.com/albums...0151775999190714_1572323776_n_zps0b7cbf4f.jpg

#494 · (Edited)
We just got a good snow here so measurements may not be accurate for height, i got 44" tall and 20" wide. I might put a thread up when i really get crackin on it but i think im going to catch a lot of shit because of my engine choice in this rig.

#502 ·
x2 on that, I feel like I wasted time and money doing a 44 in my truck and its only on 36's and cheap coils/sky jacker shocks :laughing::shaking: I have a d60 waiting to get set up though

With all that coil over, fabrication and effort and now pull front and rear to redo it all. After my swap I have become a big believer of doing it right the first time

#501 ·
nothin special. its my daily driver but it sees the mud and tails.. more of a off road recovery pos...
1979 gmc 3\4 ton, 355, turbo 350, 205, 8000 pound winch, detroit locker

new motor, 30 over, flat tops, 194 double bumps, gear drive, high rise aluminum intake, 600 cfm, 286 cam?

few days later

i would like to lift it some day with a 4 speed and 35s . still a daily driver

#506 · (Edited)
Geez...people quit hating...they made a kick-ass truck! I think it's awesome a high school kid with his dad's help built such a cool project instead of some rice burner fast and the furious wanna be with a fart pipe on it! It's refreshing to see kids building projects with their dad like this. They built it with what they had available, and when they get the chance they will throw a 60 in it, and what's the big deal about that-all it takes is stripping the 60 housing and welding the same link brackets on it that the 44 has and switch out the driveshaft or maybe even just the slipyoke or the yoke on the axle, depending on what particular pieces they have already on it.
Great truck guys and don't pay attention to people on here that have nothing better to do but bitch and pick at other people's stuff!

#509 ·
Flashdog my eyes are open...you did compliment them, then had said they wasted time putting a 44 in it...who cares? It's their truck! Not picking on anyone, but why compliment someone then turn it into a left-handed compliment by hating on it right after?
I guess it just gets old seeing so many people being dicks to people on the pirate boards. We are all here because we love the many different aspects of four wheeling, crawling, mudding, etc...why always so much bs? No other board I see online has this many people that are such asses so much.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.